Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New and redesigned: Ulysse Nardin Marine Diver

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Watchuseek Editor

New and redesigned: Ulysse Nardin Marine Diver

Name:  Ulysse Nardin Marine Diver close up.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  162.5 KB

The new Ulysse Nardin Marine Diver represents everything that the Le Locle based watchmaker is about. The dial, in blue or black, is decorated with a wave-like motif with the famous Ulysse Nardin logo featured at 3 o’clock on the dial.

Name:  Engraved caseback.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  176.7 KB

The same wave motif ornamentation is echoed on the bezel. The solid case-back reveals an engraving of a boat surrounded by the inscription: “Conquer the ocean.” This embellishes a new case with extended lugs and taut, sleek lines intended for tough, ocean going conditions.

A true diver, the watch is water resistant to 300 metres and features a lock-down crown and case back. As with all unidirectional rotating bezels, this one prevents any accidental adjustment to the dive time. For the same safety reasons, every aspect of the new Marine Diver has been designed to facilitate the reading of its indications:

The 44 mm face displays large hour-markers and hands with a white luminescent coating and a red stripe, for improved visibility.

The small seconds at 6 o'clock are also oversized, offering a reassuring sign that the watch is functioning as it should, even in the water’s murky depths. Lastly, the claw-shaped rubber molding over the crown ensures it is easy to grip, even with diving gloves.

Name:  Ulysse Nardin Marine Diver.jpg
Views: 1334
Size:  233.9 KB

The watch is powered by the self-winding UN-26 with a power reserve of 42 hours. The new Marine Diver displays, in addition to its time functions, the date in an aperture at 6 o’clock and the power reserve in a counter at 12 o’clock. The watch is available in steel, mounted on a rubber strap or steel bracelet.

Specifications

Reference 263-10-3/92 Marine Diver
    Movement Caliber UN-26 Power reserve Approximately 42 hours
    Winding Self-winding
    Functions Power reserve indicator at 12 o’clock Small seconds and round date window at 6 o’clock
    Case Stainless steel
    Diameter 44 mm
    Bezel Unidirectional rotating bezel
    Crown Screw-down security crown
    Water-resistance 300 m Crystal Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
    Bracelet Exclusive rubber strap with titanium elements and deployant clasp or stainless steel

Visit the Ulysse Nardin website

Re: New and redesigned: Ulysse Nardin Marine Diver

I like the old one better. It was a bit too busy looking but the new one puts it to shame. Too much going on with that for me. If they had taken the old model and just removed the textured waves and simplified the rubber strap I would like it more. The red stripes everywhere - what were they thinking?

1 colour too many in this design, at least on the blue version. I'd loved to have seen the red on the black model replaces by orange, may as well maintain the façade that these are "dive" watches.
    One watch, two watch, three watch, divorce.

It looks like they took my advice and put some lume on the seconds hand, I'll have to try it sometime.
    Casio G-Shock Solar Frogman (GW-200Z), Citizen Promaster Titanium Aqualand (JV0051-60E), Seiko Prospex Solar Diver (SBDN003), Certina DS Action Diver Chronograph (C013.427.11.041.00), Rolex Submariner (114060), Omega Seamaster Professional (2255.80.00), Tudor Hydronaut II (20030-93570), Longines Pocket Watch (L7.012.4)

Looks like an Invicta or a Deep Blue offering. I'll pass.
    Toothbras likes this.
    Hidden Content "...It's a trap!"

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Sorry, but that watch is not lighting my candle.
    Scott

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

I like it! Sporty and classy... It floats my boat! (Pun intended) :)

I have yet to find a Ulysse Nardin that I think has any design appeal.

Whole case and specially lugs look great. Very nice design. Strap is also good looking. Dial is a piece of art but is suffering business. There is obviously one colour too much, red. I guess that there will be a lot of (better) variations in a future.

UN's designers really do have talent, but they just tend to take things 1-2 steps beyond what they should be. If they would just scale things back a bit, it wouldn't be near as gaudy looking.
    Where I come from, we don't whip, and we sure as hell don't nae nae.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information