The New Isofrane - Page 15
Like Tree468Likes

Thread: The New Isofrane

Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 534
  1. #141
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,664

    Re: The New Isofrane

    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Wow that's news to me. I thought the orange was in the bag since it was being talked about since the start.

    Since you're a mod can I start a thread like romeo-1 where he wants the blue? Don't want to step on any toes obviously and would rather get permission.

    As him and I are fellow Canadians you can see we're passionate about our quality rubber straps!
    You can start a poll, which I'm sure will yield some interesting numbers, but Isofrane will likely not see it. While they sponsor this forum, they don't monitor it for product input or feedback. What they value are emails, as emails give a more realistic picture as who's serious, and who isn't. Anybody can casually click a button in a poll, but if someone takes the time to send an email, then chances are they're serious.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

  2. #142
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,664

    Re: The New Isofrane

    Quote Originally Posted by dshap View Post
    Anyone know about 20mm?????

    I don't understand what's taking so long. There are tons of people here ready to throw their money at Isofrane, so why can't they get these straps made?
    Because you're not telling them directly that you want one. Isofrane isn't a huge company, so they're entering the market very cautiously. They're not going to produce three different sizes, in tons of colors and just sit back an hope everyone buys them.

    The Isofrane guys are PloProf guys, that's why they started with the 24mm. They do have plans for other sizes, other colors, and even other styles, but they're savvy and they're going to wait to release them when they feel the demand is there, and the time is right.

    If you really want a 20mm strap, send them a direct email telling them so. That's how they're listening, and that's how you'll get what you want.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

  3. #143
    Member Nalu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    5,381

    Re: The New Isofrane

    See sizes/colors update added to the comparative review thread
    "Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

  4. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: The New Isofrane

    Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    You can start a poll, which I'm sure will yield some interesting numbers, but Isofrane will likely not see it. While they sponsor this forum, they don't monitor it for product input or feedback. What they value are emails, as emails give a more realistic picture as who's serious, and who isn't. Anybody can casually click a button in a poll, but if someone takes the time to send an email, then chances are they're serious.

    Like i said before, i really can´t quite understand how a company will survive or gain much profit in producing only one niche product.
    If the 24mm Isofrane strap had mostly the Ploprof owners as a target group, the show would be over before it even started. I seriously doubt that they did sell more than 200 straps that makes roughly 22000USD in about a year, deduct the production costs, distribution and so on, what will be left
    I think it should be in their interest to produce a wider variety of straps in size and color otherwise they will soon be forgotten.
    However i did write them a mail telling them that the interest for 20mm, 22mm straps and different colors is there and customers are ready to pay.
    Hidden Content
    I wonder about Ed´s 2nd watch Hidden Content

    C u

    René

    Lemania rules Hidden Content

  5. #145
    Member dshap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    787

    Re: The New Isofrane

    Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Because you're not telling them directly that you want one. Isofrane isn't a huge company, so they're entering the market very cautiously. They're not going to produce three different sizes, in tons of colors and just sit back an hope everyone buys them.

    The Isofrane guys are PloProf guys, that's why they started with the 24mm. They do have plans for other sizes, other colors, and even other styles, but they're savvy and they're going to wait to release them when they feel the demand is there, and the time is right.

    If you really want a 20mm strap, send them a direct email telling them so. That's how they're listening, and that's how you'll get what you want.
    As a matter of fact, I sent them a simple, friendly email a month or two ago asking for an update on when others sizes would be released.

    They never bothered to respond.
    -David

  6. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,142

    Re: The New Isofrane

    if you are looking for some rubber straps have a look at www.bonettocinturini.it they have supplied Tag-Heuer Super Professional 1000, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, and many Squale dive watches, just to mention a few, in the 1960's and 1970's

    in my opinion they are the best and not expensive

  7. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapperswil (near Zurich), Switzerland
    Posts
    37

    Re: The New Isofrane

    Hi

    I have seen this website but where can I buy these straps?

    Juerg

  8. #148
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,142

    Re: The New Isofrane

    Quote Originally Posted by waedi View Post
    Hi

    I have seen this website but where can I buy these straps?

    Juerg
    most of the online stores carry them, but not the all collection, you can email directly the factory and ask where to buy in your country

  9. #149
    Member Nalu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    5,381

    Re: The New Isofrane

    Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    See sizes/colors update added to the comparative review thread
    Quote Originally Posted by dshap View Post
    As a matter of fact, I sent them a simple, friendly email a month or two ago asking for an update on when others sizes would be released.

    They never bothered to respond.
    The emails from numerous people have had an effect, see to update to my review.
    "Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

  10. #150
    Member Nalu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    5,381

    Re: The New Isofrane

    Quote Originally Posted by Casanova Jr. View Post
    if you are looking for some rubber straps have a look at Bonettocinturini they have supplied Tag-Heuer Super Professional 1000, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, and many Squale dive watches, just to mention a few, in the 1960's and 1970's

    in my opinion they are the best and not expensive
    Indeed these folks seem to have supplied several notable companies with OEM rubber straps - I've owned a few of them. They are fairly good quality but frankly not close to be in the same league as the Isofrane in quality (vintage or new). In addition, the ones I've had smell very strongly of vanilla. To the point where they are now sitting in the strap box as I can't wear them.

    CJ, please refrain from posting links to competing sites unless they have a complementary link back to WUS, thanks.
    "Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. May 6th, 2011, 00:02

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •