Most durable dive strap

Thread: Most durable dive strap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Most durable dive strap

Hello, I was wondering what yall think is the most durable dive strap for everyday wear to include diving, desk diving, working out, and everything else possible. What do you suggest? Leather, rubber, brand, etc? Im trying to see how long i can go without taking the watch off of my wrist. I may not last to long. Thanks
    Breitling Superocean Steelfish
    Breitling Avenger Seawolf SS
    Ecozilla
    Omega Seamaster Pro Quartz
    Breitling Superocean
    Omega Speedmaster Olympic ed
    Fortis Flieger Auto
    Hamilton Khaki Action Auto
    Seiko Black Monster
    Balihai The Balihai

Re: Most durable dive strap

Personally, for go everywhere, do everything durability and comfort, I prefer a stainless steel bracelet. Many may disagree with me, but I think they are the best for most of my outdoor activities (camping, hiking, scuba, yard work, etc.) because they do not hold odors or stains and are not ruined by deet, sunscreen, etc. Plus, just wear it in the shower at the end of the day and it's clean again.

Sometimes I dive with a NATO strap, but that's more of a watch-security issue than a durability-comfort issue.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Resco R-TAC, Chronosport UDT Type IIa, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

GGD

Hey buddy -

I'm a massive Maratac 4-ring zulu strap fan

They cost less than $20, heaps of different colour options, are virtually impossible to break, you can change out the look of your watch in about 20 seconds, and if a springbar breaks you won't lose your watch.

But they're also incredibly comfortable (especially with a heavy watch) and because there's no buckle sitting on the underside of your wrist nothing digs into you if you're doing stuff on the computer etc....

As you can see..... I really, really like them

Cheers!

How do the zulu's do with smell?
    Breitling Superocean Steelfish
    Breitling Avenger Seawolf SS
    Ecozilla
    Omega Seamaster Pro Quartz
    Breitling Superocean
    Omega Speedmaster Olympic ed
    Fortis Flieger Auto
    Hamilton Khaki Action Auto
    Seiko Black Monster
    Balihai The Balihai

Do the lugs get scratched from the buckles on the strap?
    *Nick*
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor souls who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat " - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2064 View Post
    Well, they do pick up perspiration, so they will begin to smell. But nylon is easy to clean and drys quickly. And they are oh so tacticool!

Quote Originally Posted by GGD View Post
    Hey buddy -

I'm a massive Maratac 4-ring zulu strap fan

They cost less than $20, heaps of different colour options, are virtually impossible to break, you can change out the look of your watch in about 20 seconds, and if a springbar breaks you won't lose your watch.

But they're also incredibly comfortable (especially with a heavy watch) and because there's no buckle sitting on the underside of your wrist nothing digs into you if you're doing stuff on the computer etc....

As you can see..... I really, really like them

Cheers!
    And I thought I was a strap freak!! BTW which are the ones with the, "Jolly Roger"? I have seen them before but never really knew the company. I typically do the Maratac thang.

The heavy nylon straps like Rhino, Zulu, etc. Not only are they very durable, they will hold the watch on your wrist in the even of a springbar failure.

A note on strap smell. Just like any other article of clothing, as it collects dead skin it will start to smell. Wash em and they will do just fine.
    "Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

GGD

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2064 View Post
    Haven't had any issues mate, I throw them in the wash every month or so (I just loop then thru the belt loop of a pair of jeans) and they come up good as new..... if one got really funky I'd just chuck it and get a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
    Do the lugs get scratched from the buckles on the strap?
    No they don't mate, when the watch is lying flat the steel rings on the '6' side of the watch will just touch the lugs, but when it's on the wrist they're nowhere near each other so it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Reckoning View Post
    And I thought I was a strap freak!! BTW which are the ones with the, "Jolly Roger"? I have seen them before but never really knew the company. I typically do the Maratac thang.
    Cheers mate, those are the Australian "Calico Jack" zulu straps..... I picked mine up on the SC so I'm not exactly sure where you get them online.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

I'm with Doug on this. For fast drying and most sanitary, it's hard to beat the SS bracelet.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information