Hi all, it has come to the time for a new watch and I have shortlisted the 2 as my most desired for my current budget. I have been considering over the week but can't decide which to get though. Btw, I am used to this kind of tool watch as I did owned several tunas as well as a Darth Tuna SBBN011 b4 and really liked them, they had to go only bcos I needed whatever cash I could get to purchase a car then.
Below are the top few pros & cons that matters to me (did not include the rest of plus points that both have in common eg. Sapphire crystal, lumes etc.).
Seiko Darth Tuna SBBN013:
+ Original design (1 pc case, legendary shroud diver)
+ Established brand, proven in-house movement (Although quartz, it is a high end one)
+ Made from high end materials (Titanium etc)
+ Good re-sale value (Just in case I get crazy)
- Battery change is a pain in the eh.. (This really bothers me as the local agent is not really helpful when it comes to servicing the watch)
- PVD coating fades on mine previously & seems common on the shrouds
- Pretty expensive for a quartz (Its almost twice the price of the Puck)
+ Original design (I actually prefer the less busy dials & case looks of this over the Tuna)
+ DLC coating & Isofrane strap (Good materials used too)
+ Maintenance free auto movement (2824-2 movement is quite the work horse & maintenance free)
+ Half the price of the tuna
- Relatively new brand (Quite unknown over here)
- Not in-house movement & manufacture (I believe)
- Re-sale value??
I would like to listen to any other points or comments that can help conclude my decision.