WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New GMT Diver from BoldR

7K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  frenco 
#1 · (Edited)
Got an email from BoldR about their new GMT diver watch and it does look quite good and at an excellent price starting at only $149-$169.

Three versions on offer,

Steel

Black

Stealth

I know the Black comes with a fully lumed bezel but I believe the Stealth comes the same but with black superluminova. Can't wait to see the lume shot of these.

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow they've been killing it if the Odyssey will be as good as all the reviews are saying it is and they pull this one off. As for quartz or auto I'm sure that its the former for the mentioned price but hoping they make an auto version as well. Can't wait for my Odyssey though!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#7 ·
That's actually looking very nice! Can't wait for more pics!

Sendt fra min SM-G920F med Tapatalk

#13 · (Edited)
5ATM WR seems a bit silly for a watch like this..

Sendt fra min ALE-L21 med Tapatalk
On their facebook it states the WR is 50ATM, maybe this should have read 50M.... either way one is wrong.

I must admit 50M sounds very low considering the Helgray equivalent offers 300m WR.

#16 ·
Please enlighten us, everyone has to start somewhere and not everything you try becomes an instant success....

The world is full of very successful businessmen who have failed more than one in their lives.

#17 ·
They have been known to do a Kickstarter-Massdrop sorta thing where they sell watches on Massdrop for less then the lowest Kickstarter price. Also did it with their previous brand Travisleon. It's discussed over in the affordables "Kickstarter" discussion thread.

#20 ·
I do appreciate that their pre order to delivery is less than 30 days if the late August delivery time indicated on their website is accurate

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

#27 ·
When you travel around the world it's best (for me and many others, surely there will be exceptions) to use the 24h hand for the time at home, the 12h hand for the local time, as you always know if it's am or pm. A rotating bezel is a plus for the third time zone.
But afaik only rolex, omega, seiko and citizen offer this function, because both ronda with quartz and eta with 2893 offer the quickset on the 24h hand, forcing you to hack the watch, adjust the hour and minutes, then restart the watch and readjust the 24h hand, yes it's not the end of the world, but personally I find it stupid and bothersome, to the point that I sold the eta gmt I had.
I think the reason for the eta/ronda system must have been a patent preventing them from doing it the other way, otherwise it makes no sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.