helson shark diver - show us yours - Page 12
Like Tree2046Likes

Thread: helson shark diver - show us yours

Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

Re: helson shark diver - show us yours

Can anyone tell me if the new Blue SD42 is a deep blue or is it bright like the picture on the Helson Website? I like the deeper color blue and want another SD.. Just wish Peter would offer the old bezel as an option.. Looks more tool to me.
    gdb1960 likes this.
    Seiko Shogun
    Seiko Sumo Blue
    Seiko SRP775 New Turtle
    Seiko SKX007J
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Helson SD V3

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the new Blue SD42 is a deep blue or is it bright like the picture on the Helson Website? I like the deeper color blue and want another SD.. Just wish Peter would offer the old bezel as an option.. Looks more tool to me.
    Deep blue
    Tickythebull, gdb1960 and Jerry P like this.

Well if it looks just like your picture in person then that' very close to the Seiko Sumo, which I love... I need a blue watch back in the house and want to get the Blue Isofrane to go with it. So ITS NOT like their website then..
    gdb1960 likes this.
    Seiko Shogun
    Seiko Sumo Blue
    Seiko SRP775 New Turtle
    Seiko SKX007J
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Helson SD V3

Well if it looks just like your picture in person then that' very close to the Seiko Sumo, which I love... I need a blue watch back in the house and want to get the Blue Isofrane to go with it. So ITS NOT like their website then..
    I just bought it a month ago ..fyi....from their website
    gdb1960 likes this.

Its the best blue faced diver I have seen. I looked at way too many watches over the past few weeks. Some others that stuck out to me - The Halios Tropik SS, and the Certina Action diver. But the Helson is perfect IMO. I got really lucky to find a new one with an ETA movement.
    gdb1960 and Jerry P like this.

Brown SD45 on alligator shoes...

The colours on my picture are closer to the actual watch than what's on their website. It's a nice deep blue. You will definitely like it. Cheers.

Name:  attachment-4.jpeg
Views: 633
Size:  1.60 MB

I'm kinda on the same boat, I recently sold my Silver SD, I'm thinking if I should get a blue one or maybe a Brass MOP, or even go crazier and get turquoise.

Have to agree with you here, the sapphire bezel has stopped me pulling the trigger on a blue SD. I've picked up a black SD 42 and a White SD 45 recently, have to say that the bezel on the SD 45 is more balanced, whereas it looks a bit thin and squashed in on the SD 42. In my opinion the older bezel definitely looked more in keeping with the tool ethos of the watch, as you said, it's a shame they do not offer it as an option. That being said, if you plan on hanging onto the watch for a long time, I think the sapphire bezel will defintely stand up better to daily abuse. Have you tried contacting William at Helson, if they have the parts they may be willing to make you the watch that you want, I think ThrillSeeker did the same thing recently.

Yes, I did not get into customization, but I was told they had a few ETA movements left on the SD42, so I took it immediately. It was the perfect combo for me.

They also told me that they were not sure if and when they would be making new SD42s. The main point here is - reach out to them and see what they have. Not everything is listed on the site and once you get a hold of them and they see you are serious about buying, they respond pretty quickly.

Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information