HELP ME DECIDE!!! BERTUCCI A-2T vs. KRONOS PVD SBS DIVER vs BERNHARDT SEASHARK
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rspera25
  • 2 Post By johnny action
  • 1 Post By brandon\

Thread: HELP ME DECIDE!!! BERTUCCI A-2T vs. KRONOS PVD SBS DIVER vs BERNHARDT SEASHARK

HELP ME DECIDE!!! BERTUCCI A-2T vs. KRONOS PVD SBS DIVER vs BERNHARDT SEASHARK

Bernhardt Sea.Shark Review | Ross Watch Review

British SBS PVD 200m Dated Divers Watch (Olive strap) | eBay

Bertucci Men's A2T Vintage Black Titanium Drab Nylon Strap Black Vintage Dial 12028 Watch

I am deciding between these three watches and am very torn! I know one is an auto, i am simply considering a good beater watch. I recently sold my Luminox Navy Seals (just habitual flipping) and need a new beater watch?

Help me please!

Weigh the pros and cons!

Miles

Re: HELP ME DECIDE!!! BERTUCCI A-2T vs. KRONOS PVD SBS DIVER vs BERNHARDT SEASHARK

I can't Comment on the other two, but the Bernhardt Sea Shark is unquestionably the best watch for the Money. For 239$ you get a solid 185 grams stainless steel bracelet, a Sapphire Crystal, a signed screw down crown, an awesome case back engraved with a shark, and the Number sea shark you got. And a solid Japenese automatic movement, Plus the watch also comes with a two year warranty .. You can't go wrong Name:  IMAG0441.jpeg
Views: 2143
Size:  70.7 KB
    brandon\ likes this.

Re: HELP ME DECIDE!!! BERTUCCI A-2T vs. KRONOS PVD SBS DIVER vs BERNHARDT SEASHARK

BERTUCCI!!!

I've owned one for the past six years and it has NEVER given me any problems!!! It's well designed with a recessed crystal and all-titanium construction. A perfect field watch that's wearable in the pool too!

Get one!!!
    brandon\ and heebs like this.
    Killing Confusion By Eliminating Options

I own both the Bernhardt and Bertucci. Here's my take:

The Bernhardt and Bertucci are very different watches in so many ways. I really like both and they both have very different and unique places in my collection. I have owned the Bertucci for almost a year and the Bernhardt for only a week.

Bertucci:
    The A-2T is the perfect field watch for me. I tried a couple of other styles of field watches and found that Bertucci uses taller/thicker cases, which I prefer the look of more than shorter/thinner/flatter cased field watches. The mineral crystal is sunken in deep below the bezel and would take a very direct, pointed hit to get damaged. The crown is screw-down and the water resistance is 100M; I have gone swimming with mine without any worries. The dial is printed with lume that is virtually non-existent. The solid lug bars give the watch a very substantial feel; the only downside is that the watch head can only be put on one-piece or folder-over flieger-style straps. The spacing of the lugs and bars also limit your options, in my opinion. The lugs are slightly wider than 22mm and are set-up for the stock thick, two-layer canvas/nylon straps; so the watch head will slide around on a regular 22mm nato/zulu and has to be put on a 24mm nato/zulu for a snug fit. However, I really like the stock straps. The holes are rimmed with titanium rivets and the buckle and keeper are full-sized and made from titanium, too. When you put the watch on, it doesn't take long for you to forget you are wearing it - it only weighs 56 grams with the strap.

Bernhardt:
    Pictures do not do the Sea Shark justice. The watch is absolutely gorgeous in-the-flesh. When you open the large and heavy presentation box, you will not want to "beat" on this watch. Don't get me wrong, I have no intentions of babying mine, but it would not look at home doing yard work or any manual labor, in my opinion. The first thing you will notice that I did not read in any reviews is that the applied-indices and hour and minute hands are chrome-lined - that touch and attention to detail really pulls it out of being a strict tool/beater watch. The other thing that I noticed between holding the watch and the pictures is the bezel; it looks very prominent in pictures, but once you see it, the bezel only accents and compliments the watch instead of screaming for attention. Also, the teeth on the bezel and grooves on the crown feel *[intentionally]* unfinished; they do not feel smoothed or polished, but because of that, both the bezel and crown are very, very easy to grip and use - and I really like that. Aside from that, everything else about the watch has been said in the many, many reviews. The sapphire crystal, the movement, the bracelet - it's all top-notch, solid and substantial. This is not a watch that you forget you are wearing. Dare I say this, but as long as there is a supply of Miyota movements, this watch is of heirloom quality. My only disappointment is that the bracelet rattles a little more than I would like it to; it's not bad and "disappointment" is a bit strong of a word, but it does rattle and maybe only because I wear my watches relatively loose. The only other thing that needs to be said is to reinforce all the reviews about the lume; in fact, I would rate it along side the Bertucci at virtually non-existent. I knew that about the lume of both of these watches when purchasing them and it doesn't bother me in the least, but your mileage may vary.

So a quick run down is that these watches are very, very different. If you want a carefree watch that you can strap on your wrist and pretty much forget about, the Bertucci is it. If you want a watch with a little more function, a la rotating bezel and higher water resistance, and flashier looks, the Bernhardt is it. If I had to choose between the two, I would keep the Bernhardt based on pure aesthetics; it is a classically-styled Submariner homage with its own little design tweaks and flair - enough so it's not a stuffy copy or replica. Despite both watches being 42mm, the Bernhardt just flat out wears bigger. (As for the movements, I can go either way and can really appreciate the place of both mechanical and quartz movements. So aside from the usual differences that have been discussed and debated, I really have no comment on the movements - especially since I don't check the accuracy of my automatics. I just reset the time when I finally notice that it is between 5 and 10 minutes off of my cell phone. And I don't note or keep track of the frequency of resetting the time. So I have nothing to say other than one is an automatic and one is a quartz.)

And here's my humble advice about purchasing the watches. Bertuccis turn up on the sales forum from time-to-time. I'd say about once a month, roughly. But due to them not having a cult-following, the depreciation is pretty steep. The A-2T Vintage with the Swiss quartz movement (I believe it is a Ronda 515 or something - I'm not entirely sure though and have not found a definitive answer) sells for about $130 u.s.d. new. I see them sell for around $75 u.s.d. on the sales forum in good condition - that is how I got mine. The Sea Sharks, on the other hand, are a bit more difficult, depending on color. I sold a couple of watches in early April to fund the Sea Shark. I wanted the black dial. Bernhardt was out of stock and I only saw one black dial in good condition surface on the sales forum between then and now that sold for $150 u.s.d. in under 10 minutes. I saw about another 5 or so in other colors show up on the sales forum and they all sold within a day or two for about the same price in good condition. (Based on how sparingly they show up on the sales forum and how quickly they sell, I think $150 is a really low price, in my opinion.) And from early April up to a few weeks ago, Bernhardt was out of stock of the black dial Sea Shark while other colors came and gone from their inventory. But they have the black dials in now and I would jump on it a.s.a.p. and just buy new straight from Bernhardt. As I mentioned, you get a fantastic presentation box, plus a two-year warranty, which isn't a bad idea considering the Miyota 8215's seconds-hand stutter issue (my is just fine, though).

I can't make a solid recommendation either way since they are such different watches with their own unique niches, but I hope all of this helps you decide which is best for you.
    Last edited by brandon\; August 20th, 2012 at 00:54. Reason: I am eating my words and inserting my foot into my mouth about Kronos watches.
    johnny action likes this.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Thread Information