Resco Patriot Problems
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Resco Patriot Problems

-->
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Resco Patriot Problems

I've been a Resco Patriot owner for just over a year. It worked great up until a few months ago. It's been back 2 times and I'm still having problems with a $1200 watch.
    I noticed I was losing about 20 minutes every few days. I sent it back when it returned I noticed I was losing about an hour a day. I watched as the second hand, moved around like normal and the minute hand did not. I boxed it up and it went back. I just got it back last Thursday and noticed when I pull out the crown to set the time, I try to push it back in and have to play with it a little to get it just right for the crown to move in. I have watches that don't cost a quarter as much and the crown pushes in perfectly every time. At this point I think that Resco has no quality control. This watch should have not left the shop especially after its 2nd trip.

I emailed Resco again and sent a short 10 second video of me trying to push the crown in. I hope they make it right this time because it's getting old.

Here is the video I emailed Resco. It was taken with my cell phone so quality sucks but you can see the crown will not stay in.
    Watch - YouTube
    Last edited by Sixgunner; February 14th, 2012 at 03:54.

Re: Resco Patriot Problems

Sorry to hear about the problems..Please keep us updated as some of us have been watching the Resco watches with interest...
    jaytaras likes this.

that must be frustrating, hopefully they can make things right once and for all on this issue...let us know how it turns out

I used to have a Patriot myself and found it a real pain to set the crown back in. The minute hand would jump or it took about 4-5 tries for the stem to pop in.
    Hope it works out for you.

At this point I'd ask for a full refund. I always found the watch to be overpriced in the first place. The crown on mine wasn't super smooth but it worked ok.
    I wish you the best but after three tries Id take my money back and put it in another watch like the upcoming Korsbek maybe or a Benarus or Zixen...
    GatorJ, apnk and PluckyPaul like this.
    BATHYS 100 Fathoms | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | JAEGER-LE COULTRE NSA | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ROLEX 16570 | SINN UX SDR | SWATCH Sistem51 black/red & Irony Chrono | TUDOR Sub79090 Blue & Black | VULCAIN "Cricket" Nautical Trophy | WEISS Standard Field Watch | G-SHOCKs DW-6900HM-2 & GW-9200 & GW-M6610|
    Ordered--> BATHYS 100Fathoms Q, MARGRETTE Dual Time white & Vantage Bronze/brown, HEXA F71, Rossling & Co Auto, HELBERG CH8, HELGRAY Firestone

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99dad View Post
    At this point I'd ask for a full refund. I always found the watch to be overpriced in the first place. The crown on mine wasn't super smooth but it worked ok.
    I wish you the best but after three tries Id take my money back and put it in another watch like the upcoming Korsbek maybe or a Benarus or Zixen...
    After over a year, if they offer me a refund, I'll take it.

ufrid

Sorry to hear. I've had nothing but great stuff from RESCO. I think it must have been a bad movement. I am surprised they didn't replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by ufrid View Post
    Sorry to hear. I've had nothing but great stuff from RESCO. I think it must have been a bad movement. I am surprised they didn't replace it.
    I'm suprised they didn't replace the movement, too. I'm going to try to get a full refund. I like the watch but I'm tired of the problems. I can only imagine what kind of trouble I'm going to have when it's out of warranty.

I hate to say it, but I should have listened to my wife and bought a watch from an established company.
    Last edited by Sixgunner; February 13th, 2012 at 04:20.
    g17 likes this.

I sent mine back for service 3 weeks ago. Was notified that it was received and have not heard back since. Hoping to get it back soon. I have a new leather strap for it and miss it in my rotation. Mine started out 30+ secs/day and gradually increased to +2 to +3 minutes/day and I felt it was time for servicing. I have been happy with the watch thus far and look forward to seeing how it runs when I get it back. Sixgunner, sorry to hear you have had problems with your Patriot. Hope things work out to your satisfaction.
    Last edited by Mark McK; February 13th, 2012 at 04:41.

Mark,
    I guess they have been busy at Resco. It took about a week for them to answer one of my emails. It takes time but I like to have a record of what they say, so no one gets mixed up.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information