Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch - Page 17
Like Tree419Likes

Thread: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Just got a used Borealis Estoril in the mail and love it, although dislike the Nato (I knew that before buying). I ordered a Colareb distressed brown leather strap but also want to get bracelet, but don't want to deal with the hassle of grinding a bracelet down (and don't own a Dremel currently). Can anyone give me a definitive list, or point me in the direction, of all bracelets that fit very well out of the box? From reading this thread, it sounds like only the Hadley Roma on the first page (which I kind of like, despite the folding end links), the Bernhardt (which I don't love), and some of the mesh options. Anything else? I started skimming the main thread, but it is over 200 pages!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofChronos View Post
    Just got a used Borealis Estoril in the mail and love it, although dislike the Nato (I knew that before buying). I ordered a Colareb distressed brown leather strap but also want to get bracelet, but don't want to deal with the hassle of grinding a bracelet down (and don't own a Dremel currently). Can anyone give me a definitive list, or point me in the direction, of all bracelets that fit very well out of the box? From reading this thread, it sounds like only the Hadley Roma on the first page (which I kind of like, despite the folding end links), the Bernhardt (which I don't love), and some of the mesh options. Anything else? I started skimming the main thread, but it is over 200 pages!

Thanks!
    Congrats!!!

There were 2 maybe 3 great fits that didn't require mod. I will try to point them out later today but in the meanwhile scroll backwards on this thread and you may find them relatively quickly. Omega and Bernhardt jump to mind and I believe there was a 3rd.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jguitron View Post
    Congrats!!!

There were 2 maybe 3 great fits that didn't require mod. I will try to point them out later today but in the meanwhile scroll backwards on this thread and you may find them relatively quickly. Omega and Bernhardt jump to mind and I believe there was a 3rd.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sarg009 is another known option. They are pricey however. Seiko csusa quoted me 120 usd
    Last edited by captaincaveman79; 1 Week Ago at 00:21.
    Jguitron likes this.

This is a good fit without modification. Negligble gap between endlink and lugs.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/161404511577

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Jguitron likes this.

Thanks. I think I'll go for the Hadley-Roma, as I like the slightly retro look that suits the Estoril. I might also pick up one of those Speedmaster bracelets, as an alternate for my Omega Seamasters.

Another question. I got the Hadley-Roma and was a bit disappointed - it looks and feels a bit cheap, and not quite what I wanted. I've also tried two different colors of Colareb straps and neither really work for it (maybe it is just the leather-on-diver thing). Anyhow, I'm left with this lovely Borealis Estoril watch head, and not a good way to wear it.

So I'm considering a mesh bracelet, but I'd rather not spend $100 on a Strapcode. Any mesh bracelets for under $50 that are pretty good quality? Specifically, I really want one with flat-sided links. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofChronos View Post
    Another question. I got the Hadley-Roma and was a bit disappointed - it looks and feels a bit cheap, and not quite what I wanted. I've also tried two different colors of Colareb straps and neither really work for it (maybe it is just the leather-on-diver thing). Anyhow, I'm left with this lovely Borealis Estoril watch head, and not a good way to wear it.

So I'm considering a mesh bracelet, but I'd rather not spend $100 on a Strapcode. Any mesh bracelets for under $50 that are pretty good quality? Specifically, I really want one with flat-sided links. Any recommendations?
    try the merchant goodcheapman on eBay. He sells quality mesh at an affordable price.

I got a cheap one off Amazon for around €12.00 and an expensive one from Watchgecko for about €65. The mesh is the same as far as I can tell and I'll certainly never buy expensive mesh again. The Amazon one had links that were rounded on one side and flat on the other so both looks available by flipping the mesh over.

Name:  Flat V Curved_rsz.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  91.4 KB

The clasp that came with that mesh had a standard, cheap dive style clasp. I tried the Watchgecko strap and ordered with a butterfly clasp - I can leave one side of the clasp open to make an wetsuit extension.

Name:  P8050003_rsz.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  85.8 KB

I found that because the spring bar sits reasonably close to the watch case itself on the Estoril that the middle 4 rings of the mesh rubbed against the casing - I ground them away a bit with a Dremel to give some clearance.

Name:  Wrist 3_rsz.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  60.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1630_rsz.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  75.9 KB
    the_watchier likes this.

Thanks. I ordered a J Vander mesh bracelet from Amazon - $20 + 6 shipping, so not too risky.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread Information