Most durable dive watches?

Thread: Most durable dive watches?

-->
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Most durable dive watches?

I was hoping for some help sorting through the number of possible dive watches out there. So my question is what brands - and specifically what models - are particularly known for making durable dive watches? By durable I mean capable of handling impacts, temperature changes, and day to day wear.

Really I'm hoping for something that sells for under $2000, but would love to hear about anything particularly notable. The Sinn U2 has caught my eye (I'm a bit biased as I love my 144 chrono), but have also looked at the Zinex trimix and UTS 500.

Thanks for any input.

Re: Most durable dive watches?

Submariner
    Aquaracer
    Seamaster
    SuperOcean

Short of a few odd models here and there, almost no watches discussed here have a track record of not being durable. Dive watches are very overengineered these days, and most can handle far more punishment than they'll ever receive. You mentioned temperature changes, and the Sinn U2 does excel in that area. And there are also brands such as Ball, who claim to be more impact resistant that others. But other than a few isolated cases, we just don't see many dive watches failing around here.

If you can give some specifics about what you like with respect to features, styling, etc., I'm sure you'll get some good recommendations.
    Regards,

Gabe

Probably something with a DLC coating, thick sapphire crystal, and quartz.

Sinn
    Kremke
    Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by sen_on View Post
    By durable I mean capable of handling impacts, temperature changes, and day to day wear.
    Anything that has passed ISO 6425 might be very decent. In general, I think all dive watches discussed on these forums is "durable enough".

Omega Seamaster Professional 300 quartz will take about anything you can do to it. Being a quartz, its going to take more hits than a automatic counter part.

Rolex Submariner has got to be the toughest automatic. It has been tested all around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTimeGabe View Post
    Short of a few odd models here and there, almost no watches discussed here have a track record of not being durable. Dive watches are very overengineered these days, and most can handle far more punishment than they'll ever receive. You mentioned temperature changes, and the Sinn U2 does excel in that area. And there are also brands such as Ball, who claim to be more impact resistant that others. But other than a few isolated cases, we just don't see many dive watches failing around here.

If you can give some specifics about what you like with respect to features, styling, etc., I'm sure you'll get some good recommendations.
    Amen. The list of "non-durable" dive watches would be a lot shorter.

seiko skx007........
    G-Shocks and subs

Alberta / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

I'm a fan of DOXA watches myself. You could get either the 1000T or the 5000T for less than $2000 at current 'summer sale prices'. I've heard nothing but good things about them - and - while I don't own one, yet, given the reviews I've read, I'd trust one to be durable enough for the sort of use you seem to intend it to receive.
    Daily Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay; Rolex Air King; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Suunto Ambit 2; Tissot PRS200

Strictly Diving:
    Seiko SKX013K1 Diver's 200M; Shearwater Research Predator

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information