NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle - Page 32
Like Tree972Likes

Thread: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Re: NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

Tried the PADI on at the official Seiko boutique in NYC today – chapter ring was laughably out of alignment, and the sales guy didn't seem to even notice. Insanely beautiful dial, bummer about the ring. This is definitely my Seiko, as I'm a PADI-certified diver, but guess the search continues for my own.

Returned from holiday today to find a box on my office desk, opened it up to find my new PADI diver, definitely took the sting out of the 900+ emails I've had to go through all morning. Mine has a very slight misalignment but nothing to get all worked up about, and besides it's something that can be addressed if I get the crystal swapped out for an aftermarket DD offering. Haven't taken the wrapping off yet but seems to fit great on my 7.25" wrist. Also came with the LE PADI box which is a nice touch.

if you have time and wheels go the Seiko Outlet store in Elizabeth, NJ which is close to Newark Airport. They had some PADIs. I got mine there and specifically asked the Manager to pick out one which was aligned the best. He only had 2 left from the 10 he got last weekend , but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by sfnewguy View Post
    if you have time and wheels go the Seiko Outlet store in Elizabeth, NJ which is close to Newark Airport. They had some PADIs. I got mine there and specifically asked the Manager to pick out one which was aligned the best. He only had 2 left from the 10 he got last weekend , but you never know.
    Did he have the white box or LE box?

Got mine from DePaula's today....LOVE the watch. Seiko couldn't have had done it any better with the metallic blue dial with pepsi bezel !!

And yes...the markers are chrome accented but it's very faint (looks like it's not polished at all like Orient/VSA divers ). Mine's running a little fast but that's typical of Seiko movements in this price range and it breaks in just fine after a week of wear (from my own experience).

The bracelet is surprisingly decent but it's too much 'bling' considering this is a large dive watch (for my 6.75" wrist). Currently on a 6mm padded Bob calf strap but will be ordering a 22mm black leather nato tomorrow.

Future upgrade would be a AR coated sapphire and that'd be it. It will be hard to switch to anything other than this for weekend wear now !!

Current Rotation: || Breitling SuperOcean Chrono, Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire, GShock Gulfman/GW2310, Timex Weekender ||
    Flipped? Too many to mention Hidden Content (Tag, Hamilton, Tissot, Casio, Suunto, etc)

cpl

I got mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting mine on Saturday from AD in Toronto. Can't wait. Manager promised to put one aside that has proper alignment.
    I'm guessing my SKX009 will have to go. Too similar in appearance and the PADI having far superior movement and the SKX being too small, pretty much no chance for the 009 to stay.. sigh
    Last edited by ogadjim; August 26th, 2016 at 22:05.

Quote Originally Posted by ogadjim View Post
    Getting mine on Saturday from AD in Toronto. Can't wait. Manager promised to put one aside that has proper alignment.
    I'm guessing my SKX009 will have to go. Too similar in appearance and the PADI having far superior movement and the SKX being too small, pretty much no chance for the 009 to stay.. sigh
    The only reason I'm keeping my 009 is because it was my first mechanical watch ever. Hard to see it getting the nod over the PADI though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sfnewguy View Post
    Was thinking of dropping by there. How do their prices compare vs. online?

Quote Originally Posted by shelfcompact View Post
    Here's a picture for reference.

https://flic.kr/p/KxHtUQ
    Yeah, it's there.

Just get a sapphire crystal put in and resolve it.

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information