NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle - Page 30
Like Tree972Likes

Thread: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 504
  1. #291
    Member georgy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    96

    Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle


  2. #292
    Member Riddim Driven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Maine USA > to 3rd world Florida
    Posts
    2,647

    Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

    Quote Originally Posted by georgy View Post
    Ha ha - Well done! Exquisite! I was waiting for the first one of these to show. I immediately thought of the same. I love the Pepsi PADI dial, & bezel, but "pepsi's" don't stay in the group very long for some reason.

    So now tell us what you did. Looks like sapphire crystal, and where is the bezel insert from please. Was it a straight swap from a blue "turtle"....... or

    Good one!

    RD
    Last edited by Riddim Driven; August 24th, 2016 at 15:07.
    georgy likes this.
    "Yeah, it's basically a block of steel with a movement inside. Part of the charm." daschlag

  3. #293
    Member georgy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    96

    Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    Ha ha - Well done! Exquisite! I was waiting for the first one of these to show. I immediately thought of the same. I love the Pepsi PADI dial, & bezel, but "pepsi's" don't stay in the group very long for some reason.

    So now tell us what you did. Looks like sapphire crystal, and where is the bezel insert from please. Was it a straight swap from a blue "turtle"....... or

    Good one!

    RD
    Change the crystal to double domed sapphire, and thd insert as well... And both from yobokies.

    Thanks Riddim.
    Riddim Driven likes this.

  4. #294
    Member Riddim Driven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Maine USA > to 3rd world Florida
    Posts
    2,647

    Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

    Quote Originally Posted by georgy View Post
    Change the crystal to double domed sapphire, and thd insert as well... And both from yobokies.

    Thanks Riddim.
    Brilliant! Good ole "yobokies". I like his domed sapphire crystals best. They seem to be more "live" somehow.

    I spent enough modding a pair of 6309's & many SKX's. Swore off that aspect of watchery now, but wouldn't hesitate to make that change if I hadn't surpassed the phase LOL

    Thanks & enjoy!

    RD
    georgy likes this.
    "Yeah, it's basically a block of steel with a movement inside. Part of the charm." daschlag

  5. #295
    Member georgy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    96

    Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    Brilliant! Good ole "yobokies". I like his domed sapphire crystals best. They seem to be more "live" somehow.

    I spent enough modding a pair of 6309's & many SKX's. Swore off that aspect of watchery now, but wouldn't hesitate to make that change if I hadn't surpassed the phase LOL

    Thanks & enjoy!

    RD
    I like the new padi watch... But when I got it, the first day I felt like something's missin... That's why I made the mod..
    Again, thanks Riddim.
    Riddim Driven likes this.

  6. #296
    Member Buchmann69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Little Rock, AR, USA
    Posts
    4,321

    Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

    Name:  IMG_2721.JPG
Views: 811
Size:  457.3 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #297
    Member shelfcompact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    471

    Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

    Oh man, I finally took my watch out from DePaula's to take a good look at it, and it has a very visible white particle or mark on the chapter ring under the glass, to the right of the 12 o'clock marker.

    It's too big to ignore and ruins the dial as I zero in on it each time I look.
    Writing them today to see what can be done, but I fear they won't have any more stock... :(

  8. #298
    Member diver1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    528

    Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

    Quote Originally Posted by georgy View Post
    What perfect package you got there, it's got that look.
    georgy likes this.
    Nam 67-69 USMC

  9. #299
    Member shelfcompact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    471

    Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfcompact View Post
    Oh man, I finally took my watch out from DePaula's to take a good look at it, and it has a very visible white particle or mark on the chapter ring under the glass, to the right of the 12 o'clock marker.

    It's too big to ignore and ruins the dial as I zero in on it each time I look.
    Writing them today to see what can be done, but I fear they won't have any more stock... :(

    Here's a picture for reference.

    https://flic.kr/p/KxHtUQ
    Last edited by shelfcompact; August 24th, 2016 at 18:53.

  10. #300
    Member Pro Diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    South of Lake Ontario
    Posts
    2,811

    Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

    Quote Originally Posted by v1vne View Post
    I just received a tracking number from Mimos Jewelry and watches in Long Beach, Ca.,
    for the PADI I ordered.
    https://mimosjewelry.com/
    Better price then Sears, or J.C. Penny.
    Free shipping, no tax and a SRP777 Turtle strap.
    Serial number is 6700 July 2016 last two numbers are under 70, I saw one that the last three was 248.
    Rumor control from Mimo is that the U.S.A. will only receive 1000 PADI Turtles.
    I also saw serial numbers starting with 66, June 2016.
    If anyone has, has or seen a PADI Turtle with a Serial number over 500, or (66500,67500).
    I think a lot of people would like to know if it is limited, or is Seiko going to sell as many as they can.
    Please advise about any seial numbers over 500.

    If you call Mimo, tell him V1VNE, referred you, call for best deals. Web site only shows retail price.
    I have 670707. This is SPECIAL EDITION but I don't think that it is a numbered edition.

    mtbmike and Spring-Diver like this.

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 11
      Last Post: March 20th, 2016, 02:00
    2. SEIKO Automatic DIVER's PADI Ref. SRPA21
      By Watchuseek Feeds in forum Bloggers United
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: March 10th, 2016, 14:50
    3. SEIKO Kinetic GMT DIVER's PADI Ref. SUN065
      By Watchuseek Feeds in forum Bloggers United
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: March 10th, 2016, 14:50
    4. Replies: 34
      Last Post: January 12th, 2016, 11:47
    5. How many of you have your PADI and where did you do it?
      By general_piffle in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 44
      Last Post: March 11th, 2013, 02:27

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •