Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Acquisition: Jurgens Four-Star Maritime Military Diver!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool New Acquisition: Jurgens Four-Star Maritime Military Diver!

Hello all, i'd like to show my Jurgens Four-Star Maritime Military Diver. It's a relatively rare watch (I have serial #4 btw), and it is 8 years old from 2004 (first production year), and looks immaculate and runs excellently. (It has some patina on the steel parts of the hands and the lume looks a bit patina'd too. I'm not sure if Superluminova can age, but it looks "older" than my (or in general) new watches with the same lume since it literally is older). (Glows very bright too). I have searched the entire site, and this watch does not show up it's so rare. In fact, even Google searching it only turns up the company website for it.

I acquired it from a forum member in a very nice trade (I traded a mint Steinhart OVM for it). It is a MilSub homage/tribute just like the OVM so it was a really good trade for the both of us.
    Anyways, here's the details and photos of this beautiful piece:

Handmade in Germany by Jurgen Hauff e.K. S Parts in Phorzheim (The company website says that all the parts are sourced there aside from the movement which is obviously from Switzerland). I believe that the parts are all sourced from Germany simply because the near $1000 European price-tag confirms this.

It is a Rolex MilSub homage/tribute. And the Four Star logo on the dial and caseback are based on the logos on German military watches used in the post WWI period before they were confiscated by U.S. troops
    most likely just after WWI, during WWII, or at the start of the Cold War. (According to the company website).

(If you want to see their site, just google: 'Jurgens watch' and choose the Germany site. (Many here on the forum are no doubt acclimated with the straps they make).

Movement: ETA 2824-2
    Bezel: Unidirectional solid 60 click (Lines up with markers and hands pretty much perfectly)
    Crystal: Sapphire (very slightly bevelled)
    Case: All brushed stainless steel
    Lugs:
    Fixed and welded
    Dimensions: 40mm, 20mm lug width
    Caseback: Engraved with 4-star logo and unique serial #4 (from the first production year of 2004)
    Crown: Screw down, protected
    Dial: Black with painted luminous hands and markers (Superluminova; can't tell if C1 or C3. It glows very bright)
    (No date function
    )
    WR: 660ft=200m

Photos; there's going to be a lot because this watch does not already exist on the forum at all as far as I could research. Let this serve as the first private owner unveil of it:

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IM

Even the box is awesome!! High quality laminated wood.

G] [/IMG]

[I

The watch did not come on the Corvus/Phoenix James Bond strap. That is mine. It came with an Admiralty Gray NATO strap.

MG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[I

The personal message on the left, the original warranty and proof of purchase card, and the warranty and proof of purchase card for the NATO strap it came with.

MG] [/IMG]

[IMG

This personal message was addressed to the previous and original owner of the watch that I received it from in the trade. It is very cool indeed and really gives character to the whole package and shows the value in dealing with an excellent and very personal micro brand.

] [/IMG]

[IM

The original warranty card and proof of purchase. As you can see, it's dated May 17th, 2004. I'd say it looks immaculate for being an 8 year old watch. It runs like a charm too. The crown is really easy (for lack of a better term), to screw and push-in though; and it wobbles a bit when turning it (no worse than any other watch I've owned); and while the movement is hacked to set the time, slightly rotating the watch can get the rotor going and make it start ticking even though it's supposed to be hacked; but I think that can be a good thing because it shows that the rotor is well lubricated!

G] [/IMG]

[IM

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG

] [/IMG]

G] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IM

My Corvus/Phoenix James Bond Strap.

G] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG]

The case is very well designed and made. It's one of the best i've ever seen.

[/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IM

As noted before, the lug bars are welded just like real military watches (such as the Rolex Military Submariner). Very rare indeed to find on a modern day watch, let alone any "civilian available" watch.

Now, in this picture, you can see that this bar (12 o'clock position), is bent ever so slightly. This was done by the original owner in order to fit a thicker strap through. It does not affect the watch's integrity at all. I am not going to attempt to re-bend it, there is no point to mess with it.

G] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG]

This is one of the few homages/tributes i've ever seen that has a crown and crown guards in this style. Loving it!!!

[/IMG]

[IMG]

More welded lug bar glory!

[/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG

I have watch #4 from 2004 which was the first production year. Very cool! I swear that serial numbers just make diving watches and watches in general that much cooler. Also gracing the dial is the WWI/WWII intermission-period-correct German 4 star logo. The original war-time watches bearing this 4 star logo apparently can't be found as the story was that they were all confiscated and probably lost or destroyed by U.S. troops most likely either just after WWI, during WWII, or at the start of the Cold War. (According to the Jurgens website).

] [/IMG]

[IM

More fixed lug bar glory.

G] [/IMG]

[IM

Just another caseback shot for closer detail.

G] [/IMG]

[IM

I love taking pictures of striped nylon straps on this surface in my backyard. (They are seat cushions for a bench if you can believe it or not). I have taken many watch photos on these.

G] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IM

The original NATO strap that the watch came with.

G] [/IMG]

[IM

Low light:

G] [/IMG]
    [IMG

Absence of light:

] [/IMG]
    [IM

Pitch black darkness:

G] [/IMG]

Those are all the pics for now (can we really ever have enough pics of dive watches; they are so beautiful).

I couldn't decide on wrist shots just because I hate how the camera distorts wrist shots so much. Anyway, enjoy this!

EDIT: Lume shots added!
    Last edited by AlphaWolf777; October 21st, 2012 at 21:37.
    My Collection
    Mk II Nassau Ref. 1001 #57 Red Triangle; Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage GMT; Débaufré Ocean 1 GMT 39mm/Mk II MilSub Mod; Seiko 5 SNXJ89; Wenger Battalion III, Invicta 8926OB NH35A

Nice find! Looks like a great 40mm milsub homage

Sent from my cm_tenderloin

Re: New Acquisition: Jurgens Four-Star Maritime Military Diver!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen V View Post
    Nice find! Looks like a great 40mm milsub homage

edited
    Last edited by AlphaWolf777; October 21st, 2012 at 21:38.
    My Collection
    Mk II Nassau Ref. 1001 #57 Red Triangle; Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage GMT; Débaufré Ocean 1 GMT 39mm/Mk II MilSub Mod; Seiko 5 SNXJ89; Wenger Battalion III, Invicta 8926OB NH35A

I know what ya mean :). The size is what kept me from getting an ocean 1.

Great looking watch! fantastic pickup. Thanks for the pics.
    Regards Cam

edited
    Last edited by AlphaWolf777; October 21st, 2012 at 21:38.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by camb66 View Post
    Great looking watch! fantastic pickup. Thanks for the pics.
    Thanks, and you're welcome!
    My Collection

Thanks for nice photos and review!!
    Im impressed with 4stars on the dial and welded lug.. really unique and nice watch!!

Very nice thread...thanks for sharing!!
    Omega | Tudor | Sinn

Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper View Post
    Very nice thread...thanks for sharing!!
    Thanks. It is my pleasure to share a nice timepiece.
    My Collection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information