Show your doggy and Diver... - Page 117
Like Tree11398Likes

Thread: Show your doggy and Diver...

Page 117 of 125 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1245
  1. #1161
    Member 59yukon01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    8,996

    Re: Show your doggy and Diver...

    Quote Originally Posted by knightRider View Post
    Baloo with Tudor Bronze:

    Attachment 11556906

    Baloo chillin' with the bronze:

    Attachment 11556938

    Update on Baloo. Had him just over a month now. He is a handful, but that's part of the fun.
    He appears to have improved with my son, but I'm still keeping a close eye on the interaction and muzzle Baloo when necessary.

    He goes after people on bikes , barks at cats, but is a loyal guard dog. I've put guard dog warning signs on my fences in case someone tries to break in.
    In the UK, criminals can sue you for breaking into your property

    New people need to be introduced slowly to Baloo as he appears to have had a very sheltered life before I adopted him. He has settled quite well but this will take time as it looks like he was neglected in his past. Daughter loves him and they get on so well. Looking forward to life with Baloo and hopefully improving his triggers.
    Will keep you updated!
    Beautiful dog, and I'm sure your patience will be rewarded in the long term.

    Oh and Maya has a thing for Shepherds, if you know what I mean.

    Last edited by 59yukon01; 4 Weeks Ago at 16:16.
    Alpina Startimer Pilot Big Date Pilot PVD Chronograph
    Citizen Promaster Professional BN0151-09L
    Gavox ​Avidiver PVD
    Seiko
    MM300 SBDX001, Tuna SBBN017, Shogun SBDC007, Sumo SBDC003, SKX173, SKX175​, SKX779, & SKX781

  2. #1162
    Member SHANE 1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Show your doggy and Diver...

    Sad story about a German Shepherd mate, I was on a motorbike "Norton commando" near Andover Hants UK, dog came out of nowhere doing that chasing thing they do, Unfortunately I had no possible response time to even try and avoid it and I ran over it, killed it almost right away, F****d me up as I love dogs, so it was a sad day for the owners and also for me, because no words could help the loss.
    Anyway point is try and train it not to chase bikes to avoid the possibility of it happening to yours.


    Quote Originally Posted by knightRider View Post
    Baloo with Tudor Bronze:

    Attachment 11556906

    Baloo chillin' with the bronze:

    Attachment 11556938

    Update on Baloo. Had him just over a month now. He is a handful, but that's part of the fun.
    He appears to have improved with my son, but I'm still keeping a close eye on the interaction and muzzle Baloo when necessary.

    He goes after people on bikes , barks at cats, but is a loyal guard dog. I've put guard dog warning signs on my fences in case someone tries to break in.
    In the UK, criminals can sue you for breaking into your property

    New people need to be introduced slowly to Baloo as he appears to have had a very sheltered life before I adopted him. He has settled quite well but this will take time as it looks like he was neglected in his past. Daughter loves him and they get on so well. Looking forward to life with Baloo and hopefully improving his triggers.
    Will keep you updated!
    My Springer being uncooperative.

    Name:  VEE WUS.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  438.4 KB
    Last edited by SHANE 1000; 4 Weeks Ago at 16:38.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

  3. #1163
    Member knightRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South London - a real diamond geezer
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Show your doggy and Diver...

    Quote Originally Posted by 59yukon01 View Post
    Beautiful dog, and I'm sure your patience will be rewarded in the long term.

    Oh and Maya has a thing for Shepherds, if you know what I mean.

    thanyou, that's sweet!
    DaveandStu and 59yukon01 like this.
    Peace people

  4. #1164
    Member knightRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South London - a real diamond geezer
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Show your doggy and Diver...

    Quote Originally Posted by SHANE 1000 View Post
    Sad story about a German Shepherd mate, I was on a motorbike "Norton commando" near Andover Hants UK, dog came out of nowhere doing that chasing thing they do, Unfortunately I had no possible response time to even try and avoid it and I ran over it, killed it almost right away, F****d me up as I love dogs, so it was a sad day for the owners and also for me, because no words could help the loss.
    Anyway point is try and train it not to chase bikes to avoid the possibility of it happening to yours.



    My Springer being uncooperative.

    Name:  VEE WUS.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  438.4 KB
    Yes indeed, Shane. I'm trying different things. Ordered Baloo a couple of toys and will try some retrieve training with him. Also some pulling toys. The aim is to try and channel his hunting instincts into games.
    Will see how this goes. Seems Baloo had a sheltered life before, so it may be a shock to his system getting all this attention etc. I'm lucky to live near a forest so I can take him there, away from city distractions until he starts changing his responses.
    Peace people

  5. #1165
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sunshine Coast Qld Australia
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Show your doggy and Diver...

    Hi KR, your the key as 'top dog"....glad to hear he is making progress, just a question does your daughter hesitate less around him than your son? Re the home invasion if one of mine or my mates dogs over the years did his job and cleaned up a thief...and if it looked like the CLOWNS were going to request a "termination" we'd give them a holiday till it cooled down......get a back up pad for him mate, they can't go down for being loyal....and I reckon a run in the scrub will do all a lot of good,tire him out..all the best Dave
    Max says gday...
    Last edited by DaveandStu; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:41.

  6. #1166
    Member knightRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South London - a real diamond geezer
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Show your doggy and Diver...

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveandStu View Post
    Hi KR, your the key as 'top dog"....glad to hear he is making progress, just a question does your daughter hesitate less around him than your son? Re the home invasion if one of mine or my mates dogs over the years did his job and cleaned up a thief...and if it looked like the CLOWNS were going to request a "termination" we'd give them a holiday till it cooled down......get a back up pad for him mate, they can't go down for being loyal....and I reckon a run in the scrub will do all a lot of good,tire him out..all the best Dave
    Max says gday...
    thanks, Dave. Good points there.

    Yes, daughter is far more confident with dogs. This may have been an issue as dogs pick up on this. Not sure what the problem is between my son and Baloo. Baloo is lucky enough to have his own room so we put him there when my son needs space.

    I may get a dog specialist in later if things do not improve, but it's still fairly early I think.

    thanks, Knight
    SHANE 1000 and DaveandStu like this.
    Peace people

  7. #1167
    Member Seabee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NYC, L.I., CT
    Posts
    86

    Re: Show your doggy and Diver...

    New here and so, as my first post/response, my diver and my doggie. I caught her red-handed (red-pawed?) wearing my ssc017
    Name:  boo2S.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  2.31 MB

    Name:  boos.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  2.04 MB

  8. #1168
    Member Paul Ramon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Show your doggy and Diver...

    Quote Originally Posted by Seabee1 View Post
    New here and so, as my first post/response, my diver and my doggie. I caught her red-handed (red-pawed?) wearing my ssc017
    Name:  boo2S.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  2.31 MB

    Name:  boos.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  2.04 MB

    Great first post. Welcome aboard!
    Toothbras and DaveandStu like this.

  9. #1169
    Member cmdErrX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    650

    Re: Show your doggy and Diver...



  10. #1170
    Member Seabee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NYC, L.I., CT
    Posts
    86

    Re: Show your doggy and Diver...

    Thanks Paul.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •