New watch! Squale 30 Atmos Classic Ceramica
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New watch! Squale 30 Atmos Classic Ceramica

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New watch! Squale 30 Atmos Classic Ceramica

Hey WUSers!
    I have a long story here because it is one of my first posts, but bare with me! I was recently obsessed with getting either a Submariner or a Seamaster. I went watch hunting throughout San Francisco and Los Angeles for the last 2 months. Tried a ton of brands and watches, but only the Submariner or Seamaster really interested me. I heard about Squale and Steinhart from some famous YouTubers and, after some research, I thought, why not? $600 and specs are really good. At that price, I expected maybe some imperfect execution and a big flaw or two. Either way, the price was $600 compared to $4,000 for the new ceramic Seamaster I was seriously considering. So I ordered the Squale 30 Classic Ceramica, but I was pretty much expecting a decent imitation and nothing more.

When I opened the box today, I just kept saying "what?" out loud over and over again. The quality of the watch took me by surprise. The case, bezel, dial, crystal, and bracelet all looked very high quality. I love how the dial turns blue in direct light. The bezel is just top quality in its shine and engraving. The bracelet feels substantial though it doesn't seem to be as good quality or as delicate as my Baume Mercier 8688, but it feels right for its purpose.

Anyways, I am happily surprised. I know it is a homage and a crazy accurate one at that, but I am not embarrassed to wear this considering what a quality product this is. I am actually very proud to wear this. It makes me question the value of the Rolex. I think I will be seeing another Squale in my future.

Name:  20170216_011130.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  2.14 MBName:  20170216_011254.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  2.08 MBName:  20170216_011304.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  2.15 MBName:  20170216_011359.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  2.24 MB
    HIAZAK and Crazy Cajun like this.

Re: New watch! Squale 30 Atmos Classic Ceramica

Thanks for sharing. I've been going back and forth between this version and the 20 atmos classic. Trying to figure which would go best with my 7.25 inch wrist. I really like the price on the 30 atmos.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's a great watch, actually nicer than the Rolex in my opinion.. The antireflective coating on the Squale is top shelf.. You know Rolex doesn't even have antireflective coating on their crystals

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Various Seiko's
    Armida A1 Brass
    Omega Seamaster Chrono
    Orient Ray Orange
    Orient Mako USA
    Panerai 104

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Nice watch, I like that one myself.

Shame this looks like it might turn into another Rolex bashing fest though. Don't know why people can't just enjoy what they get without feeling the need to disparage others. the Squale is what it is, as is the Rolex.
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

The 1545 is a lovely bit of kit. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by HIAZAK View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I've been going back and forth between this version and the 20 atmos classic. Trying to figure which would go best with my 7.25 inch wrist. I really like the price on the 30 atmos.

If it helps, I have a 7" wrist and the watch fits but with presence. Both of my watches are 42mm which seems to be near the limit of a watch that fits me. My wrists are about 52mm with my wrists turned in and about 65mm when turned out which is both below the 49mm lug to lug measurement of the 30 atmos. A 40mm rollie fits more refined while the Squale is a bit more modern.
    Name:  20170205_162545.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  2.10 MBName:  20170205_162553.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  1.95 MBName:  20170216_121200.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  2.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by hidden by leaves View Post
    Nice watch, I like that one myself.

Shame this looks like it might turn into another Rolex bashing fest though. Don't know why people can't just enjoy what they get without feeling the need to disparage others. the Squale is what it is, as is the Rolex.
    Squale has done such a good job on this watch that it makes me question the value of a lot of watches which includes a lot of the dive watches I tried in the last 2 months, like Omega, Tag Heuer, Tudor, Oris, Longines, Seiko, etc. I definitely didn't mean to sound like I was bashing Rolex. I'm just impressed with what I received for less than $600. I still plan to add a Submariner to my collection, but I also plan to add a non-homage Squale to my collection as well.
    hidden by leaves likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabello1 View Post
    That's a great watch, actually nicer than the Rolex in my opinion.. The antireflective coating on the Squale is top shelf.. You know Rolex doesn't even have antireflective coating on their crystals

May that be the reason the Squale dial looks blue at certain lights? An effect from AR coating? Maybe Rolex wanted to keep the dial looking black, but I agree. I'm impressed with all I got with the 30 atmos.

Thanks wind021 for the additional wrist shots and sizing information. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by wind021 View Post
    May that be the reason the Squale dial looks blue at certain lights? An effect from AR coating? Maybe Rolex wanted to keep the dial looking black, but I agree. I'm impressed with all I got with the 30 atmos.
    Yes the blue is probably from the antireflective coating on this watch, but that being said there are some very high quality antireflective coating used on high end and other brands that are clear with no color..

Various Seiko's
    Armida A1 Brass
    Omega Seamaster Chrono
    Orient Ray Orange
    Orient Mako USA
    Panerai 104

Quote Originally Posted by HIAZAK View Post

The 20 is about 47mm; the 30 is 49mm. Forget your wrist diameter. What is the flat spot across the top of your wrist in mm? Both of these have lugs that curve down, so they can be a little forgiving. But neither are as forgiving as the 50 (1521), which is 48mm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information