My Bronze Diver addiction!! - Page 8
Like Tree12699Likes

Thread: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

Page 8 of 321 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 3204
  1. #71
    Member 41Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,385
    So it looks like two watches have come my way, possibly, in my price range. I'm wondering what your thoughts are between the Ancon sea dweller which is Bronze and the maranez Bangla (the style which I prefer) that is brass. I may be able to get them both at a similar price point.

  2. #72
    Member Tony A.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Boston. USA
    Posts
    8,114

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    OLIVIER's Oxidation is one of the Nicest

    i saw a Blue Dial well Patina-ed Olivier that looks almost PVD-ed. very NICE.




    Quote Originally Posted by Luminated View Post
    Best show you with examples but basically Alu-bronze as used in the Olivier develops a grey hue


    The Emotion is Aroused by Something Marvelous. Gazed with Wonder.


    Hidden Content Pink Floyd in Pilot Suits... oh, LOVE The Band.

  3. #73
    Member Luminated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,627

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony A.H View Post
    OLIVIER's Oxidation is one of the Nicest

    i saw a Blue Dial well Patina-ed Olivier that looks almost PVD-ed. very NICE.
    You can achieve an almost PVD look with CuSn8 bronze too if you check my tutorial on forcing patina with liver of sulphur.


  4. #74
    Member watermanxxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,309

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminated View Post
    You can achieve an almost PVD look with CuSn8 bronze too if you check my tutorial on forcing patina with liver of sulphur.

    +1. But, unlike PVD, if you want to change it...some silver polish will make it sparkle like virgin bronze again. That's the advantage with a bronze case; there's many possibilities to the hue you can achieve.

  5. #75
    Member mdsaitto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    2,176

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    which Bangla are you talking about? the 44 or the 47? they have different specs and price point, check Maranez website

    in case we are talking about the Bangla 44, I'd go with the Ancon if the price point is similar
    Ancon is a more expensive piece and it is full bronze

    Quote Originally Posted by jaywinston41 View Post
    So it looks like two watches have come my way, possibly, in my price range. I'm wondering what your thoughts are between the Ancon sea dweller which is Bronze and the maranez Bangla (the style which I prefer) that is brass. I may be able to get them both at a similar price point.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,554

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigclive2011 View Post

    If I can find one I fancy a Kazimon 1500, although they seem to have vanished without trace :((
    There's 2 Kazimon 1500's on the sales forum now. One from Kazimon himself!

    I've owned 3 Kazimon bronzes. A 1500 bronze version 1, a 1500 version 2 (copper bezel), and a bronze nautilus. All great watches. I've also owned a Helson bronze gauge. The only bronze I have now is the Ennebi, and it's my favorite of all.

    Name:  d823cd67-f4e3-4402-b3bd-ffbcc2d0ad98_zps0b1lmrsx.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  145.0 KB

  7. #77
    Sinn Moderator gaopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NE Georgia
    Posts
    8,593

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    I'm enjoying my Armida A 1, my first brass watch. Cheers, Bill P.

    Last edited by gaopa; February 27th, 2015 at 13:09.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    998

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    I reached out to Kazim like two weeks ago on WUS and email. No response.

    I'm sure he's a busy person but damn, I want that watch! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by pbj204 View Post
    There's 2 Kazimon 1500's on the sales forum now. One from Kazimon himself!

    I've owned 3 Kazimon bronzes. A 1500 bronze version 1, a 1500 version 2 (copper bezel), and a bronze nautilus. All great watches. I've also owned a Helson bronze gauge. The only bronze I have now is the Ennebi, and it's my favorite of all.

    Name:  d823cd67-f4e3-4402-b3bd-ffbcc2d0ad98_zps0b1lmrsx.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  145.0 KB

  9. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,407

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    pbj204, gaopa, jlow28 and 5 others like this.

  10. #80
    Member bigclive2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,927

    Re: My Bronze Diver addiction!!

    More great bronze/Brass shots!!

    Just loving them, so keep em coming!!

    My Maranez is coming on nicely now.

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  1.61 MBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  1.45 MBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1375
Size:  1.28 MB

    And the the lume is really wicked.

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1365
Size:  1.25 MB
    pbj204, gaopa, Stromboli and 6 others like this.
    " I am easily impressed by the best" - Winston Churchill.

    "One cannot but admire the cold-bravery and enterprise of these Italians"
    Admiral Cunningham, referring to the frogmen of the M.A.S in WW2.


    Hidden Content

Page 8 of 321 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 33
      Last Post: July 30th, 2012, 01:36
    2. FS - Helson Bronze Shark Diver - Bronze Bezel Black Dial - Mint
      By muddyrover in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: February 7th, 2012, 17:50
    3. Watch addiction has hit --> Am I a diver or a pilot?
      By UEngineer in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: December 26th, 2011, 19:02
    4. WTB Helson Bronze Shark Diver - Bronze Bezel / Black Dial
      By muddyrover in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: November 19th, 2011, 23:37
    5. Latest addiction to the pam addiction... 312!
      By daxyboy in forum Image Gallery
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: August 18th, 2010, 15:36

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •