Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Helson watches are made in China???

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Angry Helson watches are made in China???

For days and days.. I researched every dive watch... I finally decided on Helson... lots of people in the forum said it's a good and rugged watch. I just blew 600 bucks... on a Chinese watch. I feel like such an idiot.

danr

Re: Helson watches are made in China???

Uh, yeah... still a good watch though.

does it really matter where it's made... as long as u like it

I didn't get it yet. I ordered it this afternoon... now I find out.. it's a Chinese watch. I'm an idiot.

Ouch. That is not the kind of news you want to hear after you spend $600 on something. Oh well...enjoy it and wear the crap out of it

It is a solid, rugged chunk of steel, what other watches were you considering? Basically all of the 2000m divers out right now are from Chinese factories with either Miyota or ETA auto's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have heard, that some of the more respecatble (read probably swiss made) watches have there parts made in China.

So far nothing wrong (and is there?).

Guess, If you where a - say - car manufacturing, would it be not perfect, designing a car at your home, and getting it made in a country where everything is cheaper to build.

Heck, even the Iphone is made in china (says on the back), but we all now, it's an Amercian compagny who designed and developed it.. Does it make a worse phone then when made in america, no, only cheaper, haha

Bart

Hell they all are nowadays!! If not made in China, they have parts made in China. Still some fine watches, I've owned several boutique makers Chinese made watches and have not been disappointed with any one of them yet! Wait til you get it in your hands before you pass judgment! You might be pleasantly surprised!!
    Buy the seller! "Trust but Verify" quote- Ronald Reagan....

Don't fret. As said above, many companies, including most of the major Swiss manufacturers use Chinese made parts. In fact, a "Swiss Made" watch only requires that over 50% of its parts are made in Switzerland. Also many exported Seikos are also cased in China if that helps at all. It's just a fact of life in our modern economy. Though it would be nice if the U.S. would start making goods again, or at least try to compete on that level.

Bottom line, just enjoy the watch. Just because it's cased in China doesn't mean the quality is sub-par.

I find the whining quite amusing. Chinese, Austrian, Swiss, Canadian, Japanese, New Zealand, German, Italian or whatever... does it really matter where it is made? The Helson is a top shelf unit regardless of being chinese that is easily comparable to many watches costing much more. Guess more research shoulda been done first
    Last edited by supawabb; January 15th, 2011 at 08:10.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information