Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch - Page 3
Like Tree417Likes

Thread: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    A small red dot in Asia on the Earth's equator.

Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Quote Originally Posted by Narc'd View Post
    I put a generic 20mm mesh on mine, available from any number of suppliers on ebay and Amazon, etc....

Attachment 8732554
    Love the shark biting the shark mesh in the last pic. :)
    Ffej4 and Watchcollector21 like this.
    Timex | Carnival | Casio | Pulsar | Invicta | Rodina | Deep Blue | Tiger Concept | Gruppo Gamma | Tisell | Deaumar | Scurfa | Armida | Ticino | Nezumi | Obris Morgan | Aramar | Seiko | Borealis | Vratislavia Conceptum | Manchester Watch Works | Orient | Aevig | Steinhart | Citizen | Nth | Squale | Archimede | Ginault | Ball | Damasko | Rolex

Back on bracelet. Super engineer, from 2 years back. Solid & thick. Very comfy.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 559
Size:  838.7 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 563
Size:  716.0 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 565
Size:  1.16 MB
    Jguitron and the_watchier like this.

Some days ago I ordered the same PO-style bracelet which was described by Narc'd.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/iStrap-Watc...raps+seamaster

Thankfully he explained that some grinding is necessary to get it attached to the Estoril. When the bracelet arrived I had to spent the effort he described, but finally I got it adapted and was very satisfied. Thank you for that Narc'd.

Nevertheless there was Speedmaster style bracelet mentioned by Karan Kohli which seems to be promising:
    20mm Stainless Steel Watch Bracelet Fit Omega SpeedMaster 3570.50.00 3551.50.00 | eBay

As I have another watch which is a candidate for such a bracelet I ordered it and yesterday it arrived.
    Of course I tested it on the Estoril in comparison to the PO-style one. Finally it is not compatible out of the box, see details below:

Name:  bracel1.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  614.6 KB

The look is of course always a matter of personal taste.

Name:  bracel2.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  469.6 KB

The end link shape of the Speedmaster style bracelet (right) is without modification perfect, while the left side is a result of some hours of work.

Name:  bracel3.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  504.3 KB

Also the topside of the speedmaster style endlink fits perfect, just as it is.

Name:  bracel4.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  448.1 KB

The topside of the PO-style fits now, but as told not for free.

Name:  bracel5.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  393.7 KB

No happy end: The springbar of the speedy-style bracelet fails the drilled hole of the lug for some parts of a millimeter.
    Nevertheless it's quite a small effort to adapt the Speedy-style compared to the the PO-style. I suggest 90% less.
    I skip this exercise, as the Speedy-style fits perfect to a Seawolf53, which was my initial reason to order it.
    Last edited by DiversWatch; July 15th, 2016 at 02:58.
    Narc'd, Slider63, Jguitron and 5 others like this.

Nevertheless there was Speedmaster style bracelet mentioned by Karan Kohli which seems to be promising:
    Thank you DiversWatch for the information. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DiversWatch View Post
    Some days ago I ordered the same PO-style bracelet which was described by Narc'd.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/iStrap-Watc...raps+seamaster

Thankfully he explained that some grinding is necessary to get it attached to the Estoril. When the bracelet arrived I had to spent the effort he described, but finally I got it adapted and was very satisfied. Thank you for that Narc'd.

20mm Stainless Steel Watch Bracelet Fit Omega SpeedMaster 3570.50.00 3551.50.00 | eBay

As I have another watch which is a candidate for such a bracelet I ordered it and yesterday it arrived.
    Of course I tested it on the Estoril in comparison to the PO-style one:

Name:  bracel1.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  614.6 KB

The look is of course always a matter of personal taste.

Name:  bracel2.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  469.6 KB

The end link shape of the Speedmaster style bracelet (right) is without modification perfect, while the left side is a result of some hours of work.

Name:  bracel3.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  504.3 KB

Also the topside of the speedmaster style endlink fits perfect, just as it is.

Name:  bracel4.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  448.1 KB

The topside of the PO-style fits now, but as told not for free.

Name:  bracel5.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  393.7 KB

No happy end: The springbar of the speedy-style bracelet fails the drilled hole of the lug for some parts of a millimeter.
    Nevertheless it's quite a small effort to adapt the Speedy-style compared to the the PO-style. I suggest 90% less.
    I skip this exercise, as the Speedy-style fits perfect to a Seawolf53, which was my initial reason to order it.
    The speedy bracelet looks superb! I was ready to order one for one of my two estorils , until I read your whole post. At first you said this bracelet fit perfectly, and then in the last photo you say the lug holes didn't quite line up. Then you said you didn't actually try to fit it to your Estoril!? Since you didn't actually fit it to your Estoril, did you contemplate hogging out the hole in the end link slightly to get it to fit, or did you envision some other method. Also, how do you like the clasp on the speedy bracelet. I had one similar on a cheap Alpha once, and the clasp and divers extension were a real pain. Those flush fitted ends on the clasp stuck out when the bracelet was flexed, and the divers extension would also pop open.
    Jguitron and Ffej4 like this.

That speedy bracelet link isn't working for me. Is it working for others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watchcollector21 likes this.
    I like watches, and you probably do too. Amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Ffej4 View Post
    That speedy bracelet link isn't working for me. Is it working for others?

Not for me either

@ ED P.

The summary is simply that without modification the speedy-style bracelet will not fit. But compared the PO-style bracelet, the shape of the endlink is absolutely compatible. In addition the amount of material to grind is much smaller compared with the PO-style bracelet. The picture below shows an original 1610/930 bracelet from Omega which is compatible with the Estoril:

Name:  Bracelet.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  85.2 KB

As can be seen, the distance from the drilled hole to the watch case is about 3mm. The distance of the PO-style endlink was about 4mm. The distance of the speedy style endlink is estimated 3.2mm.

I also started with the idea to modify the hole. But without special drilling tool, I expect better results when grinding the endlink with a dremel. After some minutes of carefully grinding and frequent tests with the watch I got used to it. It is important to keep the shape compatible all the time and not to remove material by try and error.

Concerning the clasp you are right. The quality can't be compared with an original Omega. I expect there are severe variations from piece to piece. For example my divers extension is just the opposite of yours. It needs quite force to expand it. On the other hand an original Omega bracelet is too expensive, even used.

PS: Together with the bracelet I got some advertising from alpha watches. So may be the bracelet is from alpha. No easy decision, but I have some older bracelets with hollow endlinks and tinny clasps and I prefer the solid speedy fakes.
    Last edited by DiversWatch; July 15th, 2016 at 02:54.
    Jguitron and Watchcollector21 like this.

@FFej4, JGuitron :

I think the link is not working for you as the url has a .de trailing. For me it still works. Copied it myself from the Estoril forum.

Here is a link to a .com page. But don't ask me, if that it is exactly the same product.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20MM-WATCH-B...YAAOSwgQ9VkGTI

And just to go for sure: My conclusion was, that there is still some work necessary to get the bracelet fitted. Modified the intro text in my description above to avoid misunderstandings. Good luck ...
    Last edited by DiversWatch; July 15th, 2016 at 03:21.
    Ffej4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DiversWatch View Post
    @FFej4, JGuitron :

I think the link is not working for you as the url has a .de trailing. For me it still works. Copied it myself from the Estoril forum.

Here is a link to a .com page. But don't ask me, if that it is exactly the same product.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20MM-WATCH-B...YAAOSwgQ9VkGTI

And just to go for sure: My conclusion was, that there is still some work necessary to get the bracelet fitted. Modified the intro text in my description above to avoid misunderstandings. Good luck ...
    Thank you!

Ffej4 likes this.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information