Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch - Page 10
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

This weekend I got my aftermarket SeaMaster bracelet, ordered from

WATCH BAND BRACELET FITS OMEGA JAMES BOND 007-20MM SEAMASTER | eBay

(hope the .de link works)

I found, that the endlinks where too short for a nice fit on the Estoril. Then I noticed, that with the original Borealis springbars the gap disappears. The delivered spring bars which came with the bracelet where too thin, only loosely filling the drilling in the endlink.

One of the Borealis spring bars did not really catch the drilling of the lug because now there was no play at all. But after 10 min easily grinding the endlink, the spring bar finally snaps in.

Name:  EstorilLumeJB2.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  490.7 KB

Name:  EstorilOut1.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  680.7 KB

Name:  EstorilOut2.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  612.8 KB

Name:  EstorilOut3.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  1.29 MB

The number 825 of the end link should be a hint for Seamaster compatibility I guess.

This is the Omega Seamaster Professional bracelet. I'm wearing for a little while to see how I feel about the gap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my blue Borealis Estoril, large triangle with date, on a polished mesh bracelet. As a change of pace, I put it on an inexpensive, solid, straight end link bracelet. Here are a few photos. to show you how it looks.This combination IMO has less bling, and more heft, both visually and physically than the mesh. This straight link bracelet also looks fine to me on the Estoril's short lugs, although I tip my hat to those of you that are working mightily to fit curved end link bracelets to the Estoril. I guess we should have worked harder during the design phase, to get Maria to include a bracelet option!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ed P. View Post
    I had my blue Borealis Estoril, large triangle with date, on a polished mesh bracelet. As a change of pace, I put it on an inexpensive, solid, straight end link bracelet. Here are a few photos. to show you how it looks.This combination IMO has less bling, and more heft, both visually and physically than the mesh. This straight link bracelet also looks fine to me on the Estoril's short lugs, although I tip my hat to those of you that are working mightily to fit curved end link bracelets to the Estoril. I guess we should have worked harder during the design phase, to get Maria to include a bracelet option!
    Great pics!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jguitron View Post
    Great pics!!

Thanks!

A small red dot in Asia on the Earth's equator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed P. View Post
    Great pics.

As for the bracelet during the design phase, all of us should have just said that we are willing to pay more.

Problem solved. But this fantastic thread would have become non existence. :)
    Last edited by SimpleWatchMan; August 3rd, 2016 at 00:29.
    Jguitron and poisonwazthecure like this.
    Timex | Carnival | Casio | Pulsar | Invicta | Rodina | Deep Blue | Tiger Concept | Gruppo Gamma | Tisell | Deaumar | Scurfa | Armida | Ticino | Nezumi | Obris Morgan | Aramar | Seiko | Borealis | Vratislavia Conceptum | Manchester Watch Works | Orient | Aevig | Steinhart | Citizen | Nth | Squale | Archimede | Ginault | Ball | Damasko | Rolex

Quote Originally Posted by Narc'd View Post
    I actually don't know it's lifetime - I'd say in some applications as long as any rubber could be expected. Here on the bracelet I'd imagine that it will last pretty much as long as needed. It's not really under any stress, there's no shear forces or abrasion on it as it's just sitting there, sightly compressed between the watch case and the end link.

Looking back in hindsight, you could probably apply it and let it set while the bracelet is off the watch. Then trim it with a blade afterwards until it's thin enough for the right fit. There's a bit of squish to it too so yo could probably get away with it not being perfect - it's just a buffer to push the lower surface out away from the watch case a bit so it closes the gap at the top. You could try bathroom silicone sealant as well to experiment with but I'd say that would peel off fairly quickly and not bond as well as the Sugru.

During searching my favourite bracelet for the Estoril, I made some experiments with the same Speedy-style sample. But my first check showed gaps like these in Jguitron's pictures. I solved it with a similar approach as Narc'd. But instead of that Sugru stuff I covered the endlink connecting surface with a 1mm thick paint of superglue. Of course I glued it not onto the watch, but waited till next day and sanded the acrylic like result into shape. Now it fits great and I will check if superglue is resistant over time. I used water resistant superglue, so at least water should not be a problem.
    Jguitron and Watchcollector21 like this.

^^. Very interesting!

What size wrist do you have? To reduce the gap you have to "open up" the end links and could stick up if small wrist?

Gentleman, if you can procure a binnacle bracelet I highly recommend it. Fits perfectly with zero gap issues and has the advantage of micro adjustment which the lack thereof always bugged me about the OEM omega bracelets.
    Attached Images Attached Images

damo_t, Toh, the_watchier and 3 others like this.

^^^ a truly perfect fit!!!

Watchcollector21 likes this.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information