NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle - Page 26
Like Tree955Likes

Thread: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ramon View Post
    Just arrived from DePaula. Chapter ring is just a sliver off at 12, guess I consider that close to perfect for Seiko. Almost lucked out with bracelet sizing, came close out of the box but I'll probably take a link or two out to snug it up a bit more. I'm liking it a lot.

Attachment 9107234
    Mine is from DePaulas too. I was hoping they would check that! If they did, we probably wouldn't have our right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chadwright View Post
    I received mine from DaPaula's today. It came in a white box, which I'm okay with as it'll go in the giant stack of watch boxes in the top of my closet and I'll never see it again.

My chapter ring is badly misaligned.

Overall the watch is amazing. I love the sunburst dial, red minute hand and applied markers. Despite being 45mm, it wears incredibly well. Very comfortable size. I also like that the second hand is polished metal on the tip as apposed to the white paint on the 009.

It took three jewelers before I found someone who could resize the bracelet because of that collar system. Overall the bracelet is disappointing. Outside of the pain of sizing, it's rattles more than I'd like.

The bezel is the only other disappointing part. It's difficult to turn and the click feels really cheap. See Steinhart for a good example of how a bezel should click.

Despite those complaints I'm in love with this watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have the same complaints! I'm thinking I shouldn't have gotten rid of my Monster!

It's really interesting to hear someone say Seiko could learn from Steinhart on bezel action. I can't wait to get mine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
    It's really interesting to hear someone say Seiko could learn from Steinhart on bezel action. I can't wait to get mine now.
    The bezel action on mine is silky smooth. For $350 it really is very smooth with 120 distinct clicks.
    Buchmann69, Dec1968 and stevens315 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
    It's all opinion but the two Steinhart divers I own have a very distinct click when turning the bezel. The PADI turtle feels very different. Just not my preference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a question.. Does the PADI fit a 7" wrist. Can some of you show an image of the watch on 7" wrist or less than 7"

Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro, White Dial
    Omega P.O. Chronometer 8900; 215.90.44.21.99.001
    Omega P.O. Chronometer 8900; 215.30.44.21.03.001
    Seiko PADI; Pepsi Bezel
    Sinn T1-B
    Sinn T2-B
    Tudor Pelagos; LHD

Quote Originally Posted by ceebee View Post
    I have a question.. Does the PADI fit a 7" wrist. Can some of you show an image of the watch on 7" wrist or less than 7"

My wrist is around 7" I think. It's very comfortable on my wrist. The 45mm worried me as my comfort zone is 38-42, but the cushion case really is an incredible design. It doesn't wear anywhere close to 45mm.

Quote Originally Posted by ceebee View Post

ceebee -- You show that you have a Turtle re-issue in your sig? Nothing different about the PADI. It's still the same buddy.
    Should fit you better than any of your other watches. The 6309 & re-issue are the most comfortable of any watch I've owned. Flat 7" wrist here.

RD
    T-hunter and stevens315 like this.
    "Yeah, it's basically a block of steel with a movement inside. Part of the charm." daschlag

Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    ceebee -- You show that you have a Turtle re-issue in your sig? Nothing different about the PADI. It's still the same buddy.
    Should fit you better than any of your other watches. The 6309 & re-issue are the most comfortable of any watch I've owned. Flat 7" wrist here.

RD
    Hi RD,

Sorry everybody, please forgive my ignorance. I love my turtle re-issue and it fits like a glove. I was wondering why others were showing their reissue turtle when I was asking about the PADI. I did not realize the re-issue turtle was 45mm, I guess because it fit so well.
    That answers my question and a PADI it will be:)

Thanks again,

Chris
    Riddim Driven likes this.
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro, White Dial
    Omega P.O. Chronometer 8900; 215.90.44.21.99.001
    Omega P.O. Chronometer 8900; 215.30.44.21.03.001
    Seiko PADI; Pepsi Bezel
    Sinn T1-B
    Sinn T2-B
    Tudor Pelagos; LHD

I didn't even realize it was 45mm! It doesn't wear that big for my little wrist. I will have to say it fits me better on a rubber. I'm selling mine because I just can't get into the case shape. I love everything else about it. My main reason for buying it was that I'm a scuba diver and I was certified by PADI.

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information