Like Tree1017Likes

Thread: Introducing Olivier Watches & the Olivier Bronze Diver!

Page 1 of 240 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Introducing Olivier Watches & the Olivier Bronze Diver!

Hey Everyone!

My name is Roland Oliver Tetenbaum and its with great pride that I present to you Olivier Watch Company, and our first offering in the Olivier Bronze Diver. A lot of you know me here on the forum from the bronze buckles I had made, but I wanted to take this chance to let everyone here know a little bit about me, and a little bit about my company and our first dive watch. Without the great support of the community here, and the guidance and help from the staff and mods, I could have never made it to this point.

It was actually the bronze buckle project that inspired me to start Olivier. I used a variation of my middle name for my company because I wanted something that was very much a part of who I was. The best part about the bronze buckles was interacting at the ground level with you guys, the entire WIS community. I loved getting feedback along the way, and when they started to ship, it was a blast to get emails from all of you guys showing me what strap combo you were using, how you had accelerated the patina process, or how you had modified them and changed them to be uniquely yours. I got a small dose of what it is like to have your own company making products that you designed, and there was no turning back now! I started to design my own interpretation of the ultimate bronze dive watch, and when it was ready to be unveiled, Olivier officially became my full time gig. How happy I am to present it to you now is really just beyond words:

I designed the Olivier Bronze Diver to be as feature packed as possible, and I wanted the price to be in the everyday achievable category. There are two movements available, the Japanese Miyota 8215 [$650] or the Swiss ETA 2824-2 [$850]. It comes with BOTH bezels you see there. One is bronze with black inlay which has engraved markers filled white, and the other is simply solid bronze. I didn't want to have to choose and thought neither should anyone else! Of course, it will also come with one of my bronze buckles! Here are the specs:

Specifications:
    Case: CuSn8 Marine Grade Bronze
    Case Diameter: Ø 45 mm – 48mm Lug-to-lug length
    Case-back: 316L stainless steel with engraved design and unique serial number
    Thickness: 15.5 mm
    Lug width: 24 mm
    Crown: 8mm x 4mm Signed stainless steel screw-down crown.
    Crystal: Sapphire – 4 mm thick – AR coated inside
    Water resistance: 500m / 50atm / 1650ft
    Automatic Helium Escape Valve @ 9 o’clock position
    Lume: Multi-layer Swiss SuperLuminova C3 application on dial, hands and bezel marker

120 Click uni-directional bezel
    Bezel 1: Solid bronze 120 click bezel with engraved markers and lumed 12 marker
    Bezel 2: Solid bronze 120 click bezel with black engraved inlay, white markers and lumed 12 marker
    [Both bezels are included and are user replaceable]

Strap: 24mm Rubber diving strap
    Movement: 25 Jewel Swiss ETA 2824-2 automatic – power reserve 40 hr. OR
    Movement: 21 Jewel Japanese Miyota 8215 automatic – power reserve 40 hr.

1yr Transferable international warranty

As you can see, this watch is ready for action. I wanted a watch that would be up for absolutely anything. I wanted this to be the watch you strapped on when you were stepping out the door enroute to some remote jungle locale to live among the natives while you learned their ways. Or the watch you picked for your 3 week diving expedition to explore the west indies. Or the watch you trust to keep you on time while diving at your desk. Dont let the specs fool you though, while it is 45mm in diameter, its 48mm lug to lug length makes it super comfortable on the wrist. This was especially important to me because I have 6.5 inch wrists. The bronze cushion case mixed with this great and unique set of dimensions makes the bronze diver wear wonderfully. It also features an 8mm screw-down crown, signed with our logo:

I wanted the dial to be very legible day or night, so its got a healthy multi layer c3 lume application, as do the hands and the bezel pip. I also utilized a 3 date window, I thought it'd be great to use some design features that we dont get to see all that often:

Heres a shot of the engraved case back design, along with all of the critical specs of the watch as well as the unique serial number:

Lastly, im happy to announce that the pre-order is now live, you can find all the info on our website here: Olivier Watches . Be sure to act fast if there is a serial number you especially want! Expected delivery is spring 2011!

Thanks again to everyone here on this board who has helped get me to this point, without you guys this wouldn't be possible. Happy holidays to you and yours from Olivier Watches!

EDIT:

Due to popular demand, I took some wrist shots to show it off "in the bronze" so to speak! Enjoy!

Last edited by strongergodzilla; December 25th, 2011 at 08:11. Reason: added wrist shots

Dive Watches Mod & MaL OnTimeGabe's Avatar

Re: Introducing Olivier Watches & the Olivier Bronze Diver!

Congrats, Roland! You've combined retro styling with a bronze case - two of the hottest things going right now in the microbrand biz. I'm sure you'll do well with this one.
    Regards,

Gabe

I cannot even start to imagine how complex, and expensive it would be to start your own watch company. Huge congrats! I hope you do very well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marathon TSAR
    Suunto Core Regular black
    Casio PAG-240B
    Zixen Trimix GMT PVD 44 mm
    Seiko SBBN011 - Darth Tuna

Roland......you have a winner. #13 is what I want. Going to the website now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom
    General George Patton Jr

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him
    James D Miles

All My Watches Are For Sale, For the Right Price.....

http://stores.ebay.com/theindiastores/

http://stores.ebay.com/theindiastore/

https://www.facebook.com/therealindiastore

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wristnwatch/

Wow! Congrats, Roland...excellent work

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    Lüm-Tec B3, Lüm-Tec M18, Lüm-Tec M62LE,Lüm-Tec SCB-2
    Steinhart GMT-
    Ocean 1 Black, Seiko SBQJ015 Perpetual Calendar GMT
    Prometheus S80, Olivier, Rolex GMT-Master II

Congratulations!

Really like the dial design the short lugs. Even at 45mm, this should still wear quite comfortably even on my 6.8" wrists! Thanks for making these...

Congratulations Roland. By now you should have my pre-order.
    Rick

Incoming: Heuer Autavia 'Siffert'

Quote Originally Posted by DuDro View Post
    Really like the dial design the short lugs. Even at 45mm, this should still wear quite comfortably even on my 6.8" wrists! Thanks for making these...
    Same thought I had. 46mm to 48mm range is my sweet spot. Unfortunately it's out of my budget range

Great job and Idea !I was looking for a marine grade bronze for a while but didnt want to go to a high priced Anonimo !
    So this came in a good time! You should have my pre-order as well by now for an ETA version!
    Mr Rick likes this.

Thread Information