219K views 534 replies 200 participants last post by  Jeep99dad 
#1 ·
#381 ·
What's the best place to order from?

anyone experience quality issues ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah

Reactions: cpl
#382 ·
I got pink slipped Saturday, and just picked it up today! It's a beaut! This was my original path, but then got side tracked snagging the "Zimbe", which I loved but realized I couldn't afford. I sadly bid that one farewell, and got back on track with the PADI.

How long it retains the "pepsi" tradition I can't say, but the watch itself will definitely be retained :)

I would assume there are more than 1200 of these for the USA, and I've been told they should be available going to Christmas, then fall off. I expect that will leave plenty in circulation. To restate, it's a "special edition" not "limited edition" ;-)

RD

Reactions: Jeep99dad
#384 · (Edited)
In regards to sourcing, I'd like to thank new WUS member "V1VNE" for the lead on Mimo's Jewelry & Watches in Long Beach CA. Excellent service! A great Seiko source. Really thoughtful packing and prompt free shipping. Go to his web site: http://mimosjewelry.com See if you can use "seik30" for 30% Off. It gets you a very competitive price and he does have some inventory ;-)

Initially it says Seik20, but just try the seik30 wink wink

Thanks again V1VNE -- good source!

RD

Reactions: cpl
#385 ·
These are great watches. Definitely a keeper. I may have to invest in other configurations.

The bezel and markers are perfectly aligned on this one. Very happy after the tortuous wait.

#387 ·
Wears very nicely. A little more flush and not quite as thick as a SKX.

SRP Turtles next to my SKX007J Bottom right.

Attachments

#404 ·
I know I'm late to this party, but my Padi Turtle (srpa21) just arrived today and I wanted to share a few photos.

Wrist Steering part Steering wheel Watch Hand

I should have known when I bought my first modern Turtle that I wouldn't be able to stop there. Loved the srp777, so it was only a matter of time before I cracked and picked up a second version.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

I removed the bracelet right away (it's just okay, not great) and have been having fun swapping rubber and various natos all afternoon.

The Padi Turtle put me very much in mind of an old review I once read about the skx007/009 divers - something about how if you ever wanted to wear a Jeep on your wrist then this is the watch for you. That was a perspicacious comment then (sorry I can't cite the review or author - this was years ago), and I'm getting a similar vibe today.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Strap

#406 ·
I know I'm late to this party, but my Padi Turtle (srpa21) just arrived today and I wanted to share a few photos. The Padi Turtle put me very much in mind of an old review I once read about the skx007/009 divers - something about how if you ever wanted to wear a Jeep on your wrist then this is the watch for you. That was a perspicacious comment then (sorry I can't cite the review or author - this was years ago), and I'm getting a similar vibe today.

View attachment 9392018
I've been surprised how well the blue and red matches up with a lot of different straps. Agree that it seems tough as nails - I only wish it had a sapphire crystal.

#413 ·
I think it's safe to say yes. It will be interesting, as these continue to saturate, how low they will go. Lots of retailers seem to have plenty and, at some point, the trajectory of stock vs. customers gets inverted. Looks like the current average price is hovering around $380-ish. Is $300 a one-time fluke? Probably not ~ but will take a little more time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.