NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle - Page 19
Like Tree964Likes

Thread: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

Hey guys. I've never worn a bracelet before and figured I'd give this Padi bracelet a go. Does sizing a Seiko require a specific size tool or will any kit do? Many kits on eBay, not sure where to start. Thanks.
    Last edited by Paul Ramon; August 16th, 2016 at 09:13.

Received my email from DePaula's as well. Paid a little extra for overnight shipping because impatience is a virtue, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Horoticus and Buchmann69 like this.

"In Transit"...

Due Thursday. Oh, the agony!
    Buchmann69 likes this.

Well, Spoke to Lynn and got mine shipped to my work via the preferred shipping method.
    I can't wait for it to arrive. Definitely looking forward to seeing all the pics. Crossing finger
    the misalignment on the bezel won't be to off when I get mine.

Cheers
    Steve
    Horoticus and Buchmann69 like this.

Really beautiful watch. Been noticing the misaligned chapter ring pics on Turtles in general and thats what has held me up on pulling the trigger. Maybe its my ocd but spending over $300 I want better alignment. My skx007 is spot on. Come on Seiko tune up those robots and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by thraxeh View Post
    I just received my PADI SRPA21 watch, its been a long time since I have bought a new Seiko(my collection consists of vintage pieces) so its been an extra exciting experience for me. I preordered from CTG Watch a few months ago when they first opened the preorders. They shipped it out to me this week with Express shipping from Hong Kong and I received it today, the package still had its original sealed plastic around the outer box.

My experience with CTG was overall really good. I noticed some people had issues with them in the past, so I thought I would put this out there to maybe calm the nerves of anyone else who has a preorder with them.

So now with that out of the way, lets get onto the watch... first impressions were great, the watch really looks really good, feels nice and as a diver should... HOWEVER... My PADI SRPA21 clearly has a misaligned chapter ring.

Very disappointing from Seiko. So I guess this issue isn't only occurring with the normal reissues, god forbid I wonder if the Zimbe has the same problem.

Attachment 8958058
    Last edited by marco escobar; August 17th, 2016 at 02:29.
    Because one is not enough!

Quote Originally Posted by marco escobar View Post
    Come on Seiko tune up those robots and fix it.
    Seiko/Epson demonstrated its new S250 series force sensor for six-axis and SCARA robots at AUTOMATICA 2016 in Munich in June. Perhaps the improved feel force, now down to 0.1 N "allowing the robots to automate complex tasks such as precisely assembling delicate components" will solve the misaligned chapter ring issue going forward.

Epson Video from AUTOMATICA 2016 on YouTube >>
    Last edited by banderor; August 17th, 2016 at 05:01. Reason: No luck embedding YouTube video tonight, so added a direct link instead
    marco escobar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ramon View Post
    Hey guys. I've never worn a bracelet before and figured I'd give this Padi bracelet a go. Does sizing a Seiko require a specific size tool or will any kit do? Many kits on eBay, not sure where to start. Thanks.
    Not sure a specific kit is required. The key tools are a pin pusher (aka watch link remover, $6.00 on Jeff Bezos' site), a pair of pliers (sometimes required to pull pin the rest of the way out, $1.00 at dollar store), a thumbtack (to push in the collars if it is Monster style, .035 cents), and - with Seiko - a boatload of frustration tolerance (priceless).

If this is your first bracelet, I would advise taking it to your local jeweler, etc. and make sure you tell them it is a pin and collar system and double check that they have experience with them. If they hesitate at all, go to the next place. I have sized many, many of these but I remember all too well that the p.i.a. quotient of the first ones (scratched links, lost collars, etc.) definitely complicated the new watch experience. Personally, I would save the d.i.y. efforts for a lower end Seiko. Good Luck.
    Paul Ramon likes this.
    Hidden Content
    ~Citizen~Seiko~Orient~Korsbek~Doxa~Sinn~Stowa~

Quote Originally Posted by GunWale View Post
    Not sure a specific kit is required. The key tools are a pin pusher (aka watch link remover, $6.00 on Jeff Bezos' site), a pair of pliers (sometimes required to pull pin the rest of the way out, $1.00 at dollar store), a thumbtack (to push in the collars if it is Monster style, .035 cents), and - with Seiko - a boatload of frustration tolerance (priceless).

If this is your first bracelet, I would advise taking it to your local jeweler, etc. and make sure you tell them it is a pin and collar system and double check that they have experience with them. If they hesitate at all, go to the next place. I have sized many, many of these but I remember all too well that the p.i.a. quotient of the first ones (scratched links, lost collars, etc.) definitely complicated the new watch experience. Personally, I would save the d.i.y. efforts for a lower end Seiko. Good Luck.

Thank You. Advice taken!

Professional Association of Diving Instructors. The world's leading scuba diver training organization.

Best,
    C.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

And all of this time I was sure it was.....
    P - Positively
    A - Awesome
    D - Diver's
    I - Instrument

My mistake

EBenke

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast