WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Olym Pianus Olympia Star Tritium Tube 'submariner'

20K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  UltraMagnetic 
#1 ·
Saw this one online today, fits the bill for a lot of those looking for tritium, sub style with sapphire. Borrowed details and pic from watcharoo.
Not too bad looking but would like to know more about company and those who may have one already.
Movement: Swiss quartz with quickset date and hacking.
Case: Stainless steel; diam. 38mm across the bezel; thickness 11mm; brushed top with polished sides; unidirectional diver's bezel with 120 clicks; sapphire crystal with cyclops lens; screw down crown; lug width 20mm; water resist 30m. Left side of case engraved 'Olympia'.
Dial: Black dial with inky gloss finish; tritium tube indices (green) with blue at 3, 6, 9 and 12; white hands with green tritium tubes.
Bracelet: Solid link stainless steel oyster style with brushed and polished finish (polished centre links); folding pushbutton clasp with safety lock.

See less See more
#3 ·
Didnt catch that, but since I make my wife do the dishes I could wear it while watching tv, but I'de better not sweat too much or could ruin the watch.:-d

#8 ·
Want even more laughs? Read from the description:

"Here's a brand you don't hear about too often – manufactured mainly for the SE Asian market and mainly available in Thailand, Burma and China, OP (Olym Pianus) are known chiefly for their Rolex style designs. This one is no exception but is equipped with good sized tubes and no premium for blue tubes at 3, 6, 9 and 12! The case finish on this is superb at this price point and is, dare I say it not far off that of the watch on which it is based. Bezel action is tight and precise with no slop. Superb value for money.":-d:-d:-d:-d:-d
<|

#9 ·
Want even more laughs? Read from the description:

"Here's a brand you don't hear about too often - manufactured mainly for the SE Asian market and mainly available in Thailand, Burma and China, OP (Olym Pianus) are known chiefly for their Rolex style designs. This one is no exception but is equipped with good sized tubes and no premium for blue tubes at 3, 6, 9 and 12! The case finish on this is superb at this price point and is, dare I say it not far off that of the watch on which it is based. Bezel action is tight and precise with no slop. Superb value for money.":-d:-d:-d:-d:-d
<|
They forgot to add: "Just don't get it wet" :-!

#10 ·
If it had an eta movement and a water resistance of at least 100m, Id buy it. As it stands, the text on the side of the case (TACKY) and the companys logo (TACKIER) make the watch look cheap.

The tritium layout is interesting though.

It is sapphire, so at least theres a small effort there.

(EDIT: just remembered my dinky thin little citizen eco drive dress watch is WR to 100m. Weird that a little thin watch like that has a higher WR than this watch.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.