Review: Magrette Moana Pacific Professional Black & Steel - Page 3
Like Tree248Likes

Thread: Review: Magrette Moana Pacific Professional Black & Steel

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Re: Review: Magrette Moana Pacific Professional Black & Steel

Hey Guys

I have received a few questions on which straps are shown on some of these photos, figured I'd make it easy with direct links. Aside from the heavier Magrette leather I almost always wear RIOS1931 for Panatime. These are superb straps in every regard and look terrific on the Moana Pacific (and other Magrette pieces.) What I particularly like is that the 24mm tapers to 22mm and so I always use the Magrette deployant. Even better is that the 22mm straps are untapered so stay at 22mm and still accept the clasp. They're nicely padded so stand up to the case size, and likewise sit near flush to the tops of the lugs. But they also break in well and are comfortable, holding the form of your wrist. They're not cheap, but also not crazy expensive. If you like this Panerai-style of strap they're worth checking out.

These are the ones I rotate:

Black: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Black Genuine Vintage Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (this is the smooth black leather, there is a distressed version as well that I have not seen in the flesh)

Stone: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Stone Genuine Vintage Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (I have the Slate and Dark Brown distressed as well but frankly I'm hard pressed to tell the difference)

Burnt Maroon: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Burnt Maroon Genuine Vintage Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (my personal favorite, looks out of this world on PVD black cases)

Light Suede Brown: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Light Suede Brown Genuine Vintage Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (softer look and feel)

Burnt Chestnut: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Burnt Chestnut Genuine Vintage Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (another favorite, very rich looking, unreal on the Vantage/bronze cases)

Classic Brown: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Classic Brown Genuine Vintage Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (this is what is pictured on the shots above, makes the rounds on both the MPP Black and Steel)

Navy: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Navy Genuine Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (looks great with the MPP Blue, the only one I wear it with)

There are several others as well. I'm not a green guy but there is an olive that I bet would kill on the All Black.
    Darwin, kpjimmy, mdsaitto and 1 others like this.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

A very complete review! Thank you so much for sharing it!

Strap Parade

Some updated photos of both the Black and Steel wearing Magrette leather:

- Tan/light brown with white stitch
    - Tan/light brown with tan stitch
    - Chocolate brown
    - Black

Each of these are equipped with Magrette-signed hardware but will also accommodate the custom deployant clasp.

Name:  magrette_mppsteel-leather-2.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  248.9 KB

Name:  magrette_mppsteel-leather-3.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  254.0 KB

Name:  magrette_mppsteel-leather.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  240.8 KB

Name:  magrette_mppsteel-leather-4.jpg
Size:  236.7 KB

Name:  magrette_mppblack-leather-3.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  245.8 KB

Name:  magrette_mppblack-leather-4.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  250.6 KB

Name:  magrette_mppblack-leather.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  238.9 KB

Name:  magrette_mppblack-leather-2.jpg
Size:  233.0 KB
    Craustin1, kpjimmy and mdsaitto like this.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Moderator DWF & Sales Corner Quicksilver's Avatar

Great review and excellent photos as always. I was tempted by the black but knowing the L2L is slightly increased has me taking pause. With the old MPP series my wrist was barely able to handle them. Another factor for me is that every strap from Magrette is useless as they are too long. It would be nice if Dion could offer a small variety of lengths for the straps as they are good quality.
    For 2017 I am mostly interested in his mention of a bracelet. Really hoping the Waterman is included in that bracelet release.
    Again great review but 44 and 53 is not wearable for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Surfish likes this.

Nice straps and review!! Here is mine on vintage black leather

Name:  2017-02-19_14.01.42.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  1.07 MB

Name:  2017-02-19_14.01.05.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  1.12 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Great review and excellent photos as always. I was tempted by the black but knowing the L2L is slightly increased has me taking pause. With the old MPP series my wrist was barely able to handle them. Another factor for me is that every strap from Magrette is useless as they are too long. It would be nice if Dion could offer a small variety of lengths for the straps as they are good quality.
    For 2017 I am mostly interested in his mention of a bracelet. Really hoping the Waterman is included in that bracelet release.
    Again great review but 44 and 53 is not wearable for me.

Don't know where the extra lug to lug is coming from. The only modification that I'm aware of was a slight repositioning of the pin holes to ensure a tight fit of the new integrated strap. As for the stock strap being a barrier there is a world of third party offerings at your disposal. Moot points both if 44mm doesn't wear comfortably for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Moderator DWF & Sales Corner Quicksilver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mitchjrj View Post
    Don't know where the extra lug to lug is coming from. The only modification that I'm aware of was a slight repositioning of the pin holes to ensure a tight fit of the new integrated strap. As for the stock strap being a barrier there is a world of third party offerings at your disposal. Moot points both if 44mm doesn't wear comfortably for you.

From memory I thought it was 52 on the old MPP line and 53.3 on this release? Sorry if I am not correct just thought I read that the L2L had been slightly changed.
    Agree on the 3rd party strap availability but with a watch that is 52-53mm l2l the stock straps should be available in different lengths. Remember this is only a slight criticism from someone who has owned close to a dozen Magrette watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    From memory I thought it was 52 on the old MPP line and 53.3 on this release? Sorry if I am not correct just thought I read that the L2L had been slightly changed.
    Agree on the 3rd party strap availability but with a watch that is 52-53mm l2l the stock straps should be available in different lengths. Remember this is only a slight criticism from someone who has owned close to a dozen Magrette watches.

I hear ya. My measurements may have confused matters as lugs peak and taper back, from about 53 to 52.

Quicksilver likes this.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mitchjrj View Post
    Your correction stands corrected.

The "swirl" represents the koru vine, indigenous to NZ...

From their site...

"The Magrette emblem promotes our design philosophy and heritage. Our logo combines the strength and protection offered by the shield with the poignant symbolism of the koru... The koru complements this synergy beautifully with its suggestion of perpetual movement carried in the unfurling of a fern frond - a symbolism unique to traditional New Zealand culture..."

The shield is also a nod to Maori culture. I'm a closet design geek and like how the two were brought together in a clean, effective graphic. That said the wave interpretation is a relevant side benefit.

I stand corrected! Thank you.

That might be the most detailed watch review I've ever read. Well done. The pictures are excellent. Are you Magrette's product photographer?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information