Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch - Page 11
Like Tree416Likes

Thread: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Quote Originally Posted by Jguitron View Post
    ^^. Very interesting!

What size wrist do you have? To reduce the gap you have to "open up" the end links and could stick up if small wrist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I mean is the formerly loose endlinks are now compatible as it should be ….

Name:  Speedy1.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  111.0 KB

… after I coated the formerly too short endlinks with superglue, hardened it over night and grind them in shape.

Name:  Speedy2.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  63.9 KB

so this is a little bit what Narc'd did with the sugru approach.
    Narc'd, Toh, the_watchier and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman79 View Post
    Gentleman, if you can procure a binnacle bracelet I highly recommend it. Fits perfectly with zero gap issues and has the advantage of micro adjustment which the lack thereof always bugged me about the OEM omega bracelets.
    That end link looks extremely similar to the Scurfa's. I didn't see anything in this thread about it, but the big Estoril thread shows a picture and states it's a perfect fit as well.

Toh

Hi guys, just received this omega clone bracelet that fits without any work required... Not perfect as the endlinks are a little bit loose although not too obvious...

In case anyone is interested, I got it from Ali ex...

https://m..........s.com/item/326396...aff_platform=y

P.s. seems like I'm not allowed to post link to aliexpxxxx...

Sent from my H1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Toh; August 11th, 2016 at 17:36.

I clicked on this thread "on a whim"; I've got two Helson Skindivers (with a third "in the works"; am I sick or WHAT?!), and as most of us know, that design is not too "friendly" to most curved end bracelets. Nar'd's idea about the Sugru (which I had never heard of, but will be OWNING soon!) got me to check out their site - they have a "New Colours 8-Pack" which includes a "Silver Grey" color - this might be PERFECT for filling in any excess "gapage"!
    Jguitron, Toh and Watchcollector21 like this.

Thank you to Trianglebricks who helped me locate this Jubilee Bracelet on the Bay for my Borealis Estoril. No fitting was necessary just put it on and you are done. Link to the Bay for the bracelet www.ebay.com/itm/391544976856

Name:  Borealis Estoril 300 Jubilee.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  292.6 KB

Narc'd, Jguitron, Toh and 3 others like this.

I've been contacted by Lexvil to share a cautionary tale about using the Estoril as a dive watch. In particular, he used it as a dive watch extensively since receiving it, and he noticed that the sapphire bezel started losing paint on the inside edge around the markers. This is an image he shared of the issue.

Initially, when he contacted Maria about this, she said it wasn't a warranty issue as using the watch in salt water or a pool may result in the ink dissolving. However, more recently, Maria contacted Lexvil again and gave him an opportunity to send it to a repair shop in Sacramento to see what can be done about it. In any case, I will keep you all informed about the status of the repair.

Hidden Content

Patek Philippe Hidden Content ; Vacheron Constantin Hidden Content ; Jaeger-LeCoultre Hidden Content ; Rolex Hidden Content ; Omega Hidden Content ; Baume & Mercier Hidden Content ; Montblanc Hidden Content ; Tudor Hidden Content .

Bulova Accutron II Alpha; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull 818.900 Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuakera View Post
    I'm currently wearing mine on a Geckota Super-Engineer. Works well with it I think, makes it very toolish looking.
    Let's see some pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    I've been contacted by Lexvil to share a cautionary tale about using the Estoril as a dive watch. In particular, he used it as a dive watch extensively since receiving it, and he noticed that the sapphire bezel started losing paint on the inside edge around the markers. This is an image he shared of the issue.

Initially, when he contacted Maria about this, she said it wasn't a warranty issue as using the watch in salt water or a pool may result in the ink dissolving. However, more recently, Maria contacted Lexvil again and gave him an opportunity to send it to a repair shop in Sacramento to see what can be done about it. In any case, I will keep you all informed about the status of the repair.
    In case you stumble across this, the story has been carried forward (a little bit) on the "original" Estoril thread here (http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/borealis-estoril-300-a-2341002-180.html). The upshot seems to be (at this point) that there has been no resolution yet. According to the secondhand account (that is, the owner himself hasn't chimed in), Maria initially said that the damage wouldn't be covered, then referred the customer to a local repair facility. It was reported that the customer was asking (on another forum) for the bezel to be replaced by a ceramic one (which is impractical and unlikely). It was also discussed that the question of sapphire vs ceramic came up during the early discussions with forum members, with most reportedly preferring sapphire for its resemblance to acrylic, even though some inks don't adhere terribly well to it. It was also reported that the owner of the above watch is a serious diver who has done dozens of salt-water dives, fresh water dives, and chlorinated pool swims wearing the watch, with after-dive maintenance unconfirmed. Not passing judgment on any of this, just trying to bring the casual reader up to speed. Forgive me if I've gotten any of the details wrong... Does seem like a bit of a tempest in a teapot at this point though.
    Last edited by Belloc; September 15th, 2016 at 18:07.
    Jguitron and SimpleWatchMan like this.
    ----------------------
    Glen: It's a crazy world...
    H.I.: Somebody ought to sell tickets...
    Glen: I'd buy one...

A point regarding bracelets, mesh in particular it seems - Before you order, look closely at the clasps in the pictures. These things are for sale by a thousand sellers, but even bracelets from the same seller, even bracelets at a similar cost, can vary wildly in quality. I submit two examples for your examination: Both of these are for sale by the same seller (goodcheapman) and are within a couple of dollars of each other. But viewed carefully, the clasp of the first is barely thicker than paper, while the clasp of the second is much more solid. (Don't ask me how I came to notice this...) Buyer beware!

Thin, cheap clasp:20mm Stainless Steel Mesh Bracelet Ø1 2mm Wire Brushed Wristband Watch Bracelet | eBay
    Thick, good clasp:20mm Stainless Steel Shark Mesh Bracelet Diving Watch Replacement Band Parts | eBay
    Jguitron and SimpleWatchMan like this.
    ----------------------
    Glen: It's a crazy world...
    H.I.: Somebody ought to sell tickets...
    Glen: I'd buy one...

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    A point regarding bracelets, mesh in particular it seems - Before you order, look closely at the clasps in the pictures. These things are for sale by a thousand sellers, but even bracelets from the same seller, even bracelets at a similar cost, can vary wildly in quality. I submit two examples for your examination: Both of these are for sale by the same seller (goodcheapman) and are within a couple of dollars of each other. But viewed carefully, the clasp of the first is barely thicker than paper, while the clasp of the second is much more solid. (Don't ask me how I came to notice this...) Buyer beware!

Thin, cheap clasp:20mm Stainless Steel Mesh Bracelet Ø1 2mm Wire Brushed Wristband Watch Bracelet | eBay
    Thick, good clasp:20mm Stainless Steel Shark Mesh Bracelet Diving Watch Replacement Band Parts | eBay
    Yes I think you get what you pay for on the cheaper metal bracelets on the Bay. The Jubilee bracelet I bought (see above pic on this page) the clasp is very thin but I didnt expect much for $20 bracelet. I have a leather strap coming next week from CheapNatoStraps and will post pics soon.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast