My Bronze Diver addiction!! - Page 31
Like Tree10647Likes

Thread: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

Page 31 of 271 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    How many of these bronze Zelos Abyss are in the wild? Any color.

Thought about it until I realized the dial and hands are very similar to my Helmsman:

I've got one. I've been wearing it just about non-stop for the past two weeks, since it came in. Pics to follow in a sec.

Sorry for the not-so-great pics. I never claimed to be a skilled photographer.

Regarding the watch, I absolutely love it; details are flawless, build is solid. Runs at about +4sec/day. If I have any critiques, it's that it's a little heavier than I'm used to, but hey, when you buy a watch rated to 3000m with a 7mm thick crystal and a 4mm caseback, what do you expect? All things considered, I absolutely love it. H/t to Elshan.

Name:  20151016_082556.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  1.60 MBName:  Zelos.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  42.3 KBName:  unnamed (1).jpg
Views: 637
Size:  24.3 KB

Final note: Elshan offered these with forced patinas, but I opted to receive mine copper-penny new and let it age the old-fashioned way, as this is my first bronze. In just the last two weeks it's started taking on a light rainbow-to-brown patina. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow in some light that does it justice.
    Last edited by Coriolanus; October 28th, 2015 at 01:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolanus View Post
    Sorry for the not-so-great pics. I never claimed to be a skilled photographer.

Regarding the watch, I absolutely love it; details are flawless, build is solid. Runs at about +4sec/day. If I have any critiques, it's that it's a little heavier than I'm used to, but hey, when you buy a watch rated to 3000m with a 7mm thick crystal and a 4mm caseback, what do you expect? All things considered, I absolutely love it. H/t to Elshan.

Name:  20151016_082556.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  1.60 MBName:  Zelos.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  42.3 KBName:  unnamed (1).jpg
Views: 637
Size:  24.3 KB

Final note: Elshan offered these with forced patinas, but I opted to receive mine copper-penny new and let it age the old-fashioned way, as this is my first bronze. In just the last two weeks it's started taking on a light rainbow-to-brown patina. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow in some light that does it justice.
    Jeez, it looks amazing. Natural patina is definitley the way to go, IMHO. If I didn't already have the Helmsman.....
    Coriolanus likes this.

Jeez, it looks amazing. Natural patina is definitley the way to go, IMHO. If I didn't already have the Helmsman.....
    You know, part of the reason that I jumped on this watch is that I dragged my feet, missed out on the Helmsman and regretted it after. Specifically, I wanted your green-dialed version. To me, the bronze-with-green-dial is a great combo. So when I got a second shot at it, I wasn't going to miss out.

Elshan had some QA issues with the Abyss cases, so he had to delay shipping to the Kickstarter backers by about four months. Lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth on KS, but now that pretty much everyone has received theirs, they're getting rave reviews.
    Last edited by Coriolanus; October 28th, 2015 at 03:01.

You know, part of the reason that I jumped on this watch is that I dragged my feet, missed out on the Helmsman and regretted it after. Specifically, I wanted your green-dialed version. To me, the bronze-with-green-dial is a great combo. So when I got a second shot at it, I wasn't going to miss out.

Elshan had some QA issues with the Abyss cases, so he had to delay shipping to the Kickstarter backers by about four months. Lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth on KS, but now that pretty much everyone has received theirs, they're getting rave reviews.
    Did not know about Zelos initially and was lucky to find mine on f29 at a fair price. There is a green Abyss available now, with issues.

Did not know about Zelos initially and was lucky to find mine on f29 at a fair price. There is a green Abyss available now, with issues.

Really? Hmm, I'll have to go look for that; curious what the issues are. Thanks for the heads-up.

Really? Hmm, I'll have to go look for that; curious what the issues are. Thanks for the heads-up.
    Issues: not including Zelos wood box or leather pouch.

Yeah, looked it up and saw that after i posted.

Finally found the time to experiment with artificial patina on my Armida A1 brass, pretty happy with the end result.

Name:  KVaZ6tjh.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  82.1 KB
    Name:  0mQWPAQh.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  118.2 KB
    Name:  Op5stOgh.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  137.9 KB

I simply let the watch soaking in fumes from a mixture of cider vinegar and one hard boiled egg overnight. Very cool.
    gaopa, Dhillon and mdsaitto like this.

n1kO, the patina on your Armida A1 looks great! Well done!

Page 31 of 271 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread Information