H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD - Page 44
Like Tree2568Likes

Thread: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Page 44 of 186 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Re: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99dad View Post
    Agreed. Knowing him and his ability to envision a perfectly cohesive final product, it'll look just right ! He also has a good eye for aesthetic
    I think Brice has summed it up nicely. The "development" has been discussed. Clemens knows what sells and will build accordingly taking into account some excerpts from the discussion.

Enough flogging. Show us the choices & let's get on with it.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Danny T View Post
    I dunno about a metal end link and then fitting a straight lug strap to it. I'm just not a fan of that look, even on the tudor or Rolex. Visually it adds bulk to the case IMO.

I vote 2 spring bar locations which would probably be more cost effective anyways.

I just got my Orca Torpedo in today and the location of the spring bar is PERFECT. I have my sailcloth strap on it and it fits as tight to the case as you can get with ZERO binding of the strap. There is actually a relief machined into the case to allow the strap to move freely at the lug to prevent binding. And the torpedo comes with the fitted end links for the bracelet.

I can only assume the Marlin will be the same. Clemens is a genius.
    I vote for this too. Not a fan of fastening straps to an end link. 2 sets of spring bar holes if necessary. Worked great on the Victorinox DiveMaster, and LumTec has utilized this now.

Now on with the show..
    RD

I'm glad you guys agree. Two sets of spring bar holes makes a lot of sense and I don't know why more watch brands don't do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    Danny T, mekenical, nweash and 1 others like this.
    ALPINA Alpiner 4GMT, Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CARPENTER Brooklyn Field | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | GLYCINE Combat6 Vintage 43 GL0123 | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil & Lexington | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom |

Ordered--> Nada

COZ

Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    I vote for this too. Not a fan of fastening straps to an end link. 2 sets of spring bar holes if necessary. Worked great on the Victorinox DiveMaster, and LumTec has utilized this now.

Now on with the show..
    RD
    +2, not a fan of the end link/strap connection like on the Pelagos. Like the two spring bar hole better.
    johnnmiller1 and nweash like this.

I'm confident the end link for the strap will look great Clemens has great ideas it will be no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by mekenical View Post
    I'm confident the end link for the strap will look great Clemens has great ideas it will be no exception.
    I'm getting the idea Clemens already has everything set and will do as he see's fit. We've seen this from the last thread Danny T put up. So as I said, our opinions are noted, and probably EOD. Build it!

This end link business must be the new thing, and not sure how Clemens can do it much differently. The product is the product, and the H20 / Helberg reputation precedes itself. It's all good.

RD

We might be all bond together at our heads: Two spring bar positions are already included into the design! This allows the use of different straps, different thickness of straps or even the end shape of the leather strap could be round to fit perfectly to the case. It all depends on your ideas.

Not sure about the Marlin on the dial, because it might be difficult to print perfectly. On Photoshop everything is possible.

Name:  two spring bar positions.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  29.2 KB

Well, that's me sorted. Any lingering doubts (because I'm not a bracelet guy) are gone with the two spring bar positions. Let's get this pre-order going!
    Thai_John and nweash like this.

Two spring bar positions sounds very good to me as i like to use different straps!

The Marlin on dial problem - everything is possible i think, only a matter of the costs...as always.
    In addition i personally think that the "line" Clemens put up with the name on the dial (Kalmar, Orca) should be continued.

Looks great. Please don't put any pictures of fish/marlin on the dial please. So tacky.

Very interested in the rubber strap you mentioned, what is the superior rubber material that AP and Hublot use that you are also planning to?

You also mentioned the rubber strap will accommodate 23cm wrists, will this be shortened for the 40mm model? Us small waisted people will be wrapping that thing around our arms twice to fit it!
    nweash and mrklabb like this.

Page 44 of 186 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Thread Information