The New Isofrane - Page 5
Like Tree468Likes

Thread: The New Isofrane

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: The New Isofrane

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    I own several of the TF straps and have handled a prototype of the Isofrane strap. The Isofrane strap is better built and more comfortable. Whether it's worth the difference in price is an individual decision.
    Sweet thanks for the info.

Banned

Ty, Thanks for the review....that will look sweet on my 300T...

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by romeo-1 View Post
    Ouch...I am a huge fan of divers on rubber but $100-120? Little steep for my budget...too bad too, really nice looking strap.

Great review!
    Ahhh, who am I kidding...of course I'll be getting one! I keep coming back to this review and the more I look the more I like!
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Great review and pics! For those interested, more pics of the strap can be found here at the original ISOFRANE thread.

What's the deal with this website?

Some vintage ISOFRANE straps are heavily porous/pebbled and that is due to patina/age. When new, they did have a slight pebbled texture. The re-issue ISOFRANE straps were faithfully recreated utilizing identical molds, so that is the reason for the slight pebbled texture that Colin speaks of. The re-issue straps are of the finest quality and construction, and are extremely durable. They were torture tested for strength and durability.

They are not an imitator, they are the originator. They are not meant to be a budget strap, and hence do not have a budget price. Had they been made in the Orient, then they would have had a budget price and the quality and wearability would have reflected that. Many collectors do not like putting a cheap strap on an expensive watch.

If you've never had the pleasure of owning a vintage ISOFRANE strap, you are simply unaware of the comfort, fit, and durability that they provide. The vintage straps are extremely rare and expensive. In the past I have paid $250 USD for just one vintage ISOFRANE strap (a 20mm blue version). However, I have friends that have paid upwards of $450 for one 24mm version (red, yellow, and blue) because they are so collectible and desirable.

Besides rarity, collectibility, and design perfection; there's a reason those vintage ISOFRANE straps fetch so much money. In my opinion, they were - and probably are - the best constructed and most comfortable dive straps ever made. That was what we strived to recreate with the re-issue straps.

Excellent review Ty,

I have been a huge fan of the Vintage Isofrane straps for many years now and am very fortunate to have them on several of my Vintage Dive Watches. The fact that 40 Year old Rubber straps are still going strong is a testament to their build quality.

The New Isofrane is a very welcome arrival . I have long wanted a Rubber Strap of this quality to re-appear. I was fortunate to receive an early Prototype and have worn it regularly on my Kobold Arctic Diver and Ennebi Fondale . The build quality is top notch and for anyone fortunate enough to own Vintage Isofrane`s you will love the new strap. For everyone else this is a strap that will work beautifully for many,many years to come and imho will prove to be fantastic value for money over time.

The design and feel is faithful to the Original . Nice feel on the wrist ( no hair pulling ) , not a lint magnet , can get a perfect fit due to the amount of holes and their proximity ( just like the Vintage ), and can balance a heavy watch head easily.

I will take some more snaps of the Prototype soon ,but here are a few Q & D`s on my Arctic Diver . I will also add a bunch of pics of Vintage Isofranes.
    I am looking forward to owning many New Isofrane straps and can`t wait for the 22mm & 20mm sizes too for some of my Vintage Pieces . Some fun colors could be very cool too .

Cheers,
    Vic

Vintage Isofrane ... they were standard on many Classic Vintage Divers

Wish I still had this one ...

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    For now, they told me to just keep checking the website, as the launch could be any day now.
    From the site I see that the Synchron Group is making/selling these straps, cool. We've been hearing that the family was going to start Synchron up again, it will be interesting to see what other of their brands they bring back.
    The straps look good, may have to get one and try it out.
    DW

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Boyd View Post
    Wish I still had this one ...

Victor, you have/had all the best toys, lol. My 1000m is long gone, for that matter so is the 500m, can't keep them all.
    DW

Love those photos, Vic.
    Can't wait till the new one is available.
    "Gentlemen, we should synchronize our watches."

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
    Oh I know... but we'd have to get 50+ buckles together before that becomes an affordable option.

I just think that Isofrane should have these as an option eventually.
    Good news Feyd, PVD buckles will be available by the time the straps are ready to ship.

...and guys, glad you've enjoyed the review and thanks for the compliments.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

sweet. I'm in.

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. May 6th, 2011, 00:02

Thread Information