helson shark diver - show us yours - Page 39
Like Tree2216Likes

Thread: helson shark diver - show us yours

Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wmv View Post
    [iurl="http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6808474&d=1453741905"][/iurl]
    [iurl="http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6808482&d=1453742069"][/iurl]
    [iurl="http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6808490&d=1453741484"][/iurl]

Patina? OMG. I thought this watch had survived nuclear explosion. Well its true that all of as have different taste.
    Tickythebull and gdb1960 like this.

Re: helson shark diver - show us yours

Name:  helson 11-11-15.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  943.7 KB
    thejollywatcher likes this.
    |Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch | Breitling Chronomat HeadWind | Rolex GMT Master II |
    |Prometheus Piranha | Helson Shark Diver 42 Brass | H20 Kalmar II | Glycine Lagunare 3809 |
    |Glycine Eugene Meylan |Glycine Inursore PVD GB | Glycine Airman 9 | Glycine Big 9 Chrono |
    |Sinn U1 | Glycine Stratoforte | Buame et Mercier Capeland Automatic | Damasko DA38 | Oris BC3 |
    Incoming: Karlskrona Baltic Shield, Helberg CH8.

Hi all, this is my first post to the forum, but I’ve been an avid reader for a while.

I love watches, (as you’d probably expect being on a watch forum!) And I’ve be lucky enough to own quite a few beauties in my time.

To make it onto my wrist, a watch really needs to sing to me. I can’t put my finger on exactly what that means, it might be the tooling on a bezel, or the style of a crown guard or the text style on the face. But it has to work in harmony. Brand isn’t a factor, but I like to own watches that not many people know, and other watch enthusiast appreciate, and it needs to be automatic. I guess I’m preaching to the converted. But the type of watch a person wears (like their shoes) says so much about a person.

It also has to live on my wrist 24/7 – because I never take my watch off. It has to work from board room to under the sea and everything in between. I’ve been looking for the perfect tool watch for some time and that journey has taken me to many AD’s and website forums and I’ve tried on a fair few to narrow my list down.

To that end, the Helson Shark Diver came into my focus. It really (really) sang to me. I truly love everything about its design and following on from reading as much as I could about the company and reading your thoughts, I finally pushed the button last Thursday evening.

I was on the fence about what size to go for, as I’ve got a small flat wrist (approx. 6.5 inches) and I usually like to try a watch in person on as each one wears differently. (e.g. I can just about get away with a 42mm Tudor Pelagos, but not a 42mm Rolex Explorer) so the lug to lug and the lug design plays a big factor in what looks good on the wrist. It was really hard to decide which one to go for, but knowing how well the 40mm Rolex Sub sits on my wrist, I decided to go for the 40mm SD, black on black.

Yesterday, (which is an incredible turn around, HK to UK over a weekend) it arrived, and boy, does it live up to my extremely high expectations. She looks incredible from every angle, a perfect looking watch, and that lume! I know people mention it a lot, but in person…wow!

However, one of the real highlights for me is the bezel. For this version Helson seem to have gone back to the aluminium with a matt black finish (which I’m thrilled about, sorry ceramic fans). It’s so stunningly matt it really is a beautiful thing to look at, not a single reflection it just seems to suck in the light. Wonderful against the fantastically machined and brushed stainless steel tooth edge. I absolutely love it.

Quite distracting whilst driving into work this morning, I couldn’t stop looking at it. I’m really happy with the size on my wrist. I could have maybe got away with the 42mm, but I think the 40mm is a sweet spot on my wrist.

Name:  Helson1.JPG
Views: 431
Size:  718.8 KB
    Name:  Helson2.JPG
Views: 428
Size:  1.02 MB
    Name:  Helson3.JPG
Views: 427
Size:  141.9 KB
    Name:  Helson4.JPG
Views: 430
Size:  1.15 MB

Congrats. Love mine SD40 blue with aluminum bezel insert ( basically same as yours but blue).

42 whould be too big.
    gdb1960 likes this.

Thanks - yeah the blue called to me as well. And the white if I'm honest... but I felt this one was the one to go for for my daily-wear.

I do like a blue face watch, I've recently tried the Pelagos blue, but it didn't work for me. One of my old favs was my Omega Speedmaster day, date with a blue face which was a stunner - No longer in the draw though, I've cut down to try and have more wrist time for my absolute favs. This Helson is absolutely up there, I cant see it coming off for a long while.
    Tickythebull and gdb1960 like this.

Name:  Helson sd bw.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  575.3 KB

Tickythebull and hikeNbike like this.

That puts the P in Patina

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
    gdb1960 likes this.

Name:  IMG_0258.JPG
Views: 352
Size:  662.5 KB
    " Two mighty torches of flame like the wings of a yellow bird of fire flew over a field, covered a field with a brilliant yellow bloomings of flame, and in the midst of it, white as a ghost, white as the white of Melville's Moby Dick, white as the shrine of the Madonna in half the churches of the world, this slim angelic mysterious ship of stages rose without sound out of its incarnantion of flame and began to ascend slowly into the sky, slow as Melville's Leviathan might swim, slowly as we might swim upward in a dream looking for the air............."

Norman Mailer describing the lift-off of Apollo 11.

Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread Information