The New Isofrane - Page 4
Like Tree468Likes

Thread: The New Isofrane

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: The New Isofrane

I agree they look the same and I own a Timefactors in 22mm and the silicone and PU straps from Ocean7 that look similar as well. I think the difference here and it is big is the rubber that is used. IMHO silicone should not be used for straps as they have a tendancy to break I have had several that have done this and they pick up lint. I have a feeling that these are made by Bonetto Cinturini of Italy and their rubber straps last forever. I have some of their straps since maybe about 2000 and they are still fine. I guess they are steep because Im sure they had to pay $$$$$ to have the molds made and then they have to buy so many straps as well. I checked into having straps made before and it was not cheap, I was not willing to outlay the cash for the molds and then buy 1000 straps.
    Kudos to these guys for bring these straps to market, I love quality rubber straps and will need some of these for sure.

Regards,

Ren
    Tempusfugitus likes this.

Sponsor

The vintage style one that Timefactors was selling is also from BC, if I'm not mistaken, but it is a very thin strap... I suspect these new Isofrane are big chunky versions of the same.

TF has two style 'retro' straps, the flat think w/ Bling style holes (i got mine when I purchased a PRS-50) and a later, thicker, Ladder style. The ladder style is a considerably more robust strap.
    “Watch fanatic? Hardly, I’m more of a watch strap junkie that owns a couple watches.”

Ty, Thanks for the excellent review. This looks to be the perfect stap, I'll be making a purchase when they are ready. I've purchased a couple of the O7 PU straps in the past which work well. I really like the look of the detailing, surface texture and molding quality of this Isofrane. I also like the beefy thickness of it. This strap looks like it will work very well on many of my watches.
    Dive watch fanatic since 1980
    Hidden Content

Banned

Actually here is the specs of the timefactors band, it isn't thin at all and it isn't silicone either. Mine has NO lint on it but it does attract dirt when I am working outside. I don't see mine breaking like all the Seiko rubber bands I have used in the past. But this is a sweet band all in it self. Just way to expensive for me.

Specification for the Retro band:
    • Soft and flexible polyurethane construction
    • 7mm thick at the lugs, tapering to 3.5mm thick at each end
    • Buckle side is 80mm long (excluding buckle) and the "hole" side is 130mm
    • Available in 20 & 22mm black only. 20mm is parallel and 22mm tapers to 20mm at buckle
    • Brushed stainless steel buckle with 7mm wide tang
    • Wet suit extension piece is available which fits both 20 & 22mm strap

Yes the vintage style with holes that is listed as silicone looks to be from BC (really is nbr rubber). The ladder style is not. Even though the ladder style is thicker and is listed as PU it is silicone. I was so happy that its was PU but was disapointed when it arrived and turned out to be silicone. Not a bad strap for the money but I really dislike silicone straps, I guess its my pet peeve. Darkman I really applaud you for carrying the BC straps and offereing them with your watches, it is a big deal to me at least. By the way the vintage style in 22mm that I got from you is currently on my Zodiac SSW 1000, I squeezed it in the 20mm lugs and it looks great. Will have to post some pics.

Regards,

Ren

Thanks for the info. I want some :)

Sponsor

Thanks, Ren - I love the BC straps & would LOVE to see the SSW 1000 on one -- one of my favorite watches!

If there's one thing I hate it's silicone straps. Looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
    Not saying that isn't a sweet band but it looks exactly like my timefactors retro band. Which is one of the nicest rubber bands I have ever owned.
    I own several of the TF straps and have handled a prototype of the Isofrane strap. The Isofrane strap is better built and more comfortable. Whether it's worth the difference in price is an individual decision.
    "Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. May 6th, 2011, 00:02

Thread Information