Quote Originally Posted by Craustin1 View Post
    Nice straps and review!! Here is mine on vintage black leather

Attachment 10931938

Attachment 10931946
    Great combo! I like!

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk
    Craustin1 likes this.

Re: Review: Magrette Moana Pacific Professional Black & Steel

I have amended the review to include weights on the three included straps. Not because I care about weight, but others might. And, more important, a new kitchen scale just arrived and I had to test it. ;)
    Craustin1 likes this.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Been wearing this on the NATO and switched back with the baseball glove strap.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sheesh the steel steals the show.
    MEzz and kpjimmy like this.

I specifically signed up to WUS to soak up every picture of the MPP until mine arrives. :) so, hi everyone! I ordered the black one, the blue lume and the play between polished and brushed surfaces did it for me. My dirty little secret - not only did I order the tan strap with white stitching from Dion, but also a slew of other straps, I think 4 altogether. And I don't even know if I will like the watch yet. I think, I might have a bigger strap problem than a watch problem.

I. Can't. Wait. Especially since other US and specifically Arizona forum members got theirs already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Craustin1 and kpjimmy like this.
    "There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full."
    Henry A. Kissinger, June 1 1969

Impressive review!!! Magrette is probably one of the strongest brands among micros. My first Magrette was a Moana Pacific Diver. Since then, as seen here, the progression has been spectacular...
    Regards and thanks for this splendid review.
    kpjimmy likes this.
    "Borders?. I have never seen one. But I have heard they exist in the minds of some people". Thor Heyerdahl.

Mido Ocean Star Captain/ Crepas Cayman/ Crepas L'Océan/ Orient Poseidon/ Seiko Dojo/ Orient Mako/ Seiko Monster/ Zeno Army Diver LE/ Magrette Moana Pacific Diver/ Magrette Regattare Brass/ Orient M Force/ Luxmento Naylamp 300m/ Seiko SRP777.
    Tissot Visodate/ Orient Bambino ER2400CN/ Orient Bambino ER24003W/ Poljot Okeah Final Edition/ G Gerlach - Clubokies Tokkotai
    Certina DS 1960/ Certina DS2 1970/ Seiko 6139/
    Eterna KonTiki 20.
    Luxmento Naylamp/ Glycine Airman World Traveler/ Pulsar PSR10/ Pulsar PSR20/ Pulsar G10/ Bertucci A2-T Highpolish.

Great review! Any photos of skinny wrists (mine 6.5) with this watch guys?

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Amazing and very detailed review. If it was you who took the pictures for Dion, then you're directly responsible for me ordering the MPP black the moment I saw it. I have a hard time waiting for mine to arrive, so I calm myself by reading through this review at least once a day. :)
    "There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full."
    Henry A. Kissinger, June 1 1969

I have seen it mentioned in a couple of different locales that the lug-to-lug has changed on the MPP Black and Steel, and I really don't know how that started. Although I'm guessing it has to do with the changes made to better accommodate the new integrated rubber strap and ensure a tight fit across the case. The only difference I am aware of is a tiny shift of the pin holes, which in turn brings the strap in nice and snug.

Below are caliper measurements of both the MPP Steel and Blue, where you can see the lug length is the same. That 0.1mm difference is a function of the caliper's sensitivity as I tried to get the teeth tight without slipping under while positioning for a photo. If I'm holding with both hands and torquing in the teeth they both read 53.1mm.

Name:  lug-to-lug-01.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  258.1 KB

Name:  lug-to-lug-01-2.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  294.9 KB

Hopefully that helps clarify.
    Last edited by mitchjrj; February 22nd, 2017 at 06:09.
    Craustin1, kpjimmy, daforg and 1 others like this.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

As a follow up to the list of RIOS1931 straps I provided earlier I assembled the following for reference. From left to right pictured are:

- Smooth black
    - Smooth navy
    - Classic brown
    - Stone or slate
    - Slate or stone (can never remember which is which)
    - Burnt maroon

Name:  magrette_deployant+RIOS1931.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  345.9 KB

These happen to be the 24mm sizes, tapering to 22mm which accepts the Magrette deployant. The 22mm lug width versions are untapered so do as well... which I love. For whatever reason not all of these colors are available in the 22mm size. Not pictured here is burnt chestnut, which is glorious, shown here on the Waterman...

Name:  magrette_.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  125.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mitchjrj View Post
    Hey Guys

I have received a few questions on which straps are shown on some of these photos, figured I'd make it easy with direct links. Aside from the heavier Magrette leather I almost always wear RIOS1931 for Panatime. These are superb straps in every regard and look terrific on the Moana Pacific (and other Magrette pieces.) What I particularly like is that the 24mm tapers to 22mm and so I always use the Magrette deployant. Even better is that the 22mm straps are untapered so stay at 22mm and still accept the clasp. They're nicely padded so stand up to the case size, and likewise sit near flush to the tops of the lugs. But they also break in well and are comfortable, holding the form of your wrist. They're not cheap, but also not crazy expensive. If you like this Panerai-style of strap they're worth checking out.

These are the ones I rotate:

Black: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Black Genuine Vintage Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (this is the smooth black leather, there is a distressed version as well that I have not seen in the flesh)

Stone: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Stone Genuine Vintage Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (I have the Slate and Dark Brown distressed as well but frankly I'm hard pressed to tell the difference)

Burnt Maroon: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Burnt Maroon Genuine Vintage Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (my personal favorite, looks out of this world on PVD black cases)

Light Suede Brown: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Light Suede Brown Genuine Vintage Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (softer look and feel)

Burnt Chestnut: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Burnt Chestnut Genuine Vintage Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (another favorite, very rich looking, unreal on the Vantage/bronze cases)

Classic Brown: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Classic Brown Genuine Vintage Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (this is what is pictured on the shots above, makes the rounds on both the MPP Black and Steel)

Navy: NEW ITEM-24mm RIOS1931 for Panatime Navy Genuine Leather Watch Strap with White Stitching for Panerai 24/22 114/82 (looks great with the MPP Blue, the only one I wear it with)

There are several others as well. I'm not a green guy but there is an olive that I bet would kill on the All Black.
    JSim, Darwin, Aydrian and 2 others like this.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information