Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch - Page 17
Like Tree419Likes

Thread: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Results 161 to 169 of 169
  1. #161
    Member DiscipleofChronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    337

    Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

    Just got a used Borealis Estoril in the mail and love it, although dislike the Nato (I knew that before buying). I ordered a Colareb distressed brown leather strap but also want to get bracelet, but don't want to deal with the hassle of grinding a bracelet down (and don't own a Dremel currently). Can anyone give me a definitive list, or point me in the direction, of all bracelets that fit very well out of the box? From reading this thread, it sounds like only the Hadley Roma on the first page (which I kind of like, despite the folding end links), the Bernhardt (which I don't love), and some of the mesh options. Anything else? I started skimming the main thread, but it is over 200 pages!

    Thanks!

  2. #162
    Member Jguitron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofChronos View Post
    Just got a used Borealis Estoril in the mail and love it, although dislike the Nato (I knew that before buying). I ordered a Colareb distressed brown leather strap but also want to get bracelet, but don't want to deal with the hassle of grinding a bracelet down (and don't own a Dremel currently). Can anyone give me a definitive list, or point me in the direction, of all bracelets that fit very well out of the box? From reading this thread, it sounds like only the Hadley Roma on the first page (which I kind of like, despite the folding end links), the Bernhardt (which I don't love), and some of the mesh options. Anything else? I started skimming the main thread, but it is over 200 pages!

    Thanks!
    Congrats!!!


    There were 2 maybe 3 great fits that didn't require mod. I will try to point them out later today but in the meanwhile scroll backwards on this thread and you may find them relatively quickly. Omega and Bernhardt jump to mind and I believe there was a 3rd.

    Cheers!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #163
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    360

    Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Jguitron View Post
    Congrats!!!


    There were 2 maybe 3 great fits that didn't require mod. I will try to point them out later today but in the meanwhile scroll backwards on this thread and you may find them relatively quickly. Omega and Bernhardt jump to mind and I believe there was a 3rd.

    Cheers!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sarg009 is another known option. They are pricey however. Seiko csusa quoted me 120 usd
    Last edited by captaincaveman79; 1 Week Ago at 00:21.
    Jguitron likes this.

  4. #164
    Member damo_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    352

    Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

    This is a good fit without modification. Negligble gap between endlink and lugs.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/161404511577




    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Jguitron likes this.

  5. #165
    Member DiscipleofChronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    337

    Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

    Thanks. I think I'll go for the Hadley-Roma, as I like the slightly retro look that suits the Estoril. I might also pick up one of those Speedmaster bracelets, as an alternate for my Omega Seamasters.

  6. #166
    Member DiscipleofChronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    337

    Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

    Another question. I got the Hadley-Roma and was a bit disappointed - it looks and feels a bit cheap, and not quite what I wanted. I've also tried two different colors of Colareb straps and neither really work for it (maybe it is just the leather-on-diver thing). Anyhow, I'm left with this lovely Borealis Estoril watch head, and not a good way to wear it.

    So I'm considering a mesh bracelet, but I'd rather not spend $100 on a Strapcode. Any mesh bracelets for under $50 that are pretty good quality? Specifically, I really want one with flat-sided links. Any recommendations?

  7. #167
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    360

    Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofChronos View Post
    Another question. I got the Hadley-Roma and was a bit disappointed - it looks and feels a bit cheap, and not quite what I wanted. I've also tried two different colors of Colareb straps and neither really work for it (maybe it is just the leather-on-diver thing). Anyhow, I'm left with this lovely Borealis Estoril watch head, and not a good way to wear it.

    So I'm considering a mesh bracelet, but I'd rather not spend $100 on a Strapcode. Any mesh bracelets for under $50 that are pretty good quality? Specifically, I really want one with flat-sided links. Any recommendations?
    try the merchant goodcheapman on eBay. He sells quality mesh at an affordable price.

  8. #168
    Member Narc'd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    532

    Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

    So I'm considering a mesh bracelet, but I'd rather not spend $100 on a Strapcode. Any mesh bracelets for under $50 that are pretty good quality? Specifically, I really want one with flat-sided links. Any recommendations?
    I got a cheap one off Amazon for around €12.00 and an expensive one from Watchgecko for about €65. The mesh is the same as far as I can tell and I'll certainly never buy expensive mesh again. The Amazon one had links that were rounded on one side and flat on the other so both looks available by flipping the mesh over.

    Name:  Flat V Curved_rsz.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  91.4 KB

    The clasp that came with that mesh had a standard, cheap dive style clasp. I tried the Watchgecko strap and ordered with a butterfly clasp - I can leave one side of the clasp open to make an wetsuit extension.

    Name:  P8050003_rsz.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  85.8 KB

    I found that because the spring bar sits reasonably close to the watch case itself on the Estoril that the middle 4 rings of the mesh rubbed against the casing - I ground them away a bit with a Dremel to give some clearance.

    Name:  Wrist 3_rsz.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  60.7 KB

    Name:  IMG_1630_rsz.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  75.9 KB
    the_watchier likes this.

  9. #169
    Member DiscipleofChronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    337

    Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

    Thanks. I ordered a J Vander mesh bracelet from Amazon - $20 + 6 shipping, so not too risky.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. BOREALIS ESTORIL 300
      By phlabrooy in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 2202
      Last Post: 10 Hours Ago, 17:15
    2. Another Borealis Estoril 300 Review
      By The Vintage Sweep in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: July 11th, 2016, 12:01
    3. Borealis Estoril 300 Blue with date (as it should be)
      By elconquistador in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: June 30th, 2016, 13:54
    4. BOREALIS Estoril 300 PROTOTYPES
      By Watchuseek Feeds in forum Bloggers United
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: January 4th, 2016, 14:00

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •