The New Isofrane - Page 9
Like Tree356Likes

Thread: The New Isofrane

-->
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Re: The New Isofrane

Quote Originally Posted by suddha View Post
    I know where my Isofrane will go...
    Jason, The new Ploprof and new Isofrane strap will be the perfect combo.
    Dive watch fanatic since 1980

I've been looking for a bracelet to mate up with my blasted MkII Sea Fighter to little success. I received the watch from MkII with a generic stiff rubber strap...they were out of their nice soft ribbed strap at the time. I've never liked it much, but yesterday I slipped on the metal keeper from the even worse Eco-Zilla rubber strap and it did improve the looks, if not the comfort.

I do seem to remember somebody mentioning a bracelet that's now available from MkII, but I cant seem to find any info on it. Failing that, now I'm thinking that this Isofrane strap may be the way to go.

I've never seen or handled one, and know nothing about the history other than what I've read here. I hope it's really as comfortable as some here claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
    I've never seen or handled one, and know nothing about the history other than what I've read here. I hope it's really as comfortable as some here claim.

I did have a Isofrane model from the 80s and I must say it was the best strap I ever had. If you rince out our watch after diving (if you dive) It should last for many years!

Cheers!

Alex
    Time is an illusion.
    Time does not exist.
    Time is an artificial unit created to give us the illusion of control.
    Time is the product of our focus on a linear existence, but our true existence is circular.'.

all this waiting it mighty painful

I have a MKII Seafighter on a Watchadoo. Love it! The straight end links work fine with this watch. Not sure if that would interest you or not. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
    I've been looking for a bracelet to mate up with my blasted MkII Sea Fighter to little success. I received the watch from MkII with a generic stiff rubber strap...they were out of their nice soft ribbed strap at the time. I've never liked it much, but yesterday I slipped on the metal keeper from the even worse Eco-Zilla rubber strap and it did improve the looks, if not the comfort.

I do seem to remember somebody mentioning a bracelet that's now available from MkII, but I cant seem to find any info on it. Failing that, now I'm thinking that this Isofrane strap may be the way to go.

If I bleat when I speak, it's because I've just been fleeced!

Al Swearengen

Quote Originally Posted by Swengen View Post
    I have a MKII Seafighter on a Watchadoo. Love it! The straight end links work fine with this watch. Not sure if that would interest you or not. Good luck.
    Good thought, but it seems like every watch I have is on a Watchadoo.
    I want to try something different on the Sea Fighter.

Banned

I hear you...I have it in my favorites right on the tool bar....first click when I hit the net now....

Quote Originally Posted by DEMO111 View Post
    Jason, The new Ploprof and new Isofrane strap will be the perfect combo.
    I've been comparing the new Isofrane to the vintage isofrane to the PO rubber to the 1200m rubber, and for anyone who has the 1200m rubber it's very good. Of course with the clasp it's 3-4 times the price of the Isofrane and is solid, thick rubber so it may not be as comfortable in hot weather.

Pics and detailed comparison to follow in a separate thread.
    "Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

I was lucky enough to attend a GTG last night and met an awesome dive watch collector who had an Isofrane prototype and all I can say is that this strap is incredible. It was comfortable and well made. I was afraid it might be too long for my 6 1/2 inch wrist and though it was long it worked. It was also mounted on a Kobold AD which is a big watch and still worked. I was on the fence prior to trying it due to the length, but this is a must have strap.
    Regards

Barry

like everyone else... still waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. May 6th, 2011, 01:02

Thread Information