My Bronze Diver addiction!! - Page 30
Like Tree11565Likes

Thread: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

Page 30 of 294 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 130 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 2935
  1. #291
    Member Luminated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,523

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    Thank you very much! I forget what the L to L is on these & expect you have a 19cm or larger wrist?

    RD
    My wrist is about 19cm, I think lug to lug is 52mm. Here's a photo from further away which might give a better impression of size in the wrist.

    Hi everyone my name is BOB and I'm a WATCHAHOLIC Hidden Content

  2. #292
    Member Riddim Driven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Maine USA > to 3rd world Florida
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminated View Post
    My wrist is about 19cm, I think lug to lug is 52mm. Here's a photo from further away which might give a better impression of size in the wrist.
    Ah then I was close. I'm a flat 17.78cm and I believe the B1 ever-so-slightly pushed my parameters for fit. In PVD the watch appeared visually smaller than actual size. Your bright dial w/ bronze must have immense wrist presence, in a good way!

    Thanks again very much
    RD

    Here's the B1 I used to have. Assume it's the same L to L, but seems to fit OK - (sorry to detract from bronze folks)

    gaopa, Luminated and bigclive2011 like this.

  3. #293
    Member Luminated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,523

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    Ah then I was close. I'm a flat 17.78cm and I believe the B1 ever-so-slightly pushed my parameters for fit. In PVD the watch appeared visually smaller than actual size. Your bright dial w/ bronze must have immense wrist presence, in a good way!

    Thanks again very much
    RD

    Here's the B1 I used to have. Assume it's the same L to L, but seems to fit OK - (sorry to detract from bronze folks)

    Is the B1 not the original 'Super Combat', I think that model was 45mm in diameter instead of the bronze model's 43mm.

    If I'm right then the bronze Combat will fit you even better.
    Hi everyone my name is BOB and I'm a WATCHAHOLIC Hidden Content

  4. #294
    Member Riddim Driven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Maine USA > to 3rd world Florida
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminated View Post
    Is the B1 not the original 'Super Combat', I think that model was 45mm in diameter instead of the bronze model's 43mm.

    If I'm right then the bronze Combat will fit you even better.
    The original I had was the "Combat B1" and I believe the use of "super" came in a later iteration. The B1 was 43mm. I may have to drop Chris a line to confirm specs when I get closer to a decision

    Thanks again for the assist. The bronze B is quite nice

    RD
    Luminated likes this.

  5. #295
    Member Luminated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,523

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    The original I had was the "Combat B1" and I believe the use of "super" came in a later iteration. The B1 was 43mm. I may have to drop Chris a line to confirm specs when I get closer to a decision

    Thanks again for the assist. The bronze B is quite nice

    RD
    Yeah you're right I'm thinking of the SB1, well if yours was 43mm then I reckon the rest of the spec will be the same as mine.

    It's a very nice addition and more surprisingly is that Chris has his guys tweak the 9015 so as it's accurate to COSC spec in 6 positions and I can confirm as others will as well that it's extremely accurate, mine is losing only 2s per day.
    Last edited by Luminated; October 26th, 2015 at 21:27.
    Riddim Driven likes this.
    Hi everyone my name is BOB and I'm a WATCHAHOLIC Hidden Content

  6. #296
    Member Riddim Driven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Maine USA > to 3rd world Florida
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminated View Post
    It's a very nice addition and more surprisingly is that Chris has his guys tweak the 9015 so as it's accurate to COSC spec in 6 positions and I can confirm as others will as well that it's extremely accurate, mine is losing only 2s per day.
    Absolutely -- I recently bought my 2nd LumTec. A knee jerk pick up during a recent holiday sale here. The 300M -3 PVD 40mm. It's a bit of a novelty watch, but it too has a very well tuned 9015. I've always thought LumTecs prices a bit high, but I have to say, you do get a very good product. of the few micros that do, Chris pays attention to detail. He is also isn't afraid to think & create out-of-the-box. With LumTec, everything works as it should. The lume is usually stellar, regulating is a priority, and everything lines up. The basics, but most important. I actually sent my 300M back after asking if they could swap out the orange hands for white hand set. The orange lume decayed too quickly. They did it for me - no questions asked, no additional charges, and rather promptly at that. They even checked the timing and provided documentation. What company would do all that, period! A lot of value in LumTec. I look forward to my next purchase.

    On a side note, It's nice they are starting to get into higher grade movements and working on getting the WR past 100atm's The original B1 ran a Seagull movement and was not for water use. Though it was also running within COSC specs.

    I've had many watches, and very few are regulated properly, particularly micro's. ETA to Soprod

    RD

    Sorry to get of topic again mates But I know you like it

    Last edited by Riddim Driven; October 26th, 2015 at 21:11.
    gaopa and Luminated like this.

  7. #297
    Member Luminated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,523

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    Absolutely -- I recently bought my 2nd LumTec. A knee jerk pick up during a recent holiday sale here. The 300M -3 PVD 40mm. It's a bit of a novelty watch, but it too has a very well tuned 9015. I've always thought LumTecs prices a bit high, but I have to say, you do get a very good product. of the few micros that do, Chris pays attention to detail. He is also isn't afraid to think & create out-of-the-box. With LumTec, everything works as it should. The lume is usually stellar, regulating is a priority, and everything lines up. The basics, but most important. I actually sent my 300M back after asking if they could swap out the orange hands for white hand set. The orange lume decayed too quickly. They did it for me - no questions asked, no additional charges, and rather promptly at that. They even checked the timing and provided documentation. What company would do all that, period! A lot of value in LumTec. I look forward to my next purchase.

    On a side note, It's nice they are starting to get into higher grade movements and working on getting the WR past 100atm's The original B1 ran a Seagull movement and was not for water use. Though it was also running within COSC specs.

    I've had many watches, and very few are regulated properly, particularly micro's. ETA to Soprod

    RD

    Sorry to get of topic again mates But I know you like it

    Your 300M is a beauty, oh and yeah some dismiss Lumtec due to price but you are right they do do things very well and offer a very high level of after sales service.
    Riddim Driven likes this.
    Hi everyone my name is BOB and I'm a WATCHAHOLIC Hidden Content

  8. #298
    Sinn Moderator gaopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NE Georgia
    Posts
    8,556

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    I have been a happy Lum-Tec owner since 2009 when I bought my Combat B3. I have owned several different models since and enjoyed them all. My latest L-T is my bronze Combat B18 which is a winner for sure!

    Bes/Chris at Lum-Tec send me a box of display watches for our Atlanta GTG last Saturday. In it was the new bronze Combat B31 (top right in the photo). That watch, as did all of them, attracted a lot of attention from the lads at the GTG.


  9. #299
    EHV
    EHV is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC Suburbs
    Posts
    2,220

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    Ñb


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #300
    Member yankeexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    20,493

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    How many of these bronze Zelos Abyss are in the wild? Any color.



    Thought about it until I realized the dial and hands are very similar to my Helmsman:

    Riddim Driven likes this.

Page 30 of 294 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 33
      Last Post: July 30th, 2012, 01:36
    2. FS - Helson Bronze Shark Diver - Bronze Bezel Black Dial - Mint
      By muddyrover in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: February 7th, 2012, 17:50
    3. Watch addiction has hit --> Am I a diver or a pilot?
      By UEngineer in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: December 26th, 2011, 19:02
    4. WTB Helson Bronze Shark Diver - Bronze Bezel / Black Dial
      By muddyrover in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: November 19th, 2011, 23:37
    5. Latest addiction to the pam addiction... 312!
      By daxyboy in forum Image Gallery
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: August 18th, 2010, 15:36

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •