H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD - Page 45
Like Tree2568Likes

Thread: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Page 45 of 186 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Re: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Will not disclose the material as there are too many copy cats out there. The rubber strap could be easily shortened and therefore could be used on the 40mm watch as well. The strap will be a 24/22mm and 22/22mm design using the same 22mm clasp.

Im also more for the clear dial and as the same dial could be used in the KALMAR 1 / KALMAR 2 / MARLIN / ... I will not put the model name on the dial.

I am ready to pre-order... what more is there to discuss..?
    Jeep99dad and mdsaitto like this.

I like the idea of the clean dial.

Could the lumed caseback be a Marlin instead of the H2O logo? That would work. I think it would be cool to incorporate the model's info somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by H2O Watch View Post
    Im also more for the clear dial and as the same dial could be used in the KALMAR 1 / KALMAR 2 / MARLIN / ... I will not put the model name on the dial.
    ??? Just wondering - the dial feets should be different due to the crown position (3 versus 4) ??? Or are there perhaps plans to change the crown position on the Kalmar 2 - dont hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by commanche View Post
    I am ready to pre-order... what more is there to discuss..?
    100% - the more decidable parts, the more the problems to decide

We might be all bond together at our heads: Two spring bar positions are already included into the design! This allows the use of different straps, different thickness of straps or even the end shape of the leather strap could be round to fit perfectly to the case. It all depends on your ideas.

Not sure about the Marlin on the dial, because it might be difficult to print perfectly. On Photoshop everything is possible.

Attachment 5879986
    Brilliant 🏻

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Yes, the dial feet are different, but the design will be produced also for crown at 03:00.

The Marlin could not be printed with Sl on the display case back crystal, because its not possible to print that fine with SL.

We might be all bond together at our heads: Two spring bar positions are already included into the design! This allows the use of different straps, different thickness of straps or even the end shape of the leather strap could be round to fit perfectly to the case. It all depends on your ideas.

Not sure about the Marlin on the dial, because it might be difficult to print perfectly. On Photoshop everything is possible.

Attachment 5879986
    You're psychic... U read my mind!!!

Mind blown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    ALPINA Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BATHYS Benthic GMT | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | HALIOS Seaforth Blue & Gilt | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil | MWW 62MAS homage | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom [B] |

Ordered--> Carpenter Field Watch, MWW Equinox, MERCER Lexington

Will not disclose the material as there are too many copy cats out there. The rubber strap could be easily shortened and therefore could be used on the 40mm watch as well. The strap will be a 24/22mm and 22/22mm design using the same 22mm clasp.

Good call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    ALPINA Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BATHYS Benthic GMT | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | HALIOS Seaforth Blue & Gilt | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil | MWW 62MAS homage | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom [B] |

Ordered--> Carpenter Field Watch, MWW Equinox, MERCER Lexington

Yes, the dial feet are different, but the design will be produced also for crown at 03:00.
    Ahhh - good to know - this opens a lot of new options for the Kalmar/Kalmar 2 watches...
    Clemens, it gets more difficult by every new statement from you to decide.....

Borealis has just launched their in house 22 mm rubber strap which took 1 year to formulate, according to Maria. I have bought 1 piece to try and I must say I am quite satisfied with it, having paid only $15 plus $10 for shipping. It is not as thick as the original Isofrane but quite soft and bendable - more testing needed as I just received it. It will be a great boost for us to get a high standard of material vs the pricey brands for the Marlins strap. I really appreciate the developmental work that is done from the micro brands at affordable price points.

Page 45 of 186 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Thread Information