The New Isofrane - Page 13
Like Tree468Likes

Thread: The New Isofrane

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Re: The New Isofrane

Quote Originally Posted by hharry View Post
    Am I the only one who finds 120 buck a pretty high price for a piece of rubber?
    $120 for a rubber strap that attaches to what could be a $1000-$10000 case full of metal parts really isn't that bad. There are a few rubber straps out there that are close to $1000.

There are plenty of cheaper options for rubber straps, but like everything else in life; you get what you pay for... I have a box of $20-$50 rubber straps that I attached and pulled off after 5 minutes because they smelled funny, attracted dust and lint, were too stiff, too soft, or too short.

I'll give one a chance when it comes out in blue if it is the right shade.
    "Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies"

I just checked my FedEx tracking number. It looks like my strap will be here tomorrow, (5 days from order to delivery). I'll try it on a variety of watches and post up some new shots.
    Last edited by DEMO111; March 7th, 2010 at 17:50.
    Dive watch fanatic since 1980
    Hidden Content

Mine is showing it's released from customs, Memphis, TN and will be here Wednesday. I'm 4 hours from Memphis. It arrived from Europe overnight then takes 3 days to go another 250 miles.
    Current baker's dozen favorites:
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20;
    Bathys Black Aquaculture;Casio MDV-102-1AVCF; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm; Helson Sharkdiver #100;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS: Victorinox Garrison; + about 20 more
    Incoming: NADA
    Hidden Content
    I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau Hidden Content
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

Yes
    Hidden Content
    SALES & PURCHASE REFERENCES: Hidden Content

I've had mine with the RetroSicuro buckle for a week and it was worth every cent. Of the 100+ straps and bracelets I own only the Omega Milanese tops it for looks and comfort but just barely. Looking forward to 22mm and the PVD and colored versions.
    Current baker's dozen favorites:
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20;
    Bathys Black Aquaculture;Casio MDV-102-1AVCF; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm; Helson Sharkdiver #100;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS: Victorinox Garrison; + about 20 more
    Incoming: NADA
    Hidden Content
    I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau Hidden Content
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

Quote Originally Posted by supawabb View Post
    Yes
    Okay

The saddlery guys in town will make a custom leather shoulder holster w/ hand stiched, tanned leather, buckles, straps, and several closure options for less money, considerably more labor and materials.

I understand and appreciate the comments, and enthusiasm for this dive strap,but personally, I would opt for custom silicone impregnated leather instead.

But one thing does seem certain, there are not a lot of options for a high-quality, pliable, good looking rubber strap and there is obviously a demand for the product.

No.

To give you a reference, the natural rubber straps for the STOWA Seatime is available from Stowa itself at $40 (Stowa logo), and from Flucco at $30 (no engraving). It's my favorite rubber strap. I never found a higher quality.

But if it makes people happy, then who cares? These are luxury accessories anyway. If some people spend a few thousands on a watch, then why not $120 for a synthetic rubber strap?

Personally I think this Isofrane strap looks great. I still have to figure out what kind of rubber they use ("a new rubber compound" is vague), and what makes it specific though...
    Have a wonderful time...

Any new, new, newer time frames for the 22mm version?

I would like to know about the 22mm also.
    Anybody have an ETA?

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. May 6th, 2011, 00:02

Thread Information