Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch - Page 4
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Funny they say a speedmaster style bracelet fits. I tried my speedmaster bracelet on my estoril and it did not fit. So if any of you were thinking of buying a $600 genuine speedmaster bracelet for your estoril, think again!

Makes me scratch my head as to how much grinding would be necessary for the speedmaster bracelet from eBay.

Lug holes are in different places.

Sticks out a bit.

Looks great otherwise.
    Last edited by poisonwazthecure; July 15th, 2016 at 16:22.

I bought that same aftermarket Speedy bracelet off ebay and tried it out on my Estoril last night. Sure enough, the space for the springbar sits just a little too far away from the lug holes on the case.

I got the bracelet to stay in place just enough to try it on and size the bracelet. Since there are no micro adjusts on the bracelet, I couldn't get a good fit. Otherwise, I would have drilled out the endlinks to get the springbars to seat properly
    Jguitron and Watchcollector21 like this.
    Where I come from, we don't whip, and we sure as hell don't nae nae.

Wow Page 4 already! I have been meaning to get over here and post what I have found so far.

Here is the link to my long winded and picture full post on the main Estoril thread: BOREALIS ESTORIL 300

And here is a link to another SEL that worked. The beautiful Omega 1610/930 bracelet. BOREALIS ESTORIL 300

Long story short - I found the Strap Code MILTAT super oyster for the SKX023 fit, albeit with thinner spring bars for me. I ended up returning it though because I wasn't loving the Oyster on the Estoril. I would must rather have a speedy or bond style to match the Estoril's aesthetics.

I also ordered a Bond aftermarket replacement on e-bay that looks like a good fit, and even has the 825 etched into the end link (which is bond bracelet version of the 930). But sadly the end links were not the same as the stock photo from them and they was not enough material to reach the case with the springbars locked in. The seller wasn't really helpful, but I may try another one once that return is complete. I've also been watching for used 1610/930 or 1503/825 bracelets online.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by DiversWatch View Post
    @ ED P.

The summary is simply that without modification the speedy-style bracelet will not fit. But compared the PO-style bracelet, the shape of the endlink is absolutely compatible. In addition the amount of material to grind is much smaller compared with the PO-style bracelet. The picture below shows an original 1610/930 bracelet from Omega which is compatible with the Estoril:

Attachment 8748962

As can be seen, the distance from the drilled hole to the watch case is about 3mm. The distance of the PO-style endlink was about 4mm. The distance of the speedy style endlink is estimated 3.2mm.

I also started with the idea to modify the hole. But without special drilling tool, I expect better results when grinding the endlink with a dremel. After some minutes of carefully grinding and frequent tests with the watch I got used to it. It is important to keep the shape compatible all the time and not to remove material by try and error.

Concerning the clasp you are right. The quality can't be compared with an original Omega. I expect there are severe variations from piece to piece. For example my divers extension is just the opposite of yours. It needs quite force to expand it. On the other hand an original Omega bracelet is too expensive, even used.

PS: Together with the bracelet I got some advertising from alpha watches. So may be the bracelet is from alpha. No easy decision, but I have some older bracelets with hollow endlinks and tinny clasps and I prefer the solid speedy fakes.

Thanks for the added information. I think I'll keep my two Estorils on the mesh bracelets that they are currently on. Here are a couple photos of my two beauties!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ed P. View Post
    Thanks for the added information. I think I'll keep my two Estorils on the mesh bracelets that they are currently on. Here are a couple photos of my two beauties!
    Hi Ed,

Do you mind me asking which mesh option you bought from? Didn't see you mention it previously. Any clasp shots too?
    It looks awesome BTW!

Thanks,
    Damo

I have read and seen in other threads thT the sarg009 bracelet fits without modding and very closely matches the thinner profile and f the Estoril lugs. Does anyone have further info or better yet direct experience to share?
    Ffej4 and SimpleWatchMan like this.

Metal bracelet options for the BOREALIS ESTORIL 300 watch

Thank you for starting this thread and thank you to all that are helping the enabling process.

I haven't called Seiko about the SARG009 availability because I found the Squale mesh perfect for me. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a way to shave down the straight bar cus it'll hit the case or unless you have a big wrist like mine.

My 8.3in wrist is so big that it won't bend the mesh enough to rub the straight bar against the car. But on the wrist, it looks and feels a lot better than any poor pic i can take.

I am waiting on extra links, of which I'll only need one more to be "perfect.

Really love the extra links, btw. Breitling style.

I won't be adding the link by myself though. I'll pay $5 to my jeweler. Looks complicated (even if it may be super easy)
    Last edited by Watches503; July 16th, 2016 at 10:17.
    Instagram: @watches503

Quote Originally Posted by damo_t View Post
    Hi Ed,

Do you mind me asking which mesh option you bought from? Didn't see you mention it previously. Any clasp shots too?
    It looks awesome BTW!

Thanks,
    Damo
    I got these on e-bay, seller kikohouse, item no. 251620340762, currently USD $13.48, with free shipping. He gives several photos of bracelet and clasp. You could spend a lot more, but there's no need to, since these are excellent. You can cut them to length with a cutoff wheel on a Dremel tool, or using a good set of wire cutters. I hope that helps!

I got these on e-bay, seller kikohouse, item no. 251620340762, currently USD $13.48, with free shipping. He gives several photos of bracelet and clasp. You could spend a lot more, but there's no need to, since these are excellent. You can cut them to length with a cutoff wheel on a Dremel tool, or using a good set of wire cutters. I hope that helps!
    Thank you Ed for pointing me in the right direction! Truly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Damo

A small red dot in Asia on the Earth's equator.

Is yours polished or brushed?

Thanks for the info. :)
    Timex | Carnival | Casio | Pulsar | Invicta | Rodina | Deep Blue | Tiger Concept | Gruppo Gamma | Tisell | Deaumar | Scurfa | Armida | Ticino | Nezumi | Obris Morgan | Aramar | Seiko | Borealis | Vratislavia Conceptum | Manchester Watch Works | Orient | Aevig | Steinhart | Citizen | Nth | Squale | Archimede | Ginault | Ball | Damasko | Rolex

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast