So, I have been scouring the forums for last few weeks looking for a diver. This will be my only watch and I want something that I'll be able to wear at work as well as for a swim in the ocean.
Dress code at work is business/smart casual. I want the bezel so that I am able to time my breaks and lunches. A gshock would have been good for that but I wouldn't wear a digital watch with work clothing (full sleeves shirts, trousers and leather shoes). Also, I like the look of divers and I definitely want an automatic.
Following are the things I want in a watch:
- Automatic/Mechanical diver
- Less than $300
- On a bracelet (If the watch comes without a bracelet, the price including the aftermarket bracelet has to be less than $300)
- 40 - 42mm case diameter (I have 6.75" wrist)
- Black dial preferred
- Accurate timepiece (I know it's automatic and won't match the accuracy of quartz, but as accurate as possible in this budget, please)
- Good lume
- WR rating: 200m or better. Should be able to withstand an occassional dip in the ocean.
I do not want the following in watch:
- No Mercedes hands
- It will be worn to work and in the urban settings so can't really have very toolish looking watch.
The only watch I have found so far is Seiko SKX007. Is there anything else I should consider?
A few other contenders that I came across in the forum but do not fit my criterion:
- Seiko Monster (do not like the looks)
- Bernhardt Shark Master (need date, plus people say lume is no good)
- Ecozilla (do not like the looks)
- BFK (want automatic)
- UHR 412 (too big; NO 46mm case for me)
- Spork (out of budget, $350 in FS Section)
- Vostok Amphibia (naah)
- Do not like look of Orient (Ray, Mako)