H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD - Page 6
Like Tree2558Likes

Thread: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Page 6 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Re: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Love it. Price and size have kept me from getting an h2o before. 40mm is a great size and if it's a 9015 hopefully the cost is attainable, I think it's a very good movement for the price, good value.
    Trying not to get my hopes up...
    Omega SMP 2264.50 - Magrette Regatarre 2011 ETA LE version - Tissot PR50 titanium- Timex Ironman - Brathwait Classic Slim SS ​ -Borealis Estoril 300- Steinhart OT500 ETA-Ventus Mori M4 - Leyden Velox - RLT 75

Quote Originally Posted by SteamJ View Post
    Not too long ago I'd have felt the same way but a Miyota 9015 is a great movement for a huge savings.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I agree. some of the really margin thin micros like the new Borealis Estoril 3 is priced at $380 using the 9015. It seems that micros have adopted this movement well into their portfolios.
    Last edited by thong07; October 23rd, 2015 at 08:09.

Especially considering that ETA spare parts are shortly due to dry up a bit in the independent market.

H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Watch
    Display back
    ETA
    Miyota
    Money
    Debating it
    44mm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    commanche and rafy1 like this.
    私はクソ愛の腕時計
    Hidden Content

I agree about the Miyota 9015.
    There is nothing bad to say about this movement. I will not use the Seiko, because I would like to have the second hand moving as smooth as possible and a high beat mvmt will surely have its advantages here. I have some a good and stable channel for ETA movement supply and with the ETA 2892 you could get one of the rare opportunities to get this movement from a small micro brand. In future the sourcing of this movement will become more and more difficult. But of course the purchasing costs for the ETA 2892 are much higher compared to the 9015, which will result in higher sales price.

The dimensions will be made public at a later stage. There should be something new we could talk about when the pre-order starts.

Some time ago I made renderings with the 6 inlays and different dials Im planning. This SECTION is not including the dial 18 design from the KALMAR 2 and maybe other dial designs I will come up with and is just a part of the possibilities. To reduce my workload in future free combinations out of the visual configurator might be only offered during the pre-order and later on only pre-configured models might be available.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O Watch View Post
    I agree about the Miyota 9015.
    There is nothing bad to say about this movement. I will not use the Seiko, because I would like to have the second hand moving as smooth as possible and a high beat mvmt will surely have its advantages here. I have some a good and stable channel for ETA movement supply and with the ETA 2892 you could get one of the rare opportunities to get this movement from a small micro brand. In future the sourcing of this movement will become more and more difficult. But of course the purchasing costs for the ETA 2892 are much higher compared to the 9015, which will result in higher sales price.

The dimensions will be made public at a later stage. There should be something new we could talk about when the pre-order starts.

Some time ago I made renderings with the 6 inlays and different dials Im planning. This SECTION is not including the dial 18 design from the KALMAR 2 and maybe other dial designs I will come up with and is just a part of the possibilities. To reduce my workload in future free combinations out of the visual configurator might be only offered during the pre-order and later on only pre-configured models might be available.

I dont mind Sellita also ^^. Eventhough I respect the choice of Miyota. But hey! Maybe make it part of the customization for customers to choose?
    ndw6 likes this.

Selitta/Soprod are not any better (but most probably worse) or cheaper compared to the ETA 2824. Not to speak about the SW300 as ETA 2892 clone. I prefer to have the original in my watches.

Offering both movements would double the dial order, which is already huge, due to different dial feet position.

This was a pleasant surprise, 40mm will be a perfect addition to my collection. My only thought would be to include more dial/ inlay options but regardless, great looking watch, can't wait till i can buy one.

CJN

For me Miyota or Eta, it all depends on how it's built into the watch.
    How the crown screws down and how the crown feels when setting the time.

I always go back to my Raven, the 9015 winds so smooth and keeps time so well
    that it functions better than some of my ETA's. So for me, in the end it comes down to
    cost. I enjoy the watch just as much with and ETA or Miyota. That's my 2 cents :)
    -
    Though the only major argument made on aesthetics could be the display case back.
    Which movement is the visually more pleasing to your eyes?
    mrklabb likes this.
    When you have kids, time races.
    It gives me pleasure to see time fly by on a nice watch.

replied to wrong post
    Last edited by ndw6; October 23rd, 2015 at 10:31.
    私はクソ愛の腕時計
    Hidden Content

Page 6 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Gear in this thread

Thread Information