Issues with.new Squale

Thread: Issues with.new Squale

Thumbs Up Issues with.new Squale

I recently purchased a new 30 atmos from Gnomonwatches. I noticed that the crown does not seem to be attached to the stem completely straight and there is some slight looseness to the crown when the crown is pulled out. It's functions fine but I'm concerned that there may be an issue. Anyone else have a similar issue with a Squale.

Re: Issues with.new Squale

I've just checked my Squales and the crowns are all square but they do wobble a little bit when unscrewed. I'm not bothered about the slight wobble as I've got watches that cost a heck of a lot more yet the crowns wobble a lot worse.

I'm mostly worried about the looseness of the crown but it sounds like it might be common.

I'm trying to decide if I should send this back to Gnomon to have them evaluate the crown of if I'm just being to picky and should just live with it.

Well I'd say the one Squale I have the crown and steam are perfectly straight and tight. But as Sticky indicated there are plenty of watches where that's not the case but the watch functions fine. To me is a question of how badly it wobbles and does it screw down and close properly? Also of course there is the matter of personal preference as it is your watch and your purchase and if you're not happy with it you have every right to return it. For what its worth, my Squale is straight, I have Hamiltons that are both straight. My Oris (the watch with the highest MSRP in my collection) has a little wobble. Not bad but its there so....

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Overlord View Post
    Well I'd say the one Squale I have the crown and steam are perfectly straight and tight. But as Sticky indicated there are plenty of watches where that's not the case but the watch functions fine. To me is a question of how badly it wobbles and does it screw down and close properly? Also of course there is the matter of personal preference as it is your watch and your purchase and if you're not happy with it you have every right to return it. For what its worth, my Squale is straight, I have Hamiltons that are both straight. My Oris (the watch with the highest MSRP in my collection) has a little wobble. Not bad but its there so....
    It functions fine. Maybe I'm being too picky.

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by mauserfan View Post
    I'm trying to decide if I should send this back to Gnomon to have them evaluate the crown of if I'm just being to picky and should just live with it.
    If it's still bothering you enough to post about it again after five days I'd say you have your answer... At the very least I'd fire off an email and see what Anders has to say.
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

I did contact Gnomon and they said to send it back if I wanted to. Not sure it's worth the shipping charges to Singapore for a small issue.

I'd send it back or else it will continue to bother you. Even if the second one has the same "issue" then at least you'll know it's normal for that model.

Definitely send it back. My 1521 was perfect in every way with no issues regarding the crown or otherwise. It will, likely, always bother you and you will not be completely happy with your purchase. These watches are not inexpensive and for the money spent it should be perfect, at least in your eyes. Eat the freight and get a replacement.

Thread Information