Isofrane vs. Hirsch Extreme: Who wins? - Page 3
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Isofrane vs. Hirsch Extreme: Who wins?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Isofrane vs. Hirsch Extreme: Who wins?

I have both. There is no "better" strap. They are both great on the right watch. I have the Isofrane on a Kobold Arctic Diver and it looks awesome and is very comfortable. I have had a Hirsch extreme on a Stowa prodiver, a Korsbeck Explorer and a Sinn U1 and it has looked great on all of them. It is also a very comfortable strap. They are both made of natural rubber and are head and shoulders superior to the silicone straps found on most watches. Doxa and Sinn come to mind as examples of inferior straps, IMHO.

I choose ISOfrane just because the hirsch is so damn ugly.

Just voted with my wallet - Isofrane. I had an extreme on my Tag and it was just too "extreme". ALthough big, the Shark Diver has a very clean, classic look and I like the ones I've seen with Isofranes. I think the extreme is for something like an Autozilla.

I think horses for courses, so to speak. The Extreme is certainly not the strap for many watches, but with certain ones I think it goes beautifully. Then again, I've never tried an Isofrane with this one, but I think the shape of this case goes really well with the "fins"...

Quote Originally Posted by dece33 View Post
    They are both made of natural rubber and are head and shoulders superior to the silicone straps found on most watches. Doxa and Sinn come to mind as examples of inferior straps, IMHO.
    Are you sure the Isofrane is made of natural rubber? I don't think so... Reading the specs, it seems to be 100% synthetic.

Anyway, these straps are too different to be compared.

It would be better to compare the Isofrane with the Hirsch "Accent" or "Hevea", both with a more conservative design:

Have a wonderful time...

Nope...Isofrane is rubber...I'm smelling mine right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarith View Post
    Are you sure the Isofrane is made of natural rubber? I don't think so... Reading the specs, it seems to be 100% synthetic.

It would be better to compare the Isofrane with the Hirsch "Accent" or "Hevea", both with a more conservative design:

Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

SOG

Sorry to dig up seemingly old post, but I suppose this topic is still going somewhere, and I don't want to open new post...

been looking to get a Rubber strap... so I have been comparing them too...

But I think Isofrane is Rubber from petroleum, not the rubber from Caoutchouc?
    ISOwhat?
    The original ISOfrane straps were manufactured using a compound called isoprene. And just what is isoprene? Isoprene is a colorless, liquid hydrocarbon that is obtained in the processing of petroleum and/or coal tar and is used as a raw, chemical material.
    Isoprene was far more durable, and maintained its looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarith View Post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information