Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sellita SW 220-1 Automatic w/ 26 Jewels Question???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    361

    Question Sellita SW 220-1 Automatic w/ 26 Jewels Question???

    Does this movement wind in both directions, does it hack and can it be wound by the crown?

    Sorry for so many questions but I'm very interested in this movement and couldn't find anything on the Sellita website. Thanks for any and all help :)
    **I <3 G's**

  2. #2
    Member mngambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,698

    Re: Sellita SW 220-1 Automatic w/ 26 Jewels Question???

    well I know it hacks and handwinds...not sure about the winding direction

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    361

    Re: Sellita SW 220-1 Automatic w/ 26 Jewels Question???

    Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    well I know it hacks and handwinds...not sure about the winding direction
    Oh ok cool thanks for the info, Maybe someone else can chime in on the direction too...
    **I <3 G's**

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    361

    Re: Sellita SW 220-1 Automatic w/ 26 Jewels Question???

    Anyone else with some info?
    **I <3 G's**

  5. #5
    Moderator Public Forum Eric L.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,121

    Re: Sellita SW 220-1 Automatic w/ 26 Jewels Question???

    I believe the rotor does wind in both directions.
    Lots of dive watches.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    361

    Re: Sellita SW 220-1 Automatic w/ 26 Jewels Question???

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric L. View Post
    I believe the rotor does wind in both directions.
    Ok sweet! Thank you so much for the help
    **I <3 G's**

  7. #7
    Member twigfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    768

    Re: Sellita SW 220-1 Automatic w/ 26 Jewels Question???

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Diver View Post
    Does this movement wind in both directions, does it hack and can it be wound by the crown?

    Sorry for so many questions but I'm very interested in this movement and couldn't find anything on the Sellita website. Thanks for any and all help :)
    Yes, the Sellita SW220 is bidirectional (winds in both directions) & takes approx. 600 turns to develop full power in a watch winder (just thought I'd throw that in).

    Dave

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    552

    Re: Sellita SW 220-1 Automatic w/ 26 Jewels Question???

    It has been my understanding that the Stella movement is a Swiss “Generic” ETA 2824-2.

    The patent rights for the 2824-2 have expired.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    361

    Re: Sellita SW 220-1 Automatic w/ 26 Jewels Question???

    Quote Originally Posted by twigfarm View Post
    Yes, the Sellita SW220 is bidirectional (winds in both directions) & takes approx. 600 turns to develop full power in a watch winder (just thought I'd throw that in).

    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecross View Post
    It has been my understanding that the Stella movement is a Swiss “Generic” ETA 2824-2.

    The patent rights for the 2824-2 have expired.
    Thanks so much guys, this is everything I needed to know before I order.. Hope you all have a safe and fantastic weekend!!!
    **I <3 G's**

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    351

    Re: Sellita SW 220-1 Automatic w/ 26 Jewels Question???

    Quote Originally Posted by sidecross View Post
    It has been my understanding that the Stella movement is a Swiss “Generic” ETA 2824-2.

    The patent rights for the 2824-2 have expired.
    Yet the slipped an extra jewel in.
    sidecross likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •