Isofrane vs. Hirsch Extreme: Who wins?
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Isofrane vs. Hirsch Extreme: Who wins?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Question Isofrane vs. Hirsch Extreme: Who wins?

What is the better strap and why? They are about equal in price with Isofrane being even more expensive.

They are both made of rubber not silicone. As far as I can tell none has metal reenforced holes for the spring bars/screws. Even the rubber strap on my cheap Citizen BN0000-04H has that. The Isofrane doesn't have the typical ripples for elasticity. The Hirsch doesn't have any holes in the upper part for water to flow through. The Isofrane has a screwed buckle, the Hirsch doesn't. But Hirsch comes in a more color choices, yet Iso has two band/buckle styles.

So is there one that is really better? If so for what reason or in what criterion is one better than the other? Is there one that will be more of a useful tool (why?) and one that is more of a fashion statement?

What do you think?

Thanks!

Till

Re: Isofrane vs. Hirsch Extreme: Who wins?

Kronos-TP likes this.
    Best,
    David

* ETERNA Heritage Super KonTiki 1973 * Squale 50 atms Matte *
    Borealis Cascais *

Gone, but not forgotten:

Anonimo Millimetri 10th Anniversary * Sinn U1 * Doxa 750t Searambler * Stowa Pro Diver * Stowa Seatime * Anonimo Millemetri * Anonimo Sailor Diver * Halios Bluering * JOA PAM 111H Homage * Bathys Benthic MOP * Glycine Combat 7 Chronograph * Fortis B-42 GMT * Bathys Benthic Ti * Bathys 100 Fathoms * Benarus Moray Dart (42mm)* IWI Marine Diver GMT * Benarus Moray * Magrette Regattare Bronze * Marc & Sons MSD-044
    * A ton of Seikos * And many more...

No brainer for me...IsoFrane by a mile!
    Kronos-TP likes this.
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Of the 150+ straps I own the ISOfrane is by far the best. Though I've never tried the Hirsch, it appears much too bulky for my tastes.
    Kronos-TP likes this.
    Current baker's dozen favorites:
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20;
    Bathys Black Aquaculture;Casio MDV-102-1AVCF; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm; Helson Sharkdiver #100;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS: Victorinox Garrison; + about 20 more
    Incoming: NADA
    Hidden Content
    I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau Hidden Content
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

Aquadive forum moderator W. C. Bartlett's Avatar

If you did a little research, you would realize how silly this question is. Isofrane has been on some of the best vintage dive watches know especially the ploprof, the Isofrane has a history and is iconic. Its reincarnation is turning out to be as reliable as the original.

My vote goes to Isofrane.
    Kronos-TP likes this.

Another vote for Isofrane. Mine arrived by fedex today. Looks great and seems lovely and soft. A delicious vanilla smell off it as well. Now just waiting for my Trimix to arrive
    Kronos-TP likes this.
    Watch list:

Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    , Tudor Black Bay Black Bezel, MKII LRRP UTC, Seiko Orange Boss SKA291P1, Casio G-Shock M5600

Isofrane for me

Cheers
    Shannon
    dsbe90 and Kronos-TP like this.

Really it has allot to do with style for me, Isofrane it is .

Im patiently waiting for a 22mm to be released, and then the blue version (not sure of the size). A blue 22 would be bad ass on my Bathys.
    Kronos-TP likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HalifaxNS View Post
    Really it has allot to do with style for me, Isofrane it is .

Im patiently waiting for a 22mm to be released, and then the blue version (not sure of the size). A blue 22 would be bad ass on my Bathys.
    I agree re the Bathys. I also can't wait for a 20mm for my Corvus and a 22mm for my 007 among others.
    sarasate and Kronos-TP like this.
    Current baker's dozen favorites:
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20;
    Bathys Black Aquaculture;Casio MDV-102-1AVCF; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm; Helson Sharkdiver #100;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS: Victorinox Garrison; + about 20 more
    Incoming: NADA
    Hidden Content
    I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau Hidden Content
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by W. C. Bartlett View Post
    If you did a little research, you would realize how silly this question is. Isofrane has been on some of the best vintage dive watches know especially the ploprof, the Isofrane has a history and is iconic. Its reincarnation is turning out to be as reliable as the original.

My vote goes to Isofrane.
    I did and I know that it is a historic model. My concern is with engineering, and functionality, NOT with style and history. For that I like the Iso better, too.

What would make one better than the other in engineering and functionality?

The Iso on Shannon's Tuna makes me want to buy that exact combo just because it's so frickin' gorgeous. Too bad the watch costs 25 times what the strap costs. ;)

Till
    Kronos-TP likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information