helson shark diver - show us yours - Page 37
Like Tree2042Likes

Thread: helson shark diver - show us yours

Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Re: helson shark diver - show us yours

Can it be dressed up with a suit?
    I am worried that the bracelet would look too masculine, and I don't plan on swapping it with leather or nato.
    gdb1960 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle6 View Post
    I am worried that the bracelet would look too masculine, and I don't plan on swapping it with leather or nato.
    As long as you get it in 40mm
    gdb1960 likes this.
    Rado - Longines - Oris - Mido - Certina - Hamilton - Tissot - Edox - Christopher Ward - Seiko - Stowa - Ginault - Davosa - Squale - Slow - Laco - Glycine - Junkers - Dagaz - Raven - Armida - Bulova - Helson - Techné - Mercer - Victorinox - Braun - Orient - Marc & Sons - Onitsuka Tiger - Borealis - Tiger Concepts - Wancher - Invicta - Tisell - Aramar - G-Shock - Meister

I'm gonna say no, but of course people will have differing opinions. The bracelet is very chunky. Not refined enough for a suit IMO. It reflects light in a way that accentuates the link shape. Too distracting.
    Riddim Driven and gdb1960 like this.

Im going to say yes! A wet suit.

Quote Originally Posted by mekenical View Post
    Im going to say yes! A wet suit.
    I know someone is gonna say this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-4199673046001
    mekenical and gdb1960 like this.

Here's my new 40mm Bronze. Waiting on a couple straps. Gonna let it patina naturally in my salty environment. It's outside currently, enjoying the salt air

Ill keep posting this up as updates are worthy. I will say the quality of this one is far better than the 2012 42mm I had. Better finishing all round. The crown stem is steel vs titanium, the crown is bronze with a steel bit inside to screw onto the steel stem. ETA is keeping good time.

RD

"Yeah, it's basically a block of steel with a movement inside. Part of the charm." daschlag

Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    Here's my new 40mm Bronze. Waiting on a couple straps. Gonna let it patina naturally in my salty environment. It's outside currently, enjoying the salt air

Ill keep posting this up as updates are worthy. I will say the quality of this one is far better than the 2012 42mm I had. Better finishing all round. The crown stem is steel vs titanium, the crown is bronze with a steel bit inside to screw onto the steel stem. ETA is keeping good time.

RD

Thats hot! Nice shot too!

Quote Originally Posted by mekenical View Post
    Thats hot! Nice shot too!

Thank you very much! Needless to say I do enjoy your hots & shots too. You have an awesome gaggle

RD
    mekenical and gdb1960 like this.
    "Yeah, it's basically a block of steel with a movement inside. Part of the charm." daschlag

oh you are going to like this...

because i have sd 45 #328 2824-2, it only came with the helson mesh (which is awesome and dresses up the watch) so when i wanted to add the bracelet, helson advised that the newer bracelet end links may not fit mine correctly since mine was an early run and the new tank tread link bracelet was not produced back then (?!) ..so i did some research, looked at the Zenton, the H2O bracelet, by why risk it? so I decided to take the plunge on the Helson Gauge steel brushed bracelet, and let me tell you, its awesome, what a brick sh--house feeling the bracelet gives the SD45 - the weight completely transforms the watch with perfect balance vs the mesh or the cuda ...and what a "happy accident" this is, as i have to be honest, I never liked the look of the "molded to case" end links of the current SD bracelet, it seemed to make the case look too big for the bracelet due to the thick lugs, so the Gauge bracelnt is excellent! Now the helson garage is complete - with 3 helson manufactured options: gauge bracelet, cuda rubber, or helson mesh...all 1st class quality...

here are the pics....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by GuyB2; January 30th, 2016 at 18:59.

someone was asking if the helson can be worn with a suit, i think the helson mesh works well with dress clothes...it subdues it and it tapers from 24 to 20mm...
    Attached Images Attached Images

thejollywatcher and gdb1960 like this.

Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast