WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Membership Recruitment:No Date Divers Club:::

434K views 4K replies 746 participants last post by  Paxman 
#1 · (Edited)
Some of us have gotten to the point where we don't want to be reminded of our advancing years.We have even taken to wearing watches that do not have a day or date function.As founding member these are my no date divers.Please show your support by posting your No Date Divers & let us know if your of the age to be an alum or just a supporter.

See less See more
#139 · (Edited)
^Yeah, either that or a Benarus Moray Vintage (which I think you also have on the table). I think I like the Steinhart better as it comes with bracelet, domed sapphire (at this price!), has 22mm lugs and might fit my 7" wrists better. I have a grey Timefactors Nato coming in too.
I would appreciate a head-on side-by-side shot.

#145 · (Edited)
Just went through the whole thread and saw two watches I didn't know.
Many beautiful pieces here.
VERY regretfully all my watches have a date window, which, frankly, I don't understand, because I've never liked having to adjust the date every two months. Even when I was "younger" (for it seems that age plays some kind of role in this subject) it was a nuisance, to the point that I just stopped doing it and never use the date feature on my watches. My job requires that I know the date every day, so I don't really have to look at it on my watch. I guess I've been lucky and my watches have been accurate enough so that I don't have to unscrew the crown often.
My first no-date watch will be either a Vostok Amphibia or Black Bay look-alike. I've been gathering the parts and (hopefully sooner than later) I'll start working on them. Just don't know which will be my first born.

#146 ·
No Date watches are the only way to go!

Attachments

#155 · (Edited)
Couple photos of my most recent no date diver. I think the little guy likes it too.

Beside its brother with date

#156 ·

As a Premier Member of the "He-Man Date Window Hater's Club" (there's an obscure reference to a Little Rascal's episode here somewhere), let me keep the flame of this thread alive by sharing my most recent incoming - a scarce 2009-ish Steinhart Ocean 1 ND - acrylic crystal, 42mm, ETA 2824-2 movement, and the coup de grace - a tip of the hat to those rare Rolex Comex Submariner Dive watches from the '70's.This is gonna be my #1 beater/work watch (after I get the lugs drilled through); cheap thrills at US$380.00 delivered:

Attachments

#159 ·
Sold off practically my whole collection, for this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk