helson shark diver - show us yours - Page 17
Like Tree2228Likes

Thread: helson shark diver - show us yours

Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 ... LastLast

Re: helson shark diver - show us yours

I personally love the bezel but that's just my opinion.

How are you guys winding these watches? I have an ETA movement and I heard it's not good to manually wind them. Just curious. I have barely hand wound mine, but the watch finally died last night when I was sleeping and I had worn it all day. So I was just curious how often you folks wind your SDs.

Quote Originally Posted by timedoctor View Post
    The lume in the 12 o'clock pip fell out last year on my SD45. I've read this has happened to others. I contacted Helson and was told to send it back to HK from USA. Fair...but I did not bother. Maybe this problem explains the new bezels. I like the look of the old ones.
    I think this is exactly why many manufacturers are using the sapphire bezels. I guess they're tired of repairing lume that pops out. I too like a matte, fully lumed bezel. If they lack the longevity, maybe sapphire is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker View Post
    I personally love the bezel but that's just my opinion.

How are you guys winding these watches? I have an ETA movement and I heard it's not good to manually wind them. Just curious. I have barely hand wound mine, but the watch finally died last night when I was sleeping and I had worn it all day. So I was just curious how often you folks wind your SDs.
    I have always wound my watches by hand. BotH ETA and 9015. What's the purpose of being able to have this feature if you can't use it. I have never had an issues either. However I haven't had one of this movements longer than two years.
    Seiko Shogun
    Seiko Sumo Blue
    Seiko SRP775 New Turtle Gold, Blue/Red
    Seiko SKX007J
    Seiko Orange Monster
    NFW AutoPilot
    Halios Laguna 2
    Halios Puck
    Halios Puck 2 on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    I have always wound my watches by hand. BotH ETA and 9015. What's the purpose of being able to have this feature if you can't use it. I have never had an issues either. However I haven't had one of this movements longer than two years.
    I agree. I just wasn't sure since I was searching on the ETA movement and some results came up with people saying it was a bad idea to wind it. Didn't make much sense to me, but whatever.

How often are you winding yours? I have only wound mine once so far and it only died once after over a week of everyday wear. Pretty impressive.

Also, is anybody using the Cape Cod polishing cloth to the clean the bracelet? Just making sure that is ok. I know it cleans stainless steel well but I read the bracelet may have a brushed finish so I wanted to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker View Post
    Also, is anybody using the Cape Cod polishing cloth to the clean the bracelet? Just making sure that is ok. I know it cleans stainless steel well but I read the bracelet may have a brushed finish so I wanted to verify.
    To be honest, I just run it under the tap and use some dish soap to clean it. It works great. The watch looks like new when your done.

Its finally here, I was on the fence about the dial for a long time, I couldn't find many pics of it, but the numbers were getting low and I just had to pull the trigger......

Attachment 4225650

Attachment 4225658

Attachment 4225666

The dial looks mental, I can't stop staring at it so glad I got this. I looks like I'm staring into the ocean or the sky, I can't wait to get some patina on it. But I immediately threw it on a brown leather I had cuz the Cuda felt a bit stiff and the new Helson buckle dug into my wrist.

Any suggestions on what strap will look good with this dial?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
    To be honest, I just run it under the tap and use some dish soap to clean it. It works great. The watch looks like new when your done.
    I did that last night with a toothbrush and it worked well. Im thinking down the road for when I want to get the bracelet looking new again.

Quote Originally Posted by AVS_Racing View Post
    Its finally here, I was on the fence about the dial for a long time, I couldn't find many pics of it, but the numbers were getting low and I just had to pull the trigger......

Attachment 4225650

Attachment 4225658

Attachment 4225666

The dial looks mental, I can't stop staring at it so glad I got this. I looks like I'm staring into the ocean or the sky, I can't wait to get some patina on it. But I immediately threw it on a brown leather I had cuz the Cuda felt a bit stiff and the new Helson buckle dug into my wrist.

Any suggestions on what strap will look good with this dial?
    I bet black leather would look awesome.

I am debating between a grey or black one. Black looks very nice but I have 3 black watches and 1 white, so. It sure if grey is the way to go. Just not sure about the bezel.

Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread Information