Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch - Page 16
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Hurry ! There's a SARG009 bracelet that just came up FS for $65 still factory wrapped, here on watchuseek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tanjecterly likes this.
    Instagram: @watches503

Quote Originally Posted by Ffej4 View Post
    Hey all,

So I went with the Hadley Roma MB4226 20mm President-Style bracelet. It serves as an indirect homage to the Omega 1171 bracelet – the one famously paired with the "WatchCo" 165.024 Seamaster 300s and the older Speedmasters.

The bracelet has a 20-16mm taper, has polished center links, and comes with straight and curved end links. The bracelet links are constructed from solid stainless steel, and the clasp is known as a "hidden" clasp, similar to that on Rolex President bracelets. The straight ends don't look bad at all on the watch, and fit out of the box. The curved ends will take some adjusting.

Overall, the bracelet works and looks great. It's light and doesn't add a ton of heft to the watch, and the end links fit the case quite well when the tabs on the underside of the links are adjusted to the correct height.

I recommend purchasing this bracelet through Global Watchband here: https://www.globalwatchband.com/stai...m-mb4226w.html.

I also recommend brushing the center links with a heavy duty Scotch-Brite pad (~$2).

After all is said and done, here's what it looks like:

Please feel free to ask me for questions if you'd like additional clarification on the bracelet or obtaining the correct fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Has anyone else pursued this bracelet option on the Estoril? Wanted to understand how well it fits. Have pm'd ffej4, but no response yet. I've got the bernhardt bracelet and I don't think that the style suits the watch......

......as well the bernhardt SEL fit isn't brilliant, it's OK, but I'm looking for something better. I think that it might be the spring bars aren't a brilliant fit.
    Hidden Content

WPAC Member #01 - CEO
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

I just picked up a "Speedmaster" bracelet with solid end links that fits like a glove. No modifications needed. I purchased a bracelet from eBay seller wholesaleoutlet990. This is ebay account for ewatchparts.com. It is not really a Speedmaster bracelet; it has a dive extension. It is really an aftermarket copy of the bracelet on the Omega Seamaster 2254.50. Comparing it to my Seamaster the finishing is not quite as good but the build quality is very impressive for only $48. Here is the link.

20MM WATCH BAND SOLID LINK FOR OMEGA BRACELET SPEEDMASTER STAINLESS STEEL PART | eBay

The only major drawback is that this bracelet uses compression pins in lieu of pin and tubes or screws. I would wish the links did not have the polished lines but that is easily taken care of with a scotch-rite pad.

Name:  IMG_20170320_131126681.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  1.43 MBName:  IMG_20170320_131131336.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  1.62 MBName:  IMG_20170320_131144018.jpg
Size:  1.28 MB
    damo_t, Narc'd, Jguitron and 1 others like this.

I can also confirm that there aftermarket 5-link Seamaster bracelet also fits very well. I just do not like the look on Estoril.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Steiner View Post
    I just picked up a "Speedmaster" bracelet with solid end links that fits like a glove. No modifications needed. I purchased a bracelet from eBay seller wholesaleoutlet990. This is ebay account for ewatchparts.com. It is not really a Speedmaster bracelet; it has a dive extension. It is really an aftermarket copy of the bracelet on the Omega Seamaster 2254.50. Comparing it to my Seamaster the finishing is not quite as good but the build quality is very impressive for only $48. Here is the link.

20MM WATCH BAND SOLID LINK FOR OMEGA BRACELET SPEEDMASTER STAINLESS STEEL PART | eBay

The only major drawback is that this bracelet uses compression pins in lieu of pin and tubes or screws. I would wish the links did not have the polished lines but that is easily taken care of with a scotch-rite pad.

Name:  IMG_20170320_131126681.jpg
Size:  1.43 MBName:  IMG_20170320_131131336.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  1.62 MBName:  IMG_20170320_131144018.jpg
Size:  1.28 MB

Terry,

Is there a gap between the endlink and the case? I can't really tell in the picture but the left side seems tight while the right side may have a gap? Could be an optical illusion? How snug do the endlinks fit, any play or movement?

There is a super small Gap on one side. The endlink rotates on the spring bar slightly. A dot of super glue on the bottom of the link will probably take care out it. The other side fit perfect.

I have 5 link Seamaster bracelet from the same vendor and it fits perfect. Although I do not like the look on the Estoril. The construction tolerances are just not as tight as the original Omega bracelet they are based on. I will call the fit almost perfect.
    the_watchier likes this.

Here it is on an aftermarket oyster bracelet 20 mm to 18 mm.

the_watchier and DiversWatch like this.

Blue Estoril on a Bond bracelet looks really blue with the help of reflections.

Name:  WristBond.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  929.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DiversWatch View Post
    Blue Estoril on a Bond bracelet looks really blue with the help of reflections.

Name:  WristBond.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  929.3 KB
    Does this bracelet fit without modification?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Jguitron likes this.

I had to slightly grind one endlink. So I expected that this problem was caused by production variations. But I was informed by another person, that his bracelet failed at both endlinks. Therefore I would say this bracelet is only for Estoril owners who are prepared with the proper tools.

As can be seen below, in my case the modification of the left endlink was minimal compared to the right side, which is not modified at all. But that may vary, as the bracelet is only a copy not an original.

Name:  EstorilOut4.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  254.7 KB
    Last edited by DiversWatch; 4 Weeks Ago at 21:38.
    Narc'd and the_watchier like this.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information