shaumburg or enzo mechana?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: shaumburg or enzo mechana?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

shaumburg or enzo mechana?

Hi, I know it's an hard fight:
    Enzo Mechana EMV001 Vs Shaumburg Aquamatic?
    what from these two beast do you choose?
    tech specs comparison are appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: shaumburg or enzo mechana?

Oh no.
    Here we go again.
    There is plenty of stuff on the forum.
    Just search and do some research.

Wow, great question.

I've owned/own several Schaumburgs and one Enzo. Both brands are outstanding. Beast watches with a great feel and in-your-face presence.

Main difference for me, once you decide on the looks of the watch you want, is in the following:

Lume: I found Enzo was superior to the Schaumburgs

Lugs: Enzo's are screwed in, Schaumburgs are not. That is actually a plus for the Enzo unless you are like me and love to swap straps for different uses, then the Enzo is somewhat of a PITA. You will never lose a pin that way, though...

Service: Never had to deal with Enzo, but from what I gather, he is a fantastic guy who really enjoys personally helping his customers. No idea about Schaumburg.

I believe the specs are about the same.

If I HAD to chose one? Really, I'd go either way. It would get down to looks for me.

GOOD LUCK!

Here are a couple of pics:

Respectfully,
    Paul

Hidden Content

"Charlie didn't get much USO. He was dug in too deep or moving too fast. His idea of great R&R was cold rice and a little rat meat."

Paul pretty much nailed it. I have dealt with Enzo and he is tops in the customer service dept. So much so you are proud to wear his watch. Both great pieces to the point of picking which one you like looking at better or availability. Good luck.

I will vote Schaumburgs, here is mine mod by Jack@IWW

My biased vote goes for the ENZO. Haven't owned a Schaumburg, but have looked at them extensively. I like the dial/face combo's on Enzo's watches far more than the Schaumburgs. I think the Enzo is more 'special', in that Enzo's company is so small compared to the rest of the market, more unique, kind of like owning a 'boutique dive watch'. I'm not saying this is valid, it's just how my Enzo makes me feel.

Only complaint I have about my Enzo is the Lume. I have an EMV, and the lume is not great, contrary to Deepcdvr's opinion. I've gotten over the lume, and overall, I consider my Enzo the best 'WIS' purchase I've ever made.

I say go grab one.
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm
    Oris Williams F1 Chronograph
    Citizen Meccanico NP3010-34A
    Citizen Aqualand 20th Aniv. Eco-Drive
    G-Shock G2300B-1V
    Luminox 3001

Inactive

I'm with paul, the comparison is just too close. The watches are some darned near identical in quality and look, I don't know how one would decide. I'd go Schaumburg simply because I like the name better, I guess. ;D

Enzo! its the only watch i regret selling. i had the sub hatch and it was the most amazing watch! Best lume ive ever seen (thats not tritium) and definetly the brightest. the watch is made so well you'd think it should be a grand more expensive.

Get the Enzo, trust me on this one. Plus out of any watch brand, Enzo is the one deserving your buisness the most. You can PM & email the owner, he gets back to you and helps you with anything. Got a broken or missing screw, no problem, hell send you one for free, no questions. Want mods, sure hell do anything you ask, personally by hand sometimes.

Mine was bought 2nd hand when the watch was 2 weeks old, no box or papers, one of Enzo's "garage sales". He never had any problems helping me out, didnt care i bought it semi used off WUS.

the watch itself was amazing, everything felt tight and right. no issues. heres some pics.

I think the Enzos look better, but I would chose the German built Shaumburg.
    - KIND REGARDS -

I'm pretty biased, myself towards the Enzo. Mine is running +6/day. Great Service. Lume is very good, though I wouldn't say excellent. The overall design is great. I do like the look of the Shaums as well, especially their dial/hand combos. The cases (I believe) come out of the same factory, so I'd bet build quality to be about even. Here's my daily wear/beater on a bund/strap.

--Steve
    --------------------
    "War and courage have done more than love of your neighbor. Not your pity but your bravery has saved the unfortunate thus far."
    --Nietzsche

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information