WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magrette REGATTARE Bronze just released

136K views 844 replies 150 participants last post by  Nalu 
#1 ·
Magrette Timepieces

For a pre-order price of $415 shipped, it aint bad.

Since I'm itching for another bronze, and the solid bezel Helson Sharkmasters are all sold out, guess I'll give this a shot

See less See more
#7 ·
I wish they upgraded the movement to the 9015. I had the original SS version and the second hand stutter was terrible. I wanted to like it so bad but that second hand drove me nuts.

Super duper price for a bronze watch though!

Edit: just noticed they took off the second hand, doh, even worse than the second hand stutter!

#145 ·
I wish they upgraded the movement to the 9015. I had the original SS version and the second hand stutter was terrible. I wanted to like it so bad but that second hand drove me nuts.

Super duper price for a bronze watch though!

Edit: just noticed they took off the second hand, doh, even worse than the second hand stutter!
That's the reason I sold mine immediately after I got my SS version. Can't stand the second hand. If they put in a 9015 I'll get one for sure.

#11 ·
Not sure, but Anonimo Bronze models also have a stainless crown. If it's an off the shelf item then it's perhaps a cost saving exercise, or even an issue with the alloy and stainless stem not being compatible? Either way I don't see it as detracting from the overall look in any way imo.

#14 ·
The design looks great with the CuSn8 Bronze case and that Chocolate Brown dial! Love the look.

...the only obvious negatives for me are the wimpy looking crown and 5Atm (really?) water resistance.

With a piece such as this, you would hope they would spend a bit extra on getting the crown and water resistance to a palatable level. ...I guess with the 'REGATTARE' reference, Magrette IS emphasizing the Yachting/Sailing aspect of the piece and you aren't really supposed to go to deep depths with this one.

Great look though, and the cheapest Bronze cased watch I have seen so far by a large margin.

#15 ·
This is from the Magrette website:

I've always been a solid fan of the classic vintage yachts and thought it fitting my next timepiece design embrace the use of bronze as a homage to these beautiful vessels.

With this vision in mind we have designed a solid bronze brushed case that has been purposely created to patina quickly. This patina affect is intended to add depth of character to the case as well as giving it a truly vintage look when the antique aging takes affect. The bronze for the case of the Regattare Bronze is CuSn8, an alloy of copper and pure tin very resistant to corrosive action by sea water and atmospheric agents.

Keeping with Magrette's vision plus incorporating the vintage objective, we have added a chocolate brown dial but retained our modern Regattare numerals. By doing so, we have preserved our minimal trademark look and feel.

Another feature we felt we had to incorporate to encapsulate the old world feel is the use of New Zealand native Kauri (agathis australis). This has been designed to be viewed under the transparent glass back. Ancient Kauri found in New Zealand is the oldest workable wood in the world. The trees have been buried and preserved underground in swamps for more than 45,000 years. Giant Kauri trees were considered by Maori to be the kings of New Zealand forests. The Kauri is one of the largest and oldest growing trees in the world. Living Kauri trees are now protected.

#16 ·
Now with all these lovely bronze beauties in the market, will someone start making some nice looking bronze buckles besides the Simona ones.

This post has been deleted
#19 ·
Movement, okey for me (since it's a robust one) and no second hand is fine. The lack of date is a plus for me aswell but 5atm, is it a joke? I thought it was suppose to be a dive watch, a 100m minimum so it would handle some water would be what to expected. Expect for that I think it looks fantastic for the price!

#24 ·
He he...we're hardly third world down here in New Zealand. Buy with confidence squeeze, Dion is a top man and I think most Magrette owners will agree on that. He even let me "borrow" a Moana Pacific Diver before purchasing, though that's the advantage of living in Auckland! :-!

#39 ·
Just Preordered one. They are only making 1,000 of these in bronze it says. 5atm doesnt bother me because I do not dive, if I were to dive I would use a different watch. But I like the design and caseback is unique to me with some history to the wood they use. But I agree on the "Bronze" wording and small crown.

#40 ·
Tempted to order one of these... very cheap way to get into another Bronze, and would be interesting to try CuSn8. I would prefer it in the same design as the Regattare 2011 though it would then no doubt be more expensive.

#41 ·
Confirmed with Dion that the dial is not superlumed, hands will be superlumed. No center seconds and the seconds post will be capped. Just spreading the information. Doesn't change the fact I still want one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.