WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

NEW Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle

219K views 534 replies 200 participants last post by  Jeep99dad 
#1 ·
#7 ·
That's kinda cool!

Sent using rock, paper scissor!

#10 ·
Here's the rest of the story -- posted over on TZ by fellow forum member Jorge Merino

N E W M o d e l s - Seiko PADI Divers Automatic and Kinetic
Tue, 08 March 2016 13:33

Seiko Announces a Partnership with PADI, the World's Largest Diving Network

Since the launch of Seiko's first diver's watch in 1965, Seiko has brought to professional divers a stream of innovative new technologies and designs that have made diving safer and easier for the professional and recreational diver alike. These innovations include the world's first titanium diver's watch in 1975, the first diver's watch with a ceramic outer case in 1986 and the first Nitrox Dive Computer watch in 2000. Thanks to these advances and to the supreme quality of their diver's watches, Seiko has earned a high reputation of trust in the diving community.

By a strange co-incidence, a few months after Seiko's first diver's watch appeared two American dive enthusiasts decided that standards of training in diving needed to be raised and founded the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI). Over the past fifty years, PADI has become the world's most trusted scuba diving training organization. With over 6,300 Dive Centers and more than 136,000 qualified PADI professional instructors around the world, PADI has issued an amazing 24 million certifications and has done more than any other organization to introduce diving to the world.

Seiko and PADI share a passion for ensuring the safety and enjoyment of divers and for protection of the marine environment, so a partnership felt very right. Seiko is proud to announce its support to PADI and, in particular, its 'Project Aware' initiative. Project AWAREis a global movement of scuba divers coming together to protect our oceans - one dive at a time.

To celebrate and promote this partnership, two Prospex PADI Special Editions will be released this autumn. Both special models feature PADI's characteristic red and blue color on the dials and the bezels, and the PADI logo on the dials.

Kinetic GMT Diver's Ref. SUN065
Caliber 5M85
Powered by the movement of human body
Power reserve: Approximately 6 months
Power reserve indication at the press of a button
GMT hand with easy hour hand adjustment function
Instant-start function
Accuracy: +/-15 seconds per month (at temperatures between 5℃ and 35℃)
Specifications:
Stainless steel case
Screw case back
Screw-down crown
Water resistance: 200m
Magnetic resistance: 4,800 A/m
Diameter: 47.5mm, Thickness: 14.1mm
Silicone strap
MSRP is 630 Euros.

Automatic Diver's Ref. SRPA21
Caliber 4R36
Vibrations: 21,600 vibrations per hour (6 beats per second)
Power reserve: approximately 41 hours
Jewels: 24 jewels
Specifications:
Stainless steel case
Screw case back
Screw-down crown
Hardlex crystal
Diameter: 45.00mm, Thickness: 13.4mm
Stainless steel bracelet with three-fold clasp with secure lock, push button release with extender
MSRP is 430 Euros.

Thanks.

#16 ·

Automatic Diver's Ref. SRPA21
Caliber 4R36
Vibrations: 21,600 vibrations per hour (6 beats per second)
Power reserve: approximately 41 hours
Jewels: 24 jewels
Specifications:
Stainless steel case
Screw case back
Screw-down crown
Hardlex crystal
Diameter: 45.00mm, Thickness: 13.4mm
Stainless steel bracelet with three-fold clasp with secure lock, push button release with extender
MSRP is 430 Euros.

Thanks.
Definitely waiting for this... it's perfect watch perfect timing...

#11 ·
That is very cool. I mean project and watches as well. I have dive with padi instructors last summer and I really enjoyed it.
Never like turtle that much to consider buying one, but this one is definitely cool. SUN065 nice as well but too big for my 6.75 wrist.

#12 ·
Love that SRP PADI diver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah

#21 ·
Those would be the step siblings of this guy…..I gotta get the Kinetic GMT![IMG
][/IMG
]

#25 ·
Wow! is that a sunburst/metallic blue dial? I admit I haven't been too hot for the turtle but this model is a looker, hope it's not going to come with LE pricing though.

Reactions: vladg
#31 ·
Keep on it please. :) I haven't made a move on the reissue as yet, and I am pretty keen on the PADI model. A bit gaudy in some respect, but suits my environment nicely. Sporty is "in" for me ;-)

I'm sure the whole team will be watching for this one. Long way 'till fall, but no money down, no drama. Yay!

RD

Reactions: T-hunter
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.